Weight-Loss Lose 10lbs in Feb challenge

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1: 202.5 lbs
Feb 13: 198.0 lbs
Feb 17: 196.0 lbs
Feb 19: 194.5 lbs

2 lbs to go before the end of the month. It looks like I will be successful in this challenge. That would be a first! ;)

Good luck everyone else too. Even if you are not on schedule for the 10 lbs, even if you manage to get just a few pounds, that's still progress. The thing that matters is what you do today.

hi i need your help. if u can then please help me out.

hi i need your help. if u can then please help me out.

Hi chocolate. First, I can give you some advice, but of course you will have to help yourself. My most general advice is finding out why you want to lose weight, and finding an inspiring source of inspiration. Whatever your reason, don't lose weight to learn to love/accept yourself, but let your love for yourself be your starting point. For me, I would say "I love myself, and therefore I should take good care of me. That means that I should eat well, and exercise well. I should find ways of doing these that are realistic for me, that really work. I want to lose weight through them, but this is just part of building a good health. If I would lose weight, I would still be the same me, just a bit smaller. But it would be good for my health, which would enhance my freedom. Free to participate in triathlons and do well at them, if I want to."
After finding out your motivation (which also grows through time, it's not something that you set in a few minutes, though you can start with that), you identify some habits that you want to change and find out what daily actions you would need to do to do that. Take your time for this, and change habits one by one, or perhaps a few, but make sure that you make changes that you are able to stick with. I am still changing some of my habits, as I am learning more through this process, even though I have been at this for quite some time. One of the first habits I changed, and that is still making a difference, is that I walk a lot to things that are within 1 kilometer (university, the supermarket, the city center, etc). Because of that, I estimate that I walk 5-10 kilometers per week more than I would otherwise, which allows me to burn an extra 450-900 calories per week. This may not seem like a lot, but it adds up over the weeks.

Update:
Feb 22: 193.3 lbs

0.8 lbs to go. So close...

I hope everyone else has a good week too!

hi guys. im glad this challenge is helping so many ppl stay on track- nothing like having to put up your weight online to keep you focused.

today is weigh day for me- i am down 2 and a half pounds - currently 10 stone 3 (143lbs) so im pleased with that.

EDIT:Noticed when i lost a pound and a half last week i only put down half a pound loss on my list so ill rectify that

eb 1st - 150 lbs
Feb 8th- 147 lbs
Feb 15th - 145.5
Feb 22nd -143
Feb 28th -

3 lbs for me to go ---- last weight in coming up - good luck guys xxx

how's everyone's progress? I weighed myself yesterday, on a whim and I was just under 80kg ... 3.5 kg = ~8 lbs ... this might actually be attainable ... I'm going to celebrate with a drink (j/k)

Hi chocolate. First, I can give you some advice, but of course you will have to help yourself. My most general advice is finding out why you want to lose weight, and finding an inspiring source of inspiration. Whatever your reason, don't lose weight to learn to love/accept yourself, but let your love for yourself be your starting point. For me, I would say "I love myself, and therefore I should take good care of me. That means that I should eat well, and exercise well. I should find ways of doing these that are realistic for me, that really work. I want to lose weight through them, but this is just part of building a good health. If I would lose weight, I would still be the same me, just a bit smaller. But it would be good for my health, which would enhance my freedom. Free to participate in triathlons and do well at them, if I want to."
After finding out your motivation (which also grows through time, it's not something that you set in a few minutes, though you can start with that), you identify some habits that you want to change and find out what daily actions you would need to do to do that. Take your time for this, and change habits one by one, or perhaps a few, but make sure that you make changes that you are able to stick with. I am still changing some of my habits, as I am learning more through this process, even though I have been at this for quite some time. One of the first habits I changed, and that is still making a difference, is that I walk a lot to things that are within 1 kilometer (university, the supermarket, the city center, etc). Because of that, I estimate that I walk 5-10 kilometers per week more than I would otherwise, which allows me to burn an extra 450-900 calories per week. This may not seem like a lot, but it adds up over the weeks.

Update:
Feb 22: 193.3 lbs

0.8 lbs to go. So close...

I hope everyone else has a good week too!
you said very well. i am glad that you replied me and gave me good advice. i already started to change my habits as i left using lift for office and i step out to my departments using stairs. i left junk food and fried foods. I didn't care myself before but now i do and i want to do it heartily. i want to look good. want to do horse riding and lots of other activities for which weight loose is very important. i have started a diet plan from 23 feb. i am 100 kg exactly right now. i'll weight my self next week.

@justdance2 - awesome! You can do it! :)

@allcdnboy - good to hear that you are doing well! Wait for the celebration until the month is over! ;)

For me... I had 2 break days. Will make the last 5 days of February count. I only needed to lose 0.8 lbs, so that should be easy to do (even if I lose at half my normal rate). Whether the scale will show that in time (before the month is over), we'll see.

wha
@justdance2 - awesome! You can do it! :)

@allcdnboy - good to hear that you are doing well! Wait for the celebration until the month is over! ;)

For me... I had 2 break days. Will make the last 5 days of February count. I only needed to lose 0.8 lbs, so that should be easy to do (even if I lose at half my normal rate). Whether the scale will show that in time (before the month is over), we'll see.
what is your target for the month of February and what is your diet?

Hello everyone I know I'm late! Today I weigh 159.2 lbs. I want to lose 1.5 lbs by Feb 28. I'll do it by exercise and diet.

Ok, my final week wasn't that great. Anyways, I lost 9.3 lbs in February, so it was a great month anyways. Having a short break isn't bad.

Well done vicincali2 on those 2 lbs, that's some good progress in a few days! Good luck next months!

Good luck on your weight loss journey everyone, it was nice to do this together!

Hi everyone. While, I'm now on vacation in Phoenix and using a different scale, so I'm not sure how it compares to my other one.

79 kg (174 lbs) ... 8lbs lost ... I'll go with that :) Didn't make the 10, but I'm happy either way.

Good work everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back