Looking To Lose Weight

How many calories are you consuming each day Mr Goat? Are you drinking enough water?

How many calories are you consuming each day Mr Goat? Are you drinking enough water?

Im eating probably about 1200 calories a day i guess. I believe I drink enough water.

I have mostly been following the same routine, but the weight loss has slowed dramatically.

As @LaMaria said it could be calorie creep. however keeping to exactly the same level of exercise will see the body adapt to the exercise where it no longer burns as many calories as it once did for your body.

Im eating probably about 1200 calories a day i guess.

This is rather low for a male of your size, but not as bad as some will suggest so long as your consuming the right nutrients for your needs. What is a concern is you are only guessing how much your consuming, it would be a good idea to actually track your intake for a short period of time to work out how much your really eating.

Hey Mr Goat, the others may be right, your calories may be too low. I lost a lot of weight at 1,200 calories a day, but now am finding I can lose just as much at 1,500. As I understand it eating too little can lower your metabolism, you body's natural response, which can slow weight loss. You might try upping your calories by 100 a day or so. Your experience may be different from mine, I just offer it as the example I am most familiar with. I realize this is advice I got from folks here for a long time and did not heed it. Now I wish I have at least given it a try sooner.

Best of luck with it.

Hi, It's been a year since I last posted. Unfortunately , I have to say that my weight loss has stalled and even reversed a a bit. Initially , I managed to get my weight down from 100kg to around 85kg. Then , the weight loss just STOPPED. No matter what I did, my weight wouldn't go below around 85kg ... it just seemed to plateau. Frustrated, I gave up and stopped tracking my calories and exercising. Now my weight has gone up to 91kg. I have been trying to lose weight again for the past 2 weeks , but so far there has been no loss of weight, still stuck at around 91kg. Anyone know why weight loss plateaus happen and how to break through one ? Thanks ...

Back