Llama

Thanks guys. Today was easier, although the day was a long one and we got shuffled around due to a colleague being sick. And of course they assigned me one more patient without asking (on top of the ones I'd already agreed to take extra). But I was doing ok and I didn't notice until they were already so I didn't say anything.
Quick grocery shop, then played Minecraft with Sis2 and Nephew3. Lost track of time and had to rush to eat dinner and shower in time for a guided tour at the art history museum with friends. Now home and very tired!

Oh, I found time in between acts to return a call from the gastro-enterologist's office: histology is looking good as well so I really am just overly sensitive 🤷‍♀️

It sounds like you coped well with the extra work, Llama & had a very positive day. Good news about the histology xo

Nice you got out with some friends to the art history museum. How was it?
That is good to know that it is more just a sensitivity issue rather than anything major going on.

Thanks Cate, Liza, Vic, and Rob. Yesterday was fun, but it was a little too much: kind of dead today. Only kind of though, to my happy surprise. Very hungry so I had bigger lunch but didn't binge. Proud of that.

Thanks guys. I slept like a log but I woke up super bloated, with puffy eyes. Still 0.3 kg lighter than on the morning of colonoscopy though, so I think I can confidently say I lost weight this week. And yet I feel like I binged yesterday, just for eating a little more, so I need to keep an eye on that. Think I'll count my protein for a couple of days to make sure I'm not too strict and end up binging.

Thanks Liza. I completely forgot to count my protein, of course, so I'll try to remember what I had and catch up now... Well: I ate more than I'd've thought but that also means I got 104 g of protein today. Very good! Will try to count along right away tomorrow because today some of the amounts were guesses. Mostly the veggies though, so it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

I couldn't let that stand, of course. Counted calories as well and to the best of my knowledge it's only just over 2000. And I thought I'd eaten so much when I was listing it all out for the protein!

Thanks Cate, Liza, and Vic :) Sadly today wasn't as good: I had to cut my walk short because I had pudding in my legs and cotton wool in my head and that's not safe when I'm out alone. And then I had two large portions of icecream instead of one reasonable one. Not a giant binge but definitely more calories than I needed and my gut was upset afterwards. Did manage half an hour of step-ups later in the day so that at least gives me some more calories out for the day.

Hey Llama! Sounds like over all you are doing very well 😊 I think it is nice that you connect with your family, I think they may not live near you? Also what is a step-up? I really like step aerobics and I am envisioning that step-ups must be kind of what I like to do on the step.

Hey Llama! Sounds like over all you are doing very well 😊 I think it is nice that you connect with your family, I think they may not live near you? Also what is a step-up? I really like step aerobics and I am envisioning that step-ups must be kind of what I like to do on the step.
They live a couple of countries away so we don't see each other in person so often. I'm not sure if I usedbthe right word but for me a step-up is just stepping up the step and back down, nothing fancy beyond raising my knees.
I think I always have pudding in my legs & often have cotton wool in my head. I like your turn of phrase, Llama :)
Thanks Cate. I didn't like the feeling though!

Feeling very cravy this morning - no surprise after overdoing it on icecream. Need to keep my focus today.

Thanks Cate, Liza, and Vic :) Sadly today wasn't as good: I had to cut my walk short because I had pudding in my legs and cotton wool in my head and that's not safe when I'm out alone. And then I had two large portions of icecream instead of one reasonable one. Not a giant binge but definitely more calories than I needed and my gut was upset afterwards. Did manage half an hour of step-ups later in the day so that at least gives me some more calories out for the day.
Good for you turning round your day a bit at the end with the step ups. The pudding in legs and cotton wool in head doesn't sound nice at all.
Best of luck staying focused today!

Thanks Liza. I was very hungry this morning so I had lunch early - and then my stomach was upset until dinner so not overeating was easy enough. Hopefully tomorrow will be better though.

I hope your tomorrow is a better day, Llama, but well done on what seemed to be quite a good day anyway. Hope your stomach settles xo

Back