Llama

Yes good to do the prep for colonoscopies right the first time! Good you looked it up so you can eliminate the other foods as well. I didn't realize there was a diet to follow beforehand--just heard about the drink the day before to clean things out!

Your days are sounding really nice. Your lovely walks, good gym time, work being ok again. All sounds good!

Your days are sounding really nice, Llama. Doing the extra research for your colonoscopy is smart thinking, which doesn't surprise me. If you have to have it done it's best to make sure it's done right.

Thanks for the kind words, guys :grouphug: I didn't go in with a plan yesterday and while I didn't have anything I technically shouldn't have for my prep diet I still binged badly and that's not helpful either. I think it was the strong restrictions scaring my brain because I just kept stuffing my face while I was already feeling so, so sick. The good news us that I'm still going on a hike this morning and it didn't cause me any anxiety or resistance.

I started back eating celery today because of your post. Forgot that it was such a great snack food!
Glad to hear it! It's just so satisfyingly savory and crunchy.

Thanks for the kind words, guys :grouphug: I didn't go in with a plan yesterday and while I didn't have anything I technically shouldn't have for my prep diet I still binged badly and that's not helpful either. I think it was the strong restrictions scaring my brain because I just kept stuffing my face while I was already feeling so, so sick. The good news us that I'm still going on a hike this morning and it didn't cause me any anxiety or resistance.
I hope you really enjoy your hike, Llama xoxo
It's time I bought celery again. I have always eaten it, but got a bit tired of it over the summer.

It'll be so good when the colonoscopy is over with I'm sure--both to be done with the restrictions and also the anxiety around it.
Wonderful getting out on a hike. Hope it was lovely!

I hope you really enjoy your hike, Llama xoxo

It'll be so good when the colonoscopy is over with I'm sure--both to be done with the restrictions and also the anxiety around it.
Wonderful getting out on a hike. Hope it was lovely!
it was glorious! High humidity and pleasant temperature so the forest was overwhelmingly fragrant. Glad I left early because the weather turned while I was heading back home.

Wasn't as frantic about food as I was yesterday and while I'm sure I still overate it was a lot less. Gym tomorrow!

I honestly couldn't live in a city if there weren't so many trails within easy public transport reach. Nature is life.

Cramping started up big about an hour ago and the flood gates opened half an hour ago. Which is a little inconvenient because I'm at work and my tampon tin has only tiny sizes left... My own fault for forgetting to refill, of course, but bloody annoying nonetheless. I think I should just about be able to get through my shift without spills. I'll just have to be very strict about getting people to leave punctually so I can run to the toilet on time.

Thanks Cate :grouphug: I had a dream in which I switched to an unnamed but moderately creative desk job with fun colleagues and enough mental energy left at the end of the day to go out and do social stuff. So nice! Maybe I should make it a habit to look at job postings? I don't actually expect to find something without drawbacks but knowing what's out there can't hurt...

It felt really good. Nice to remember a positive dream again. Slept really well and am feeling optimistic. Still anxious about the opcoming checkups but it'll be over soon.

Thanks Cate :grouphug: I had a dream in which I switched to an unnamed but moderately creative desk job with fun colleagues and enough mental energy left at the end of the day to go out and do social stuff. So nice! Maybe I should make it a habit to look at job postings? I don't actually expect to find something without drawbacks but knowing what's out there can't hurt...
Oh I love dreams like that--leaves me with such a feeling of optimism always!

It really did. And now that my brain has accpted this week's restrictions that too is making me feel... good? Not in an ED kind of way, but in the sense that it's reminding me I really do have a choice in what I eat. It's all my decision. And I'm craving leafy greens and celery. I also have a mad headache today, but surely that has nothing AT ALL to do with a sudden drop in sugar intake...

I love when it when our bodies tell us what we need & craving leafy greens & celery is a really good thing. I bought some celery on Tuesday. I'll have some today. Celery soup may be on the cards....Hope that headache goes away soon, Llama xo

I sure wish my body would crave something good for me! I think the closest I ever come is wheat toast! Oh grapefruit, I crave grapefruit, lol!

Any medical procedure messes with my mind, in not to sound too dramatic, but a profound way. So I don't think it is any wonder that you have been a bit 'all over the place' with what you have been craving, but it sure seems like you have come full circle back to leafy greens & celery! This too shall be over with soon and hopefully you will learn what is contributing to some of your health issues and find a fix!

And it is never a bad idea to continue to see what is out there job wise, never hurts to look! You either end up feeling grateful for what you have OR realizing there may be greener pastures elsewhere!

Thanks guys :) I really hope the healthy cravings persist until after I wake up. Right now I'm not physically hungry but mentally it feels weird to not have lunch. Having some clear stock for electrolytes and mentally preparing to start on the poop juice 90 minutes from now.

Thank you! Everything went without a hitch and I woke up properly half an hour earlier than they'd expected. Still waited the rest of the time to be sure but now happily on my way home. Very hungry and very much looking forward to veggies I can sink my teeth in.

Back