Llama

"A golden potato crust filled with cheesy leek and creamy beans sounds kind of amazing if you ask me."
You're an inventive & adaptable cook, Llama. Your food always sounds nutritious & delicious. Hope you get a hike in. It sounds like you are well & truly back on track xo

"Had a pretty good day today and didn't reach for chocolate, icecream, or chips. Managed a little more at the gym than I did on Monday and thanks to the long weekend I'll be able to go again on Friday to really affirm that I'm back on track." This sounds fantastic Llama :hurray: And just what we all need to do, get right back on track when we drift back into one of our ingrained 'groove patterns.' Cheesy beans are indeed a delight! Enjoy your new creation and the day off!!

You're an inventive & adaptable cook, Llama. Your food always sounds nutritious & delicious. Hope you get a hike in. It sounds like you are well & truly back on track xo
Thank you! I hope I am: extra days off are marvelous but always a little dangerous for the waistline.
This sounds fantastic Llama :hurray: And just what we all need to do, get right back on track when we drift back into one of our ingrained 'groove patterns.' Cheesy beans are indeed a delight! Enjoy your new creation and the day off!!
Thank you! I'm so looking forward to not doing anything all morning and still having time for a proper hike later 🙈

Earned a point for my fund already by not just getting annoyed about the change in scent of my skincare but writing a message to the company* asking if maybe they'd changed the formula and hadn't changed the label yet (the ingredients on the label are identical to what they were) and then another for figuring out a solution to another "invalid email" message. So I say that's a good start to the day.

I really want to sit on the couch and eat crackers with cheese for breakfast but... if I start that way things won't turn out well. So I'll save the crackers for later and get up to make some soup instead. And have my celery juice. Not seeing any effect so far but I'll stick with it for the full three weeks.

*I'm not generally an annoying customer but allergies and eczema make me very picky about some things.

*I'm not generally an annoying customer but allergies and eczema make me very picky about some things.

I can really relate to that! A few years ago my excema was so bad and i was trying out different products to see what my skin would do ok with. I only chose unscented ones, and was so irritated to find one that claimed unscented was most definitely scented. I don't know why a company would do that because it just made me not trust their labels on anything.

Yay to a long weekend! Hope it's lovely for you!

Thanks Liza!

@liza3 said: I only chose unscented ones, and was so irritated to find one that claimed unscented was most definitely scented.

Back when my eczema was really bad I read up on it and apparently "unscented" means they don't add actual perfumes but the more expensive brands will generally still treat their products in a way that makes them smell... cosmetic. Not going to call it nice because the end product tends to be unpleasant to my specific nose. But yeah: technically it probably wasn't a lie.

I've been quite lazy today but I did cook my meals (including a first test of that quasi-quiche with improvised ingredients) and didn't eat sweets beyond fruit and some apple butter.

"I've been quite lazy today but I did cook my meals (including a first test of that quasi-quiche with improvised ingredients) and didn't eat sweets beyond fruit and some apple butter."
Not lazy, actively giving you mind and body some restorative time. That is hard work! :giggle: Food sounds good too!

Thanks Jenefer, Tru, and Vic!
I was definitely more inactive yesterday than would've necessary for a good rest BUT at least I didn't binge AND I went to the gym this morning anyway even though sitting around so much yesterday made me not want to. So I'm not going to beat myself up over it and will enjoy this wonderful day off instead.

Back when my eczema was really bad I read up on it and apparently "unscented" means they don't add actual perfumes but the more expensive brands will generally still treat their products in a way that makes them smell... cosmetic.

yes that was something like the comment I got back from the company...that's why i ended up avoiding that company altogether in the future as their non-scented ones did smell perfume-y however they got there..but i did find a good company in the end where their products were actually scent-free and helped my excema.

BUT at least I didn't binge AND I went to the gym this morning anyway even though sitting around so much yesterday made me not want to. So I'm not going to beat myself up over it and will enjoy this wonderful day off instead.

Definitely a win getting to the gym and not binging! Enjoy the day off!

Llama said- " BUT at least I didn't binge AND I went to the gym this morning" Beat yourself up? You have nothing to beat yourself up about, you did great!! You deserve to enjoy the day off and I hope that you are!!!

Liza said: Definitely a win getting to the gym and not binging! Enjoy the day off!

Thank you :) I do like being back in the gym. Pushing myself and sweating like a pig make me feel alive, apparently :D

Beat yourself up? You have nothing to beat yourself up about, you did great!! You deserve to enjoy the day off and I hope that you are!!!
Normally I would've beaten myself up for spending the day on the couch. Because I have a tendency to retreat into my own head (and into my apartment) and it can get out of hand. But beating myself up still doesn't help because it just makes me feel worse and less capable of facing the world 🤷‍♀️
Buuut I'm not doing too badly, currently. And as long as I keep doing things and challenging myself at least a little bit that's good enough.

Had a pleasant day but did get anxious and avoidant about cooking food for other people tomorrow. (The things we get worked up about... I don't know why I find it terrifying to have people judge my food.) Turns out I'm the only one who's bringing homemade stuff! On the one hand that means I'm getting compared to professionals but on the other hand it means I'm in a different category so it's less scary. So now I can go to sleep with a lighter heart.

llama said-Pushing myself and sweating like a pig make me feel alive, apparently

Oh yes! Such a great feeling--one I am missing lately without my running!

llama said--Had a pleasant day but did get anxious and avoidant about cooking food for other people tomorrow. (The things we get worked up about... I don't know why I find it terrifying to have people judge my food.) Turns out I'm the only one who's bringing homemade stuff! On the one hand that means I'm getting compared to professionals but on the other hand it means I'm in a different category so it's less scary. So now I can go to sleep with a lighter heart.

I had a job where I had to cook regularly for other people....one would think one would get comfortable with it having to do it regularly, but I never did. Always made me anxious! But your food always sounds amazing. Good for you bringing homemade stuff! Hope you got a great sleep!

Thanks Liza, Tru, Cate, Jenefer, and Vic! Picnic was lovely and my quasi quiche was the first to disappear so I'm happy with my work. Liza, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets anxious about cooking for others. It's not like I normally never cook! My little layered yogurt pots turned out nice as well. Kind of knackered now, probably because it was suddenly a lot warmer and we were outside so long. Think I'll take it easy today.

Jenefer said: I think what is spectacular can be quite subjective!

Very true. I spent most of the morning in a rainy park, enjoying the plants and critters. Literally smelling the roses. Glorious.

Didn't binge today, although I did eat quite a lot. Will probably need a couple of days of eating more than usual before my body adjusts and that's ok. My beetroot soup was surprisingly good!
Plan for tomorrow:
- Early morning gym
- Beetroot soup
- Döner pitas (meat storebought, assembly at home for portion control and added veggies)
- Bean mash wraps.
Congrats on no binge today!

Thanks Cate, Blue, and Tru!
Picnic sounds lovely, Llama & of course, your home-made quiche was the first to go. I bet it was delicious 😋
I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be making it again!
How are the allergies now?
Forgot my antihistamines before going for a walk this morning and it was miserable. The temperature suddenly went up after a longer cool period so all the grasses are suddenly in bloom. Hordes of mosquitoes as well: my hands and legs are covered in bites, which itched like stupid until the ah started to take effect around noon. BUT I'm still glad I went outside. My brain needs the greenery, even if it currently hurts my body.

Like you I need to get outside a bit every day! I really am quite 'hobbit like' the rest of the day! And like you I now have a bunch of itchy bites! That part is a lot less fun! I have to say you sound like an amazing cook, and a healthy one at that! I need to take a page out of your book about that for sure! :)

Forgot my antihistamines before going for a walk this morning and it was miserable.

Unfortunate about the antihistamines, but at least you got out there. Mosquitoes are something to avoid if at all possible here, due to the diseases they carry on top of leaving nasty itchy bites.

Glad you had the walk, Llama. The great outdoors is good for our souls xo
It really is. I didn't want to leave the house but I knew I'd feel bad about missing my prime outside time for the week.
Like you I need to get outside a bit every day! I really am quite 'hobbit like' the rest of the day! And like you I now have a bunch of itchy bites! That part is a lot less fun! I have to say you sound like an amazing cook, and a healthy one at that! I need to take a page out of your book about that for sure! :)
:) Not an amazing cook my any stretch of the term but I am a very picky eater and my body doesn't do well with processed food so I find ways to make things work.
Unfortunate about the antihistamines, but at least you got out there. Mosquitoes are something to avoid if at all possible here, due to the diseases they carry on top of leaving nasty itchy bites.
I must remember to buy bug spray before I go out into the forest again. Thankfully we don't get any diseases from our mosquitoes (yet) but my body is reacting a lot more strongly than it used to. Don't want to reach a point where a bite becomes a medically significant problem.

Celery juice actually tasted pleasant last night :eek: Then this morning I straight up had it as a smoothie and I enjoyed that as well :eek: Maybe progress still exists...

Back