Llama

Thanks Tru :)

The mosquitoes didn't leave me alone even at work today! Legs are super itchy even with ah. Thunderstorms are expected tomorrow; I hope that'll cool them off a bit.

Did very well with food all day but then dropped into the grocery store on my way home from work, "just for avocados", picked up a tray of tiramisu, and ate the lot as soon as I got home :banghead:
Will get sushi for lunch tomorrow just to have something to look forward to I genuinely like and so reduce the risk of binging again.

I had forgotten what Tiramisu was & the photos were enough for me to know that I probably would have done the same. OMG, that looks SO good. I couldn't possibly have that in my house.
Tomorrow is another day. Sushi sounds good xo

I used to dislike the coffee flavor in tiramisu but I guess this brand has very little of it. WAY too good. And totally unsatisfying ate the same time: I think the whole thing was 250 g and I still really wanted to eat afterwards. Probably because it has no fiber and barely any protein.

Sushi place was randomly closed today and my alternative lunch was... not great. I did stick to my social plans, so that's something. Tomorrow's gym day again, followed by a bean salad for breakfast, something as yet to be determined but high in protein for lunch, and bean mash wraps for dinner. For snacks I have Greek yogurt (which turns out to be a nice, creamy sweet treat if I mix in a crushed fizzy vitamin tablet), fruit, and nuts. I do have tongo grocery shopping but I'll make a proper list and stick to it.

There's a strange smell in my apartment and it's making me anxious because I can neither identify it nor pinpoint where it's coming from. Probably in part because I'm quite congested due to allergies. Which is annoying because I need to be asleep.

Thanks Cate. With my nose a little more open I think it's the drain? It's more vague than last night (and it wasn't very pronounced then) and I don't think I need to worry.
Gym was good today! Actually managed to get there bright and early and got a whole workout in instead of just bits and pieces. Had my celery smoothie right after getting back and was actually motivated to do some chores before breakfast. I may not be doing great on food yet but I am getting back on track in general. Have just about enough comfortably-fitting shorts for now but it would be nice to get down to the next size before the real heat hits.

Breakfast was super satisfying (please let the temperatures stay low enough for me to roast veggies for a while!) and I think it's now time to go visit the Naschmarkt: I'm all out of celery :eek:

Nice one on the good visit to the gym! The celery smoothie afterwards sounds so healthy too.

Those mosquitoes sure can get annoying--we don't seem to get that many where I am thankfully!

Thanks Cate. With my nose a little more open I think it's the drain? It's more vague than last night (and it wasn't very pronounced then) and I don't think I need to worry.
Do you use cheap vinegar for cleaning and/or fabric softener, Llama? Putting some down the drain might help.
Gym was good today! Actually managed to get there bright and early and got a whole workout in instead of just bits and pieces. Had my celery smoothie right after getting back and was actually motivated to do some chores before breakfast. I may not be doing great on food yet but I am getting back on track in general. Have just about enough comfortably-fitting shorts for now but it would be nice to get down to the next size before the real heat hits.
Well done :)

Don't be too hard on yourself Llama, it is all a balancing act. You are getting more exercise in, getting out and about seeing friends, and you really do seem to eat a lot of vegetables and lean protein! Sometimes something sweet will call your name, and you just might answer. But you sure did get back on track quickly!!! xo

Thanks all :grouphug: I'm doing quite well on food and exercise but I haven't been able to bring myself to get on the forum. Sorry to leave you worried. I just... don't feel like I have anything useful to add right now. I'm sure I'll be back to sticking my nose in everything soon.

snoopy-hug-in-thoughts-n2t3mfzgwffaqhzm.gif

Thanks for understanding, guys. 2 weeks until my colonoscopy and it's got me nervous. I know these things are routine but I've never been under anesthesia before and I don't like the idea of people poking around in my body while I'm powerless. That's what I signed up for though, and I'm sure it'll be fine. I did get a call yesterday to move my appointment to move my appointment by 3.5 hours and 10 km, which I guess is another reason why it's at the front of my mind right now.

Anyway: still doing well, even though I ate a good bit of the chocolate (~75g a patient brought me yesterday. Thankfully it didn't make me crave more.

Oh sorry to hear you are feeling anxious about the upcoming colonoscopy. I know I would be too. I hope you can keep it out of your mind as much as possible.
Glad to hear you are continuing to do well with food and exercise.

Thanks for understanding, guys. 2 weeks until my colonoscopy and it's got me nervous. I know these things are routine but I've never been under anesthesia before and I don't like the idea of people poking around in my body while I'm powerless. That's what I signed up for though, and I'm sure it'll be fine. I did get a call yesterday to move my appointment to move my appointment by 3.5 hours and 10 km, which I guess is another reason why it's at the front of my mind right now.
It is understandable to be nervous about any medical procedure, Llama, especially if you have never been under anaesthesia before. It is because you take such an active role in looking after your own health that you are having this & you are to be commended for that. I used to take my MIL for hers & she always recovered well. You will need someone to take you home afterwards, but they have probably told you that already. I'm sure you'll be fine. You're fit, healthy & strong xo

Oh sorry to hear you are feeling anxious about the upcoming colonoscopy. I know I would be too. I hope you can keep it out of your mind as much as possible.
Glad to hear you are continuing to do well with food and exercise.
For this week I'll be ok, I think. Next week I'll have to keep reminding myself because I won't be allowed to eat nuts/seeds/anything with pips in. Oh well: I'll be fine. I always feel better about things after a good night's sleep and I slept excellently tonight.
It is understandable to be nervous about any medical procedure, Llama, especially if you have never been under anaesthesia before. It is because you take such an active role in looking after your own health that you are having this & you are to be commended for that. I used to take my MIL for hers & she always recovered well. You will need someone to take you home afterwards, but they have probably told you that already. I'm sure you'll be fine. You're fit, healthy & strong xo
Doctor said I have to stay there to recover for an hour but then I can take the bus home alone. Which, come to think of it, is more complicated in the new location 🤔 But hey: if other people can do it, I can too. And I looked 7 months pregnant again yesterday even though I ate "safe", harmless foods, so motivation is high... Skin's also acting up and I'm not sure why. Maybe I just got a respite for the pandemic and I'm back to bad eczema now? Wouldn't make sense, but who knows 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully it's just because the pollen count has been so high, so long.

On the bright side: Thursday's corpus Christi so I get another 4-day weekend. Sadly it's the last one until August but we get so many I can't really complain.

Still doing groups once a week. Planner said it was only temporarily until we found a new colleague but they've been with us for a month now and don't want to do groups. Had my first go-round with the new group schedule this week (less time between groups) and it went ok.

Just lost half my message so I'm off on my walk now.

Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. yeah sometimes with these nerve-wracking things it's just kind of getting through, and then it's over and we can relax again! Too bad about the eczema --the stress wouldn't be helping that I imagine...
Hope you had a lovely walk.

Back