Liposuction

Status
Not open for further replies.
kath921 said:
Does liposuction hurt? Yes!!! It is NOT just a matter of exercise and diet... I exercise regularly and am actually at the lower end of the weight range for my height... but my 'tummy' will just never go away... to the extent that I am constantly conscious of that area of my body and shy away from certain clothes (any bathing suits, certain dresses, etc) because of it. So, please, unless YOU'VE been there, don't comment on something you know nothing about!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I've always been curious about the procedure. I personally wouldn't go there because I'm afraid of the pain, and my friend has a dent in her butt (from getting the fat sucked out) that is now permanent, but I totally understand what you are saying. You had a specific area that wouldn't budge and wanted to get rid of it. I hope it worked for you. I'm really curious to see how your progress goes with that. Do check back and let us know the results.

AllCdnBoy said:
i totally agree. I think anyone is much better off working off the excess fat because it's easier to keep that off then to maintain a weight after surgery as your body was comfortable at it's old weight and wants to return to that.
And who are you? A doctor? Stop scaring people like that. I think even if the operation is painful, what is more painful is the psychological aspect. Knowing the risks of a liposuction, you can be scared of dying. Being cheated by a diet pill makes you feel stupid for having fallen for that etc. so being afraid is absolutely normal an you can't have a lipo if you're afraid to do so! Just talk to your doctor. He'll know how to comfort you! Otherwise waking up slim is worth the pain I think :D

Whatever makes you happy.

Hello everyone. Liposuction helps some people. I don't think that we should critisize the methods of each other. Sure, I can say that I would rather run to get to my target weight, but that does not mean that I should discourage or make someone else feel bad that they want to get liposuction. Some of the stuff we say could hurt someone's feelings.

I would say do your homework on the procedure and possible doctors. Get pictures of work,check certifications, etc,.

I want a tummy tuck. I had a emergeny vertical c-section. I,m getting that fixed.:) You live once, and you deserve to be happy.

I have had lipo 10 days ago. My stomach, flanks and saddle bags did NOT respond to exercise and that was why I decided to have it done. I am still recovering, but so far am very happy with the results.
I have my story and many pics taken before during the procedure and after posted at (link removed)

I will be continuously updating the diary and pics for those who would like to know about lipo.

Brigitte

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom recently had lipo done on her hips and thighs, because no matter how much she went to the gym (and she went at least 5 times a week) she couldn't get the fat in those areas off.
She said that the recovery did hurt, and it was painful to walk or do anything much about a month after, but now it's fine. Apparently, the doctor said that everyone's reaction is different. He had some patients that were back on their feet and active as ever just a couple of days after the surgery, while some others could take up to 6 months to recover completely.
I myself would rather lose weight by exercising and eating right, but I don't think liposuction is such a bad idea, especially when your body refuses to respond to regular exercising and/or dieting.

I am too afraid of the thought of someone cutting me open to ever go through something like that. I would rather lose weight and slim down the old fashion way.

Hey Carla,
Lipo does not hurt. You are out when they are doing it. I had a tummy tuck with lipo and it does not hurt during. After the TT, it was very painful recovering. I am one year out now. The fat has not returned in those places that was sucked out. I am very glad that I had it done. But I did not realize the pain that recovery would be.

I agree with you absolutely. But you dont want that thing sitting in your lap or you dont want to be carrying it around like another child hanging low in front of you if you can help it. Having good self esteem is a part of health and wellness. Some folk change it, some choose not to.

I have had lipo 10 days ago. My stomach, flanks and saddle bags did NOT respond to exercise and that was why I decided to have it done. I am still recovering, but so far am very happy with the results.
I have my story and many pics taken before during the procedure and after posted at

I will be continuously updating the diary and pics for those who would like to know about lipo.

Brigitte
Cheers for that, you can most definatly see the results on the upper hips/waist area - looks amazing :)

Hi,

I heard liposuction is supposed to be for people who are already at a good weight, and they are active, but they have a few pockets of fat that they cant seem to get rid of. Liposuction actually sucks the fat cells out of your body. When you gain weight, your fat cells do not multiply, they just get bigger. when you lose weight, they shrink. Because liposuction removes the fat cells, if you were to gain weight after the surgery, you would not gain it so much in the area that you had liposuction. you would gain it in other areas.

You are 100% right.

Liposuction is NOT a cure for obesity or an easy way out and anyone who might have that idea would know otherwise once they spoke with their doctor on the matter (if it is a reputable one).

Sometimes no matter how much a person diets and exercises they still retain areas of fat pockets that they can either (a) live with or (b) have liposuctioned out.

Just like people who have lost an obscene amount of weight and as a result are left with folds and folds of excess skin, they can either live with it or, if they are lucky enough to be able to afford it, have it removed.

It's an individual's choice and no one should be made to feel like they sold out by having the procedure. You have to do what makes you feel good about yourself, which is everyone's goal.

Cheers for that, you can most definatly see the results on the upper hips/waist area - looks amazing :)

Thank you - I am very happy with the results so far. Of course because of my age (50) I have to continue exercising and looking after my body as I think I am at the age when going into menopause ones' body puts on weight due to reduction in hormones. Hopefully with watching what I eat and exercising I can try and avoid this happening to me.

i had a tummy tuck and lipo 6 mos ago and i highly disagree with people who say u should not do it i was at a good weight and now i feel ten times more beautiful and comfortable in my new clothes it is very painful but i would do it a million times over the actual pain lasts about 1 -2 weeks but only the first 3-4 days are severe after that it is jst uncomfortable till the skin stretches ot enough to let u stand straight

Don't like lipo, had it done, in my inner thighs many many years ago, and now I have these two balls of loose skin that flap around all the time, it is horrible, the fat came back enormously, so no I don't agree with it, now I want the excess CUT OUT, not sucked out, I think lipo is just a temporary fix.......

Lipo results

I would never use such a measure to try and lose weight, but anyhow...you are taking away something that is part of your body, so there will be a wound, wheather it is visible or not, and this has to heal.

]

Darry I have had liposuction and its not something you do to try and lose weight. Overall I had skinny legs and arms and just my abs were large and exercise did not help. (Middle age spread perhaps) Now I just look like I did 2 yrs ago and of course we are all born with a certain number of fat cells. The fat cells that were lipo'd out of me will not return, but of course there are still fat cells left behind (if not it would look awful) and if I do not eat healthy foods and exercise the fat in those lipo'd areas could get larger again.

Unfortunately no amount of exercise will help one to spot reduce. All that happened to me when I tried to lose my tummy by eating healthy but less and exercising was that my legs got skinnier, my face small and my boobs tiny.

I am extremely happy with my lipo. I have a slight indentation on the side and I am having a revision on the 21st June. Its a small procedure and I will be updating on my blog.

Lets see what my results are like in 1,2,3,4,5 years from now if my weight stays more or less stable.

Will be interesting experiment. At the very least I could not look worse than I did pre lipo. Or can I?

Brigitte

LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just scared to get surgery. It's seems to be too drastic. There are so many risks. How much does this cost?

I'm just scared to get surgery. It's seems to be too drastic. There are so many risks. How much does this cost?

I am a severe asthmatic and have other health problems so I was also absolutely terrified as it was an elective procedure. However not being able to spot reduce fat deposits, I came to the conclusion that I would have to have lipo to get rid of my problem areas. I just could not live with it anymore as my tummy made me feel so uncomfortable as I have been skinny all my life and lived on weight gain powders to try and get fatter and could not take how awful and bloated the tummy fat made me feel. I paid R24,000 (South African Rand) which is about $3000 for upper and lower abdomen, flanks and saddlebags.

Mild Recovery

Jimb12,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced a lot of pain, but I had a great recovery. Following my Vaser Lipo procedure I could instantly see a change in my body’s shape. It has gotten curvy! The incisions were very small. I just felt great! Following my Tuesday procedure, I was back in the office on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back