Liposuction

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Carla,

I would assume that it hurts. I've never had it done. I would never use such a measure to try and lose weight, but anyhow...you are taking away something that is part of your body, so there will be a wound, wheather it is visible or not, and this has to heal. That's just my opinion. I would love to hear from someone that actually had it done.

Hi Carla

I agree with Lisa, I really believe that this would hurt or that there could be some side effects. I would like to know that after you have had liposuction, if the fat comes back. Is this something you have to keep doing. If so I think that this could be rather costly and there must be a more effective way to get rid of the fat and to get rid of cellulite. :D

I watched this segment on MTV where they did various things to a handful of people. For example, one guy didn't have very big calf muscles, no matter what he did, everywhere else looked fine. So they implanted calfs. ewwwwww!!!!!!!!! It was so gross to watch, and painful apparently. One woman had gasterichbypass (excuse the spelling) surgery. She had slow but good results. She said it was hard to get used to the small portions, and getting sick if she even drank too much water. The woman who got lipo said it was soooo painful, but was very happy with the results. I actually looked into it because a friend of ours owns a hospital (not in the US) and that is one of the procedures they do there on an everyday basis. I was about 197 at 5'7 and they wanted me to lose 20 lbs at least, or I was told I would not be completely happy with the results and have to get further surgery to remove the skin. Yes you will gain the weight back if you don't have good eating, and execise habbits. If the procedure is done wrong, you could look deformed if you start to gain the weight back. There are many risks in any surgery. A friend of mine at work did the gastich..... surgery, after countless effort trying to loose weight and only gaining. Her doctor advised her to do this surgery. She looks and feels incredible, but she still has to work very hard to maintain her weightloss. There is no quick fix. If you could get skinny and stay skinny from a bottle or surgery with no exercise everyone would be just that , skinny.

i totally agree. I think anyone is much better off working off the excess fat because it's easier to keep that off then to maintain a weight after surgery as your body was comfortable at it's old weight and wants to return to that.

I think that it is also more rewarding, if you work for something and you will be willing to try much harder to keep it off. I know that this sounds hard, but we just have to face it - it is not easy and it's a continous effort

I think that if you exercise to take off those unwanted pounds then you will feel much better about yourself. But if you have surgery isn't that like cheating yourself.

Exercise might take longer but you will feel better.

yea i have looked into liposuction aswell, i have even gone to see a surgeon about it, he said that i would be a good candidate for it, but to try and lose some of the weight first (which was my plan) but he did say no matter how much weight i lose i would always have extra skin (on my abdomin cus of having 3 children) and the only way to get rid of it is to have a tummy tuck, but if i do lose the weight then i would be happy with that and i wouldnt even bother about the extra skin...

Liposuction isn't a natural process and i dont think that it ever should be such a thing. I think it's just better to lose weight through exercise and dieting. I don't know of anyone who has had it done.. but I'd say it wouldn't be a pretty operation to go through. You're body has to grow back skin and all that and you would have to deal with gross lose skin.. and all that un called for stuff..

yea i agree with the exerciseing and dieting, but because my skin on my tummy has been really streched from the 3 kids it wont ever go back to normal, i will always have that extra bit there cus its been streched the only way i wil get rid of that extra skin is to have it cut off....

well, I just think it's natural to have a tummy, especially after having three children. Anyone that says otherwise should think again.

it all comes down to what u r confortable with. it is natural to have a tummy after having kids, but if it bothers u, then there is really no way around it without surgery ...

Hi, my best friend has this done 2 years ago when she weighed 190 pounds, she had the fat removed from her abdomen, the surgery is pretty much painless due to the drugs and freezing but the recovery process is very long. She had to take a month off of work, basically the surgery works by taking away the fat from the lipo'ed area, fat will never deposit in that area again, its kind of cool to touch her stomach there is no fat on her skin there at all. She said it was a painful recovery but she'd do it again.

Hi,

I heard liposuction is supposed to be for people who are already at a good weight, and they are active, but they have a few pockets of fat that they cant seem to get rid of. Liposuction actually sucks the fat cells out of your body. When you gain weight, your fat cells do not multiply, they just get bigger. when you lose weight, they shrink. Because liposuction removes the fat cells, if you were to gain weight after the surgery, you would not gain it so much in the area that you had liposuction. you would gain it in other areas.

Lipo hurts!!

This procedure is very painfull! I had to care for a friend after she had it done. She was unable to move her torso normally for almost 2 weeks. The scars are still visable today and she had it done over 2 years ago...and oh yeah..she gained back all of the weight she had sucked out.

The procedure does not make you healthy nor will it stop you from eating like poo. So don't take the lazy way out...just eat right and work out!

i would recommen liposuction just for the fact that it is pain full and there is side effects to it i would rather be on a diet and exercise program then have liposuction but if u have ne questions feel free to send me a message

I don't think that lipo is l bad. I worked my way down from 210lbs to 150lbs....but now I am back up to 172lbs....I will have work done once I work my way down to 150lbs again, because of my one problem area my stomach. I changed my eating habits and worked out for many years to be were I am today. I must say it feels good that I worked most of it off myself, but sometime you just need help. By me doing it on my own I know what I need to do to keep it off and I feel great that I worked this hard and kept it up for almost 4 years now. But I still can not show off my stomach or wear low cut shirt and I would like to do that sometime before I die or have kids....What I don't believe in is someone using lipo as their first avenue....I have seen women who weigh well over 300lbs doing lipo and I know the doctor should have told them to go to the gym, before seeing me. They are lazy and will gain it right back, because they lack the discipline to maintain.

Hello all. I had liposuction about 2 years ago. I weighed 140 at the time and now i weigh 118 and i am now wearing a size 5. I am a big chicken and i have to tell you it did not hurt at all. I was surprised. But i also followed all my docs directions. I would do it again in a heart beat. But some of you are right. You do have to maintain your weight afterwards and excercise or it will come back. I hope that has answered some of your questions about it. Good luck :)

Thisis the extent of my vast lipo knowledge- I do know that although you may LOOK better you will NOT be more healthy because the dangerous fat around your organs is still there.

They (who are THEY anyway?) say that the way to good health is to reduce the size of the fat cells, not the amount of them.

I thought that lipo was supposed to shape the body and not be used as a methood of weight loss.

That said, I can't say I disagree with lipo for spot reduction after you have lost weight and toned everythign else up (ie. genetically big body areas that stay big after you have lost weight like J Lo's booty, or that stomach pooch or big hips).

I'd just have a hard time spending thousands to lose 2 pounds of stomach fat.

Yes, it hurts!!!!

Does liposuction hurt? Yes!!! I had mine done today and the doctor and patient reports that I read elsewhere said that it could be controlled with Extra Strength Tylenol. No way!!! I had to take my Tylenol #3 much before I was supposed to by prescription and I'm still having tons of pain whenever I get up. The freezing does NOT last very long and the bandages/compression garments make it very hard to breathe normally. So... think twice when the doctor or someone else who had it in the past say it's minor pain (remember, we forget how bad the pain was when it passes).

Would I not have had it? Well, ask me in a couple of weeks (or months according to some estimates of healing)! But, no, even now when I'm in pain, I'm happy I did it. I think some of the people on this list are very naive or have never had weight problems themselves. It is NOT just a matter of exercise and diet... I exercise regularly and am actually at the lower end of the weight range for my height... but my 'tummy' will just never go away... to the extent that I am constantly conscious of that area of my body and shy away from certain clothes (any bathing suits, certain dresses, etc) because of it. So, please, unless YOU'VE been there, don't comment on something you know nothing about!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back