Lift, Train, Fitness

Tru, you are amazing! I can only dream of doing what you do. I must admit to feeling really disappointed when I was told I shouldn't lift anything heavy again. AGAIN! EVER! By a Cardiologist.....I have always been strong- not in your league, but something I was proud of.......you, however, are AMAZING!

Oh how I wish I lived near you so I could join your gym. Our gym leaves a lot to be desired and there are no coaches for anything there. Well...there are a bunch of douchy guys who try to hand out advice to any girl who walks in the door to the weight room but that's not much help. Good luck planning your competition and raking in the new memberships!!

I spent last night researching powerlifting comps to decide which one I will take my son to for his first full meet, at the moment it is a choice between one in Brisbane (3 hours drive away) or Canberra which is a 3 hour drive then a 2 hour flight). Despite this Bris comp being close and small and being run by the same people who ran my first comp I am leaning towards the Canberra comp but for reasons which have nothing to do with lifting. My mum lives in Canberra and when we spoke on the phone last night, I was told her chemo has stopped working and her cancer markers are increasing again. I have known that from the first diagnosis the cancer was terminal (mum was initially given 3 months about 4 months ago) but she had been responding much better than expected and they were even contemplating surgery, now it is all going down hill.

I am feeling really down today and not looking forward to my own procedure to make sure I am clear of hereditary cancer.

That has got to be a tough cookie to swallow. Sorry you and your Mom are going through this. Big hugs to you Tru.

Done a lot of hill walking today, had washing to do and my washing machine is in the machinery shed down a steep hill about 800m away from the house, even tossed in a couple of hill sprints back up the hill for good measure lol

Received of my PA coaching certificate today

Cooked up a batch of pork crackle to snack on at work tomorrow, the canteen never has any Keto friendly snacks and a bunless burger is not an option when your on duty to run onto the field at a moments notice.

my procedure has been delayed till next Friday afternoon so will get the pleasure of water fasting next week.

Congrats on the PA coaching certificate Tru. Isn't it funny that when our brains are clicked in again we add as much exercise as we can to the incidental things we do. Washing machine 800 metres from your house? Hill sprints? Masochist!

I'm now trying to figure out how I can get my washing machine up a large hill...maybe move it to my neighbors house....
who am I kidding, then I'd never have anything clean to wear.

It was a quiet day working at the football yesterday, evening meal was not ideal but within macro limit - bunless burger, mayo, no sauce.

has been an an early start 4:30 am wake up to get to the markets this morning

On special diet ready for procedure on Friday, eating-wise not much different to my norm (Probably would be hard for those who don't eat a keto diet) for Mon-Wed except for more water, it is 9:30 am and I have already had 2 litres. My last solid meal will be on Wednesday evening untill I come out of sedation on Friday Night.

heading into the gym shortly.

Pretty booooring day today, but will be busy tomorrow,

I have got some pieces of Silky Oak which I will be cutting into Boards which can be secured together as needed for doing board presses at different depths (Used to overcome specific bench press problems)

I will be coaching/spotting for my sons Australian School Benchpress record attempt in the afternoon.

[video=youtube;6zz2SOd0t30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zz2SOd0t30[/video]

My sons 3rd lift this afternoon, I am the one in the white T shirt spotting

72.5 kg, 10kg above current Australian School Benchpress record for under 16s in the under 59 kg weight division. Bodyweight 53.5 kg

I am on the first day of my water fast, so far so good, have to take the first batch of stuff from the hospital at lunchtime, not looking forward to it.

I looked at what my son needs to lift to qualify for international competition this morning, he needs to add another 10kg to his bench to qualify for commonwealth championships or 20 kg to qualify for world championships, both are possible because his bodyweight is only just inside his weight division so he can put on another 6kg of muscle and stay in the same division which should increase his lift to far more than 20 kg above his current lift. Needless to say I am a very proud mum lol.

Back