Jessica Alba! :)

Thanks guys! The thing is i just want to build the muscle because i am really slim just trying to tone up! Was thinking kick boxing and punching with weights would help to build muscles there or just working the obliques? mayb be wrong tho!

Working your obliqes will widen your waistline, if thats what you are looking to do then for sure go for it. I would chose a good well rounded weight program that hits the core especially hard. Punching with weights won't do anything for your core. Are your abs the only area you want to work or are you willing to do a full body program (which would be far better than working the abs in isolation). Nice abs take patience and dedication as well as a good clean diet. It depends on what you are willing to do.

Working your obliqes will widen your waistline, if thats what you are looking to do then for sure go for it. I would chose a good well rounded weight program that hits the core especially hard. Punching with weights won't do anything for your core. Are your abs the only area you want to work or are you willing to do a full body program (which would be far better than working the abs in isolation). Nice abs take patience and dedication as well as a good clean diet. It depends on what you are willing to do.

thanks hun, my abs im ok with. My upper body is just so skinny! Iv got a small waist and from there it just goes straight up, no muscle or fat!! i think i need to work my middle back muscles or the bit just above my waist, might be my lats!? just so i have a better torso, shape to my body! as you can tell i dont know what i am talking about but i will LEARN:) hope you understand the area i am on about. thanks again

Ok so you want a great core program that also hits your upper body. I would start trying to hold a plank for two minutes minimum, crunches with weight, reverse crunches with weight, front squats, pull ups or lat pull downs, lateral raises, arnold presses, dumbell bench press, bent over rows etc. I know its a lot of info but if you want send me a pm and I can hook you up with some links to show you what the exercises are and help you work out a program. If you have any pictures it would be helpful so I can get you going in the right direction. Let me know and I can shoot you my email addie and we can get you started.

Ok so you want a great core program that also hits your upper body. I would start trying to hold a plank for two minutes minimum, crunches with weight, reverse crunches with weight, front squats, pull ups or lat pull downs, lateral raises, arnold presses, dumbell bench press, bent over rows etc. I know its a lot of info but if you want send me a pm and I can hook you up with some links to show you what the exercises are and help you work out a program. If you have any pictures it would be helpful so I can get you going in the right direction. Let me know and I can shoot you my email addie and we can get you started.

Hey jen thank you so much for your help :) Im going to go and look up each execrise now save you all the trouble! Tried to send u a pm but i havent been registered long enough:( Ill see how i get on and let you know how it goes! Thanks again :)

That's sound advice from Jenn.

Keep in mind as you start this that it will probably help to develop certain muscles, but an hourglass shape is also partly genetic. I don't say this to discourage you, but hopefully to prevent you from becoming discouraged. So, while doing certain things may help, remember to keep your expectations realistic, that goes a long way in maintaining momentum and willpower. :)

Offtopic, hahaa, one quote from Family Guy:

Dan LaFontaine: (Picture of Stewie) Ones a baby. (Picture of The Rock) and the others.. Black. I think. At least part Black. Or.. Hispanic, I think, you know possibly there's some Filipino in there yeah possibly some Filipino. I mean if he-if he's Black it's definitely diluted. I mean one of his parents must be white. What the hell is Jessica Alba for that matter? If I were 40 years younger I would plow that till next July.

LO fukin L :)

I believe Maxim magazine voted this chick the second hottest in the world. I think lindsy lohan or however you spell her name was voted the hottest in the world *vomits*

That's sound advice from Jenn.

Keep in mind as you start this that it will probably help to develop certain muscles, but an hourglass shape is also partly genetic. I don't say this to discourage you, but hopefully to prevent you from becoming discouraged. So, while doing certain things may help, remember to keep your expectations realistic, that goes a long way in maintaining momentum and willpower. :)

Excellent post deschain. You want to work with what you have, what type of frame and bone structure you have. Taking those things in to consideration along with where you store fat etc you can tailor your workouts to achieve a beautiful symmetrical body. For some people they have to work a little bit harder than others that are genetically fortunate enough to naturally have that look. That is one of the reasons I asked to see a picture of laulau88, to see what areas she needs to work harder on to achieve that hour glass frame. It won't happen over night and when you do get to where you want to be you have to be willing to work to maintain that look. Work with what you have to be your personal best so that you are happy with yourself. Goals are great as long as you have real expectations and for how dedicated you are willing to be, and how honest you are willing to be with yourself as well.

I am sooo not hotter than her but thanks Flyin...haha. I'm still trying to find all this ab muscle on her and I'm not seeing it. No doubt she is super hot though. I've met her and she seems sweet too, she has some kick ass dogs. We met walking them : ) If we want to talk about hot though, take a look at her boyfriend, sheeeesh!

Advice to the original poster...yes your idea of working your upper body, lats, shoulders, delts and traps will give you a wider top which will give the look of a nice slope into the midsection.

Last edited:
hey jenn could you give me your email addy cos it wont let me pm you and i will send you a photo. Unfortunately its not a very good photo cos i dont have a digital camera at the mo but i suppose you can see the outline of my body! thanks hun

I am sooo not hotter than her but thanks Flyin...haha.
Lol, I wouldn't bet against you having a hotter body than her, remember she's just had a proffesional photo session and computer touch up, yours was just an amatuer pic taken on holiday and there's still not much between you.

HA! call it taste, or prefference, I really don't care. But, you are hotter! AND, I am a male, and i say so!

uh,,, what were talking about again?? whatever it was,,, nice sixpackaroo!

so there!!! hehehehe

FF

hey jenn could you give me your email addy cos it wont let me pm you and i will send you a photo. Unfortunately its not a very good photo cos i dont have a digital camera at the mo but i suppose you can see the outline of my body! thanks hun

Can you recieve pm's?? I am not so sure I want to post my email publicly on the boards. Let me know and if not I will post it for 1 day then have it removed if I can get a mod I trust to take care of that for me.

Do you need a certain # of posts to enable the pm feature? Or did you set up your acct to block pm's?

Back