Jennylee's diary

You are doing great keep it up :D ........Im always nice to my supermarket girl (the may charge me more if im not) ;) lol

Thanks guys, I think I needed that, motivation is starting to dwindle a bit.
Lisa, theres a list of GI ratings .

Yesterday update:
Work lunch:
lowfat plain unsweetend yoghurt with small handful of blueberries
2 slices 9 grain bread with tuna.

Dinner:
Red thai lean beef curry made with
carrots, onions and peas
and yoghurt instead of coconut cream.

Snack:
low fat corn chips
3 crackers with brie
2 small glasses red wine.

Today
Naughty breakfast (again)
6 mealmate crackers = 205 cal
and 1/4 cup nuts (cashews and almonds) = 140 cal

For a lesser amount of calories I could have had a bowl of oats, and a banana and not be hungry like I am now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the GI link...its all about eating and being healthy,...this is a tool which will help be learn to do this for me and my family. Excellent tool.

Yesterday update

15 minutes on exercycle

Pre-work snack:
1 kiwifruit

15minute break: (3pm)
1/2 tub of low fat plain unsweetend yoghurt with blueberries

30 min break: (6pm)
1 peice wholegrain bread with
tuna and gherkin relish
+ the rest of my yoghurt.

Dinner (9pm)
Was too tired to cook so had 1/2 a small turkey breast with cranberry sauce
and 4 glasses of apple cider

I haven't been doing much exercise lately, i'm just too tired from work. Damn xmas.
Xmas eve today, it will all be over soon.

Breakfast: (8am)
bowl of oats with
1/2 cup fatfree milk
about 6 almonds

I start work at 11.30 today, so I'm trying to decide if I should have lunch before I go, or on my break........ I should have it at work.

I finish work at 5pm, then I have to go to the book store to exchange the xmas pressie I got Mr.Jennylee. Gotta race home, and get ready to go to Wanganui [wong-a-nui] (town about an hour away) at 6pm to stay with my parents for the weekend. I'm not going to count calories this weekend, too much alcohol will pass my lips, but I'm going to be more sensible about how much I eat and drink than usual on xmas.

Well, its Tuesday. Xmas is well and truly over, I didn't overeat but man did I drink!
Today, I didn't really get a chance to eat much at all. I had 2 peices of toast with marmite for brekkie, a kiwi fruit at about 2pm, then for dinner I had a frozen dinner of fish pie, and 2 frozen cordon bleu. So tommorrow I'm going to be back on track and looking after myself. I'm incredibly tired and am going to bed!!

Feeling much better than yesterday. (Remembers that shes suppose to drink more water!! Runs to the kitchen.....)
Ok I'm back..

Brekkie:
Some left over chicken casserole with little bit of rice
The rice was a no-no because it usually makes me hungry sooner, but today it didn't

Snack:
Small slice of leg ham that a sneakily stole from the fridge. Mr. Jennylee's work gave us and 8kg leg, we gave most of it away but still have a rather large piece.
Cup of tea with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (grrr) and fat free milk

Lunch:
Large bowl of Lentil soup with tomatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, peas and chilies with a teaspoon of curry powder. I used water instead of stock and no salt. I was going to have it earlier but a visitor arrived and delayed me, which is great.

Its 1.20 now. I thought that I'd hardly eaten anything, but now I look at it, its more than I thought. I'm glad I made the soup, because it will last me quite some time and it's very lowfat and low cals.

Mr.Jennylee is expected home tonight, but it can't be garanteed, he's quite unreliable, so I haven't gotten any meat out for tea. If he does come home, I'll put the soup over vermicelli noodles for a proper meal for him. The soup is very hearty and filling, and he could do with a decent vitamin injection instead of meat and spuds. I'm pretty sure all he's had since friday has been bbq steak and sausages oh and beer.

I start work at 3pm til 6.30 so I should be fine without snacking.

Mizzzzz JL...sounds like you like curries, and spices (so do I)...do you make these soups yourself?...if so care to share your recipes,...keeping the variety going food wise keeps things interesting. I also want to incorporate more lentils and beans into my diet.

Me loves my curries!! I'll put the recipe for the soup in the recipe section for you.

Yesterday didn't go so well. The neighbour had a BBQ and I ate well (1 peice of chicken, 1 mussel and a salad with a little dressing), but I drank myself stupid. :mad: I'm kicking myself for that, but here I am again.

Breakfast:
Bowl of soup
water
a much needed multi vitamin!

Lunch:
2 egg omlet with pepper and chives cooked with a little canola oil
Water

As expected Mr.Jennylee didn't come home last night, and I'm not happy. He'll be home tonight hopefully. My neck is really sore from sleeping funny. I'm working for a bit this afternoon, I better start getting organized.

Yesterday

afterwork:
1 piece of 9-grain bread with marmite

Dinner:
100g steak baked in foil with mushroom soup concentrate
On a small bowl of pasta
bowl of mushroom soup with fatfree milk

Today:
Just crawled out of bed and had
2 slices 9-grain bread with leg ham and cranberry sauce.

I wish I hadn't, I should have had something healthier. I'm still hungry, but I'm going to make myself do something, need to get the house clean. Mr.Jennylee thinks I do nothing because he can bounce out of bed and run around like a lunatic. He got out of bed 2 minutes ago and is out weeding his vege garden.

AAAARGGHH!!

I've gone back to my old eating habits!! New years was so hectic, I have 9 people stay at my house and the festivites went until late afternoon. Slept for 19 hours last night! Didn't get drunk but drank a bit, ate lots of potato chips. This morning I had a piece of chicken, 6 or 7 cocktail sausages, 3-4 handfuls of potato chips and a leg ham sandwich........ BAD BAD BAD!!! :mad:

Time to start again from square one. Planning everything I eat like I did when I started this diary. I pledge not to go over board today and tommorrow I will wake up and have oats for breakfast, yoghurt for a snack, beans for lunch and a healthy dinner (not all at once though!).

Jennylee...don't get discouraged, so you slipped a bit, big deal! Tommorrows a new day! You've done great and you'll keep doing great! and let me get this straight...19 hrs of sleep?? wow, I'm lucky if i get 8! I take it you don't have a newborn, lol! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks newbride, I need the encouragement. Yes 19hours is a lot, but its nothing compared to Mr. Jennylee. Its 9am on the 3rd today and hes been in bed since 2pm on the 1st. I wish he'd get up and make himself useful.
I'm going to go to town today and see what bargins I can find. :p
Breakfast:
bowl of oats with fatfree milk

And we're off to a good start. At least theres no more potato chips in the house anymore! :rolleyes:

Walked into town to buy some new pants (wish I could have bought a smaller size, but its ok they were cheap). Came home and made a big pot of vege and lentil soup.
Lunch:
2 bowls of soup (it was yummy)

Don't feel too guilty about having seconds, I should have waited until just before work though.
Working 3pm-8pm tonight. Its quite a while to go with out food but i'm sure i'll survive. I'll probably have a small sandwich before work to maintain my energy.We were suppose to go to a bbq tonight but work doesn't really permit it. But thats ok, at least I won't be eating bbqed sausages and whatnot.
I'm in such a lazy mood, having Mr. Jennylee home from work always makes me want to do nothing. I better do a quick house clean anyway and put up my new cute kittens calender.

Wish you would of bought a smaller size pants...wow, I don't think I've EVER said that, lol..good for you!!

OMG..You get lazy when your husband is around?? SO DO I!! I wonder why that is?? I can work work work (on the house) as long as he's gone, but if he's here, ZAP, there goes my energy!!

don't you feel guilty about a bowl of soup! Your not going to gain any weight from one bowl!

Those are unusual hours, I'm curious, what do you do for a living??

I'm a checkout chick for a company that just doesn't want to give full time hours to people who really need it.

I think you misunderstood my pants-post. The pants I got fit perfectly, but I wish I could have been able to buy smaller ones. I still haven't lost any weight, its driving me quite nuts.

Yesterday update:
Pre-work snack:
1 piece of 9-grain bread with ham and gherkin relish

Atwork:
1 V can energy drink (bad)
handful of mixed nuts

Dinner:
Didn't go as planned, ended up going to bbq but didn't eat anything until I got home, I had a ham sandwich with cheese.

Drinks:
about 6 beers.

Today
Breakfast:
bowl of rolled oats with lowfat milk.

I had half of my lunch early (11am)
1 bowl of soup

I really want to have a fruit smoothie but I have a sneaking suspision that my yoghurt has gone off. I may have to leave it. It's 12noon now and i'm feeling very peckish. I haven't done much today as mr.Jennylee is still home. He goes back to work tommorrow so i'll feel much more motivated then.
I'm going to try to delay eating for another hour.

Hi jennylee, I have just read somewhere that if you are hungry you should eat something or your body goes into starvation mode and starts to store fat again :eek: ,so if your belly has a grumble you should have a low fat snack :rolleyes: IT SEAMS ITS ALLWAYS TO MUCH OR NOT ENOUGH :confused:

Back