It can only get better from here.......

SpdRcrChk

OK. So I'm here. Let...........us...........begin.

-- How much weight do you want to lose?
I weigh a whopping (to me) 185lbs. My "ideal" weight according to sources is 120. I can look good at a little over my weight....i usually don't look as fat as I truly am. But...let's cut to the chase i would LIKE to be 120. But i'll be happy at 130-135.

-- What is the timeframe for reaching your target weight?
I think 6 months or so would be a good time frame. That's about 10lbs a month..give or take.

-- How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?
I started the atkins diet earlier this week and I started the gym last week. I'm looking to continue these two things for the entire 6 months :::crosses fingers:: I've let myself down so many times before. My heart (emotionally) can't take another let down.

-- Who or what can support you in reaching your goal?
I wish I had someone there ALL the time to push me, encourage me, help me. But I can't afford a personal trainer and every friend I've embarked on a weight loss endeavor with has usually left me stranded. So I guess...this is the place where I'll be looking to for support.

-- How realistic is your goal?
Very realistic. 50-60 lbs isn't much in comparison to the amount of weight that other people have to lose. My time frame might not be AS realistic. I say 6 months but in all honesty, I give myself a year. I wanna be Lara Croft for halloween next year. :)

-- When will you start?
I've already started. I made and printed a daily journal for myself to keep track of my meals, exercise, etc. I cut out pictures of people I want to look like and paste them there for motivation. (Yes it works, for me lol).

I don't *like* to exercise. But I'm starting to. I feel energized after a work out and it really discourages me from eating anything I shouldn't be, because it threatens to throw everything I just did down the drain. Sometimes I curse my genes for making me this way. Sometimes I look in the mirror and almost cry because I've never seen myself this big. More often than not I find myself falling deeper and deeper into depression because I'm just not happy with myself. "You have such a pretty face, if only you would...." I'm sure you know the rest. It p*sses me the hell off because it's easier said than done. If it were that simple, I'd be a size 5 right now. But I"m not. I've been teased and reminded about my weight for as long as I can remember. And I hate myself because of it.

I'm doing an hour of cardio a day now. I've started the Atkins diet as of a few days ago. I"ve let myself down tons of times, only to gain back twice as much as what little i might have lost. It's ok though. I know what it takes now, and that is utter and total dedication. I wanna be Lara Croft (tombraider) by next Halloween. It's been one too many Halloweens where i haven't even wanted to go anywhere (mind you I'm 24 and should be having fun and going out) because I can't wear what I'd like to wear.

I've decided to semi-seclude myself. It seems to be the only thing that will work. Just me and my brain repeating...you can't let yourself down. My friend told me his drill sargeant tells him "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." I'm really going to keep that in mind this time around. I'm keeping alot of things in mind because I'm tired of people using my weight against me. There IS NOTHING ELSE but that, that people can use to hurt me. And when they don't have that anymore, I'm coming out FULL FORCE. I don't like to be vengeful....but I want to show EVERYONE who I really am. And this time, there wont be any extra fat in the way to discourage or prevent me from doing it.

LoL I know I sound pretty bad right now, But i'm FED UP. I'm doing this for me, and no one else really. I want to be able to shop for cute clothes mostly. I love clothes. :) I want to wear a cute baithing suit, and a cute halloween costume. I want to do it ALL now....and say that it's because I did it on my own. So here I go right??

Atkins Diet
60 minutes of cardio 5x a week to start.

Big thumbs up from me, to me. Lets hope I do well this time around. I don't think I could live with myself otherwise. LoL :eek:

Back