Inimitable

Sorry about not posting every session, yesterday was deadlift day but today was back to pressing.
Shoulders still feel a little over worked after the amount of clean & Presses and snatches I've been doing so I changed it up a little today and added soem high rep stuff

Seated OH DB press
4x10@ 110 (combined)

BW Dips
2x10
1x11

Lateral raises
3x10 @ 44lbs (combined)

Cable Chest flys
3x8 @ 132

Cable chest press & chin ups quick sets of 8

I'm sure I did something between the OH presses & Dips but can't think for the life of me what it was

Sorry about not posting every session, yesterday was deadlift day but today was back to pressing.
Shoulders still feel a little over worked after the amount of clean & Presses and snatches I've been doing so I changed it up a little today and added soem high rep stuff

The thing is you're doing it eh? Keeping the log is great way to keep tabs, but as long as you are doing it, skipping a days posting ain't gonna kill ya :D

but don't do it again.......:costumed6: lol......

The thing is you're doing it eh? Keeping the log is great way to keep tabs, but as long as you are doing it, skipping a days posting ain't gonna kill ya :D

but don't do it again.......:costumed6: lol......

I dunno, Chillens little crying session about certain regular members ruining the precious 'group journal' thread which he suggested but then wussed out on has really struck a cord and I promise not to be a better person in future

Last edited:
I dunno, Chillens little crying session about certain regular members ruining the precious 'group journal' thread which he suggested but the wussed out on has really struck a cord and I promise not to be a better person in future

lol...Typhon *is* a perfect name for you......:D

I’m currently at 207lbs

I was 213 on Saturday so that's about 6lbs in 3 weeks, not bad going considering I've been eating far less than I would have liked. The wedding has left me skint for a couple of months so I'm living off peanuts and whatever's on offer in supermarkets for the next couple of weeks

Sorry guys, I'm not a fluffy little chick anymore, I grew into Devil Duck who is hard as nails. Nobody messes with Devil Duck :pain7:

I'm a little torn with training today, should I go for another OH press PB or increase reps at 181.5? I wouldn't want to fail at a higher weight and then be too tired to lift at the lower weight

Defo go for higher weight. :D

I'm gonna attempt 198lbs tonight for 5. 5 Reps is probably way too ambitious but if i get 3 ill be happy as f**k!

Not so many lifts squeezed in today but I’m really pleased with how it went in the end, I almost managed to screw it up again though. My clean and press pb set last Monday was 182lbs (82.5kg) so I was aiming for 187 today (85kg).

Clean and press
2x132
1x154
This is where I screwed up
1x198 (f)

I added 20kg to the bar but forgot to replace the 5kg plates with 2.5’s so I thought I was lifting 187 but really it 198! Damn idiot, that’s the second time this month I’ve done that.
Worst thing is though, I almost made the lift, it got half way up but I couldn’t lock out. The problem was with the clean phase, the bar was round by my nipples so too far down.

1x165
1x187

I did 165 pretty easily so I went for the PB still. I was worried the failure at 198 would have caused a little CNS burnout but it went up easy enough. I might even go for 192.5 next Monday. I’m gonna catch you soon Tom.

2x5@154
2x5@132

Dips
2x11@BW
1x14@BW

Massive improvement here, an extra 5 reps over last week

Military press (behind head)
5x5@ 99 – So hard after the clean & press + dips

BB Bicep curls
5x6@ 99

So that was all, not too much volume in there and I haven’t been hitting the chest as much as usual recently. Although I discovered at the weekend that I can do 40 reps with press ups now which is an improvement for me. I might do some kind of weighted press ups tonight, or maybe sandbag flys

Hitting these PB’s so frequently is really getting me in the mood to lift and eat more

Good work, shame about the 198 fail you'll have it soon. I'm actually nervous now about my OH pressing. Don't wanna let myself down! And can't have you taking over me! :p

Good work, shame about the 198 fail you'll have it soon. I'm actually nervous now about my OH pressing. Don't wanna let myself down! And can't have you taking over me! :p

Haha, I almost had it too.
It was a pain as I usually lift in a little corner but that space was taken so I was lifting in front of loads of people all watching to see if I made the lift. It put a bit of added pressure on! Nobody ever OH presses more than 99lbs in my gym as that's the heaviest pre-made mini barbell (yes, a lot of men 'down south' are soft) so when I use the big one it gets a few stares

Last edited:
A bit annoyed, I’ve just had back to back meetings which started this morning and I’m just about to go out to a very important client meeting which means that not only am I going to miss gym training but also lunch. I’m on 1,200 Kcals and it’s 3pm already! I need to eat about another 2-3,000 today

And it’s raining and I need to walk to the meeting! :(

A bit annoyed, I’ve just had back to back meetings which started this morning and I’m just about to go out to a very important client meeting which means that not only am I going to miss gym training but also lunch. I’m on 1,200 Kcals and it’s 3pm already! I need to eat about another 2-3,000 today

And it’s raining and I need to walk to the meeting! :(

100g of peanuts & a pint of skimmed milk on your way to the meeting.....over 40g protein and over 800kcals!

Back