Hypothyroidism and Major Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenda

I have suffered for years with hypothyroidism and Major Depression. Just recently, I began medication that has helped me feel better.
Before this medication, I hardly moved. I have 2 kids and I reserved any movement for making meals for them or dropping them off/ picking them up from school.
I am not overweight, but I am mostly fat. I have gotten so weak.
For the past 2 weeks, I have been exercising. I do include weights.
I have been tracking by taking pictures. 5 days ago, my arms looked slimmer. Today, 5 days later, my arms look fatter. Could I have gained fat back in that short amount of time or is this more muscle built in 5 days?
My medication may cause weight gain. Do I need to exercise even more? I already exercise almost each day, but should I lengthen exercise time?

No you will not have built muscle in 5 days, especially if you have been in a calorie deficit for fat loss.

fat loss is primarily to do with diet. You cannot exercise away a bad diet.

Without any info to go on, it is near impossible to give you good answers

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/

however as a starting point rather than looking at your arms and estimating, grab a tape measure and take some basic body measurements, make sure to note the position of the tape for next time so your consistent with the measurement locations.

Hi, Kenda & welcome to the forum. Try not to focus so much on individual aspects of your body & concentrate on becoming more healthy & fit. You sound like you are heading that way anyway.

Hello @Kenda
It isn't possible to build a muscles in 5 days, and it isn't possible to get fatter (just from fat) in 5 days.
In 90% it is just water under your skin.
Most medications for depression or psyhical disorders make people retain water in the body. It is totally normal, also you should focus on your menstrual cycle- right before period there is also more water in the body.
I will wait for your response before I will say something more. I want to know your opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back