Hamy Diary....

Hamy1

I am new to this....so please be patient with me. I have been overweight for about 8 yrs. It all started at forty. I quit smoking and got pregnant with my second kid. While pregnant I developed Dm with my pregnancy. Which went away. Shortly after that I got diagnosis with stenosis, DDD, as well as other problems. Had to have several surgeries. The end result I am about 40 to 50 overweight. It really messes with my head. I have tried a few diets and failed. I am afraid of developing diabetes. As I have a family history with women developing it later in life when they had big babies. Which I had with my last child.
My husband just had a 2 attacks about 3 weeks. We are in the process of changing our eating habits and lifestyle. As he is only 50 and the disease runs in his family. His father died at 61 because of this.
For Christmas at my request my husband got me an exercise bike. I am more determined then I have been in the past.
I am hoping by keeping a diary and keeping myself accountable that I will have better success this time. Also having my husband on board helps a lot because we both have to change her eating lifestyle to more healthy or one.

Current weight is 173

Goal weight is 125 to 130

My goals are
get back down to a healthy weight. Be able to be more active
Through my goals I hope to achieve being in less pain.
Not having. Diabetes and not having to take medication for it.
With this diary I'm hoping to find support and motivation from everyone involved.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Welcome Hamy - looking forward to following your progress!

Hi Hamy. Do you have a specific food/exercise plan? Calories/day eaten or burned off, steps walked, amount of carbs, number of snacks, grams of veggies eaten, or someting in that line?

Back