Weight-Loss Group Two Post Here!!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

amomono

Welcome to our lovely thread, Capuccino, Lovdby3angels, and coastergirl4 =)

Let's start off by posting a little about ourselves - our starting weight - our plans for accomplishing this mighty task!!!

I guess I'll go first =)

Name: Katie
Occupation: Full-time grad student (divinity school) and I work half time at a church, half-time as receptionist at a hospital
Family: currently engaged =) but no date set yet!

Starting Weight: 140.5
Plan for food: eat around 1250-1400 cals each day
Plan for water: drink 64 oz water each day
Plan for exercise: lift weights three times a week (most likely tues, thur, sat); either run or bike for half an hour three times a week; on the mornings that I don't run/bike - I promise to walk for half an hour.

What I think will be my stumbling block: I am going home to visit my family/fiancee from Oct 21-26 - I'm worried about eating the wrong foods and not getting the exercise in. so I NEED you girls to kick me in the butt and keep reminding me how important it is.

Last edited:
Good luck to group two! I passed on this two week challenge but wanted to let everyone know that I am cheering everyone on! Good luck ladies and lets see those 5lbs gone!!!

This is exciting! Well, I woke up a little angry because I weigh about 4 lbs. more today, then yesterday TTOM. That is okay though, because when she is gone, I will weigh less. Sooooo.... Here goes my stats......

Name: Debbie
Occupation: Full-time student majoring in Bariatrics and minoring in Food and Nutrition.
Family: I am married; have 2 cats; Zoey and Tilly

Starting Weight: 244.2
Plan For Food: Continue eating between 1200-1400 calories a day. Rotating each day to keep my metabolism going strong.

Water Plans: I always drink atleast 7, 16.9 oz. bottles a day.

Exercise Goals: Weight training three days a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; cardio everyday, no less than 30 minutes, usually turns out to be 45 minutes. I also usually do crunches and counter pushes everyday. Throwing in the trampoline, pilates, and/or Yoga to mix things up a little.

What May be My Stumbling Block: I am having surgery on the 26th, so I will not be able to do any execise after that for a few days, but I do not beleive that will not be a problem. I am determined to get our team to the finish line on top as WINNERS!!!!!!

Katie, when you go home to visit don't you worry. Just eat all the pies and reelax in front of the TV. Oooops, I mean I know it's hard but keep focused and stay active. Your family will be so proud of your success.
(there for a minute I let my competitive nature slip) :eek:

Ok so I'm sooooo ready to go! I only lost 2.8 lbs in the last club and I gained 2 lbs back because I just completely let myself go. I feel horrible about it but I'm ready to be motivated, dedicated and stay that way!!! So I hope you girls are ready to kick some butt because I know I am. Please post as often as you'd like because I know I will!!! :) Good luck and GO GROUP 2!

Name: Amanda
Occupation: Full Time Secretary (it's feast or famine here at my job which is why I'm able to check in here pretty much all the time)
Family: Parents, two brothers, sisters-in-law, two nieces and a nephew...I live on my own though in an apartment lol I have a boyfriend named Greg and we're together all the time except for holidays.

Starting Weight: 187 :eek:
Club Goal Weight: 182
Plan for food: 1500 Calories
Plan for water: drink 64 oz water each day
Plan for exercise: Tae Bo, Dance DVD and Pilates...workout at least 4 times, preferably more)

What I think will be my stumbling block: I go to Cedar Point every Friday night...this week we are staying over and going Saturday too...it's all the amusement park food...I'm going to try and stay away from it but it will be hard. On the bright side, I'll at least get some walking in, that's for sure! Ialso have a birthday party and a bachelorette party to go to. Boy there are going to be some challenges...urge me on girls, I'll need it!

okay, think about the people who work in amusement parks. Now, picture those people touching the food that's going in your mouth. Are you sure your really want to eat that?

Actually I can't say mucha bout the people who work there because Cedar Point is one of the best amusement parks. Very clean and such! But I'll try to tell myself that so I won't eat the food quite so much LOL Anything that works

Whoo hoo! Alright Group two! Let's do this!

Name: Mia
Occupation: Full time college student, majoring in Culinary Arts
Family: Divorced, 4 year old daughter

Starting weight: 214
Club Goal: 209
Diet: 1300 - 1400 calories, Slim Fast Optima for breakfast and lunch, One A Day Weight Smart vitamin.
Water: 64oz. or more
Plan for excercise: Walking and Excercise tape (picking that up today.)

Stumbling block: The weekend is usually the time that I cheat. But I promise that I'm going to do my very best for this challenge. :)

Last edited:
Let's rock and roll! Hey don't go overboard this weekend ok girls? :) I know I"ll be doing my best and thinking of you girls that are counting on me. I won't be around tomorrow so I'll tell you now to get your water and exercise. GO GET EM!

good call! we have homecoming on campus - but i'm going to try to not imbibe in too many parties =) I actually have A TON of homework to do, so i think i'm skipping the game and will stay in and relax. AND exercise =) tonight i'm gonna have some wine and chill out - but that's all...

I am spending the weekend with my sister and a few of my closest friends in the Pocono mountains, tons of beautiful hiking!!! I so cannot wait. I will be getting so much exercise; that I will be afraid to screw it all up by eating too much. I will also be wearing a Camelback on my back, so that means on my hike alone I will consume atleast a gallon of H2O. It has been so long since I have been able to get away, and I am leaving the DH behind since he is going to a paintball tournament. WOO HOO I am so excited!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend ladies, and I will post again on Monday. BE STRONG!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to check in before I head to bed. Today I'm off to a good start and I feel great. I've been peeing all day from the water but I guess that's ok, lol! Heading to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up all of my veggies and stuff and some more Slim Fast. Good luck to everyone here. Group 2 rocks!

well, i had a bit more wine than I planned on last night, but other than that, did okay... i'm also going to the grocery store today - and i will definately be bringing back some healthy food.

I haven't figured out when i'm getting my exercise in yet today - i would go now, but I have some men over working on things at my house and I hate to leave... maybe this afternoon/evening i'll go for a nice long run. The gym isn't an option today b/c of homecoming/football game - way too crowded in that area - although on second thought, it might be the perfect time b/c the gym itself will be empty... hmm...

I may have lucked out guys. I was going to buy my excercise tape yesterday, but a friend of mine said that an old roommate of hers left a Pilates tape and one of those workout balls at her place and it's just sitting there collecting dust. She told me I can have them. Whoo hoo!

that is so cool! =) I almost bought a yoga mat today - but decided to just stick with running and lifting weights for right now... which is what i'm going to go do right now!!! =) fighting the crowds and everything =P

I'm just glad the weekend is almost over. I'm so busy during the week that I don't have time to cheat and eat something bad. I was pretty good this weekend, except the 3am trip to White Castles after a night of partying. I had 3 belly bombers and a diet soda so I guess I wasn't too bad. At least they steam their burgers right? lol!

ewww white castle! =) bleh - yeah, I am not a huge fan... but i do understand the charm of it after a night of partying...

however, don't forget all of those drinks count up too! that is my biggest weakness - I love to go out with friends and have plenty of opportunities, but I really have had to cut back and drink in moderation - it's better for me overall, but especially better diet wise. I "TRY" to limit myself to two beers, which is about 200-250 calories, but sometimes, i'm tempted by more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back