Weight-Loss Group 4

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh. I'm sorry! Having a cold is no fun at all. Even if you go a little over your calories, try drinking a bunch of tea. (I love tea, I guess if you don't, it wouldn't work so well...) It helps your throat and sinuses as well as boosting your metabolism.

I hope you feel better! How awful!

I'm still doing pretty well--I'm kind of in the same boat. I lost a bunch of weight last week and am having a slower time of it this week. It'll all come off, it's just taking longer than I want. Doesn't it always? LOL. Hope you all are having a good week!

Thanks, Rialyynn!

Yes, I'm drinking lots of tea!

Thanks for kind words!

Get Better!!

NothinToLose- I hope you feel better soon!! It always sucks getting sick. Make sure you take a lot of vitamin C also to help your immune system. It still sounds like you are doing well losing weight though so thats a plus!! Way to go!! You'll get better soon enough!! :)

I hope everyone else is doing great!! Anyone hear from Cate?

Well back to work for me.....I'll write again later this evening!!

Take care and get better NothinToLose!!!

hey everyone. seems i can access this through work but better make it quick. past couple days have been good. nothin to lose- i hear ya as i've been battling the cold/cough thing for a couple weeks now. hope you feel better. i've stayed within 1100-1250 calories, havent lost anythign but am exercising and yes, doign the right things so what else can i ask for? maye i'll get 'lucky' like ryallyn said and i'll lose 3 lbs overnight!! that would be fabulous!! hanging tight here...
s

Hi, all,

Thank you very much for kind words. I'm feeling overall better, but still have little sore throat. Skyler, sorry to hear about your battling cough/cold!

I still have cravings for all kinds of bad stuff, but resisted them so far. I was at 1200 yesterday, but no exercise. I will try doing stairs again today at work. The scale did not move in the last 7 days, actually it moved up a little, and I feel bloated like a baloon. I hope it is all water weight that's preventing me from seeing any progress.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat with not seeing results on the scale for a while. But, we KNOW that we are doing all the right things - eating 1200 calories, exercising, so the scale WILL move down, it is just all a matter of time. We just need to be patient and keep going at it!

I have not heard from Cate either. It has been a while since she posted here. Are you guys up to voting her off the group?

Do you guys ever get this empty, dissatisfied feeling even though you just ate? I had my usual oatmeal this morning, and my stomack was full, but I received absolutely no satisfaction from it. Its like I was still hungry in my mind, but I could not eat anything. How do you deal with that "mental" hunger? I seem to be craving "dense" foods full of calories - cheese, meat and fat. Like McD's double cheeseburger would be really good right now. You know, if it was not for this challenge, I would have already had several "off the diet" days, but I'm keeping strong for you guys! I just hope the scale will reward me for it later.

I have salad for lunch. I have a feeling that won't satisfy me either. Any thoughts on how to deal with that "feel good" craving, and still stay under 1200 calories? :)

BTW, I'm trying to drink more water today and less tea to keep the calories from tea down, and hopefully get my system to release all that retained water. Want to see the scale move down!

Is there anything you really like that's low in calories? When I feel like that, I usually make something like fajitas for dinner, because they're good for you, low in calories, and also my favorite food. ;-) Or I have a cup of hot chocolate or glass of wine at night--stuff that I really like that's low calorie but is really mentally satisfying. This works for me sometimes. Obviously not always, or I suppose I wouldn't be as heavy as I've let myself get....

I think the main problem that I have, and it sounds like you do to, is eating for emotional satisfaction instead of for fulfilling hunger. I really liked Dr. Phil's book about it--I don't like his diet plan overall, but he has some really good ideas about developing healthy food attitudes. So I don't know. I'm with you though--I deifnitely would have had several cheat days so far if it hadn't been for this. So support is definitely good for something!

Good luck! I hope you're feeling better and that your sore throat goes away!
-Molly

Thanks, Rialyynn!

Yes, you have some good ideas there. What I did is save a lot of my calories for the evening meal, and then we cooked meatloaf. It definitely helped to satisfy my cravings, and I came in with just about 1200 calories for the day. I love meatloaf, although it is slightly high on calories, it does not derail me from the diet if I don't overeat other stuff during the day. So I got my dense food fix!

You are right, I'm emotional eater as well. In a way food is a drug because everytime you eat you get that "feel good" feeling, especially if it is sugar and fat. So its natural to reach for food when being slightly depressed or sad or just in a need of "pick me up". In the past I've also used food as a "wake me up" when I was sleepy, although not anymore.

As to the good news... The scale finally budged, but not in a way I was expecting: I lost percent fat, but not so much the pounds. I hope it is not a fluke of some sort, so I'm not celebrating yet, but it would be nice! I have to make myself drink water today, still pretty bloated...

Sorry for the ramblings. Hope everyone has a great day!

hey yall! Well, my scale isn't budging but as you said - we KNOW we are doing the right things & I have not cheated at all, so it is about patience. BLAH! I hate (as i'm sure you all do) when it is out of your control. As for the 'dense food fix', you actually did exactly what i do - through the idea of mini healthy meals out the window but stay within the 1200-1300 calorie range. this helps. it makes me feel like i made a compromise with myself. same as if i use up calories on wine. it is a mental thing but as long as i account for it, it will make me feel better on those 'not so good', ' i dont want oatmeal and salad days'.

some good low fat treats - kashi granola bars are really filling, almonds, fruit (if you can stand it), jello/fatfree,sugarfree pudding, celery & peanut butter (if you can control not eating the entire jar!), my latest favorite, bc i really do love veggies is buying a bunch of carrots, celery, broccoli, etc and fat free sour cream (or the 1% sour cream is actually MUCH better and not much worse for you) and the Knorrs vegetable packet and make dip. It makes a giant bowl of dip (to snack on) and cut up all the veggies so they are available and ready. hummus works here too. not sure if those are anythign you like, but i've found to change up what you are eating with still healthy options is a way to control those french frie cravings b/c you are not limiting yourself to only tuna/salad/oatmeal,etc & then it gets boring and you want as an emotional eater (as i am as well) to satisfy a craving for pizza! on those days, i truly DO save my calories and eat some thin crust pizza but allocate for all of it in my fitday journal regardless.. Then just get back on schedule the next day. sounds like you guys are doing great.
nothintolose- celebrate the %body fat loss - that is GREAT & i think more reliable than the regular scale. i think i need one of those ;).
have great days!!!
s

Hi all!

Hey everyone!
Some great ideas on snacks skyler, I'll have to use some of those!! I think we also need to vote off cate since we will get a 0 for her and it looks like she isn't participating.
So this morning my work threw me a going away breakfast brunch. My last day of work in on Monday and then I will be starting a new job (which I am very excited about). I tried to behave this morning and stick to the more healthy stuff and stay away from things like the donuts and muffins.
I have stuck with the workout routine this week and I have finally noticed a difference on the scale both in my weight and body fat %. Finally, because a friend at work has dropped about 11 pounds since Christmas and I was getting frustrated with the numbers. Then I thought about it and I'm glad I have you guys because like you said we are doing the right things and the weight will eventually come off we just need to be patient. Well one more day you guys....we'll have to keep in touch so we can still motivate each other to lose our weight!!

good morning. one more day? i thought this was until tuesday? am i wrong. regardless, sounds like everyone is being very motivated and it is great to hear. we can do it!! :) yesterday was a good day for me. i had pilates where my muscles are currently BURNING from hard work but it was a stressful day at work and much needed exercise. Calories came in right at 1200. (even managed a glass of wine in there) Yes, we should all stay in touch after the challenge for sure! Have a great day....
S

Way to go, CDN! Sounds like you are getting great results! And resisting all that yummy breakfast stuff...

Skyler... Thank you for all the great snack ideas! I LOVE granola bars, but it seems to be a downfall for me, I cannot stick to eating only one, LOL! Some pizzas are only about 300 cal/slice, the trick is to stick with only 1 slice! I also sometimes have French Bread pizza from Healthy Choice (frozen). Its about 350 cals, but is a very filling meal. It does not taste quite like real pizza, but it does get close!

Hang in there! I'm in the same boat - holding my breath for the scale to move down every morning, and it is being very stubborn! But, we cannot worry over it - have to keep going and doing what we're doing.

It sounds like you are doing great! You inspired me to rent Pilates video and see what its all about. Any recommendations?

Cate - its good to hear from you. We were almost about to vote you off our group. I'm glad you're still with us though! Congratulations on weight loss! Please post back more often, even if it is a short line, so that we know that you're still with us!

My average calorie deficit according to Fitday was 500 for last week and this week, so I SHOULD be loosing 1 lb/week, but I have not seen any change in 9 days. At least the percentage fat went down, but unfortunately, this challenge is not judged by percentages! :)
When I bought this scale, the saleman said that the fat percentage it shows may not be very reliable in absolute value, but it is fairly reliable in showing the change.

I think 17th, Tuesday is the last day of the challenge. I don't know though if we are supposed to weigh in on 16th or 17th to report our weight. I'll ask NewBride about it.

Everyone, have a great day!

Ok, I did well yesterday - about 1100 calories. But, I made a huge mistake today, I grabbed a bigger lunch then I should have! Now I can only have 300 calories for dinner and no snacking. However, the big lunch was really satisfying and filling, so I should not be hungry anytime soon! :)

Just thought I'd drop you a line! I've been having problems with my work internet connection--so I'm here! And I'll post more later! ;-)

Hi, Rialyynn,

Thanks for checking in! Hope you're doing ok.

Well, somehow I managed to stay under 1200 yesterday despite big lunch and a piece of pizza for dinner. I was able to keep it down to 1 slice of medium pizza, and I LOVE pizza, so whoo-hoo! good for me. :D LOL.

This morning we were out of all the good breakfast foods, so I ended up having 2 cookies for breakfast. Yeah, I know its bad, but they were 200 cals total, so its ok. We have salad for lunch and dinner, so I'll be eating pretty healthy for the rest of the day.

Well, my scale finally budged in downward motion(yeah!), but its only half a pound. I really hope I get another half a pound off before this challenge is over. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. ;)

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day, everyone!

I'm here! I kind of fell of the wagon a bit last night. We had friends over, and I had a couple beers. But--I worked out, and didn't go nuts on calories, so I don't feel too bad.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Good morning everyone!

Only 1 more full day left for the challenge. I drank a lot of water in the previous three days and I just dropped a lot of water weight this morning. Unfortunately, I know its all water b/c my fat % went up. I'll keep drinking a lot today and tomorrow, but I'm afraid that my body will just soak all the water back up and my weight on 17th is going to be higher then it was before the water weight loss. I really hate all that water weight fluctuations!

I did well on calories yesterday, around 900. I slacked on exercise a bit but I cleaned house for about 2 hrs, so I count it as being active. :)

Well, ladies, lets make one more push for eating right and exercising to burn those calories!

havin' a good day. enjoying watching football and eating veggies. veggies and lowfat dip - it helps not eat those potato chips! just got off the elliptical so didn't have to go to the gym. calories at about 900 so far but yesterday i was about 1400 so i'm thinking an average will work okay for the two days. weekly weigh in is tuesday so hoping for a budge!!
s

Checking in

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. I was away all weekend for a family function so not as much exercising as I would have liked but I still got a lot of activity in and ate pretty well. When are we to weigh in? Is it tomorrow?

How is everyone else doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back