Weight-Loss Group 4

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

NothinToLose

Welcome to the challenge!

Ok, today my weight is 143. I'm doing the 1200 calorie diet, meaning I eat anything I want if that does not exceed 1200 cal/day. My exercise is pretty skimpy right now, due to lingering health problems, but I'm working on improving that. I will be shooting for 20 to 30 min of physical activity/day: 10 to 20 min of strength exercises, and 10 min aerobic (climbing stairs at work).

I weigh myself everyday, but will not post the weight until the challenge is over. I think those are the rules, right?

Let's do it!

Hi, signing in for the challenge at 181lbs hoping to lose 7lbs as soon as possible, just to start with, main goal being 154lbs. Good luck fellow team mates!!:)

hey teammates!! sorry for the delay - just got home to the computer. starting weight today is 143. i hope to get to 140 in two weeks but we'll see what happens. i m on a similar plan to nothintolose, using fitday to make sure i eat 1200-1400 calories and exercising (cardio & weight training) regularly. let's kick some butt!!
s

hey,
so i was reading the other groups and i saw some were doing a little bio thing. not sure if yall want to do that but maybe a small history of where you've been and where you are trying to get with the weight loss and the forum? i'll start and if anybody is interested, i think we can help progress ea. other along if we know the history and the way all our bodies work (as we know we are all different).

i hit a plateau - a serious one - 8 months while i was exercisign regularly and eating healthy. i have a desk job which doesn't help but im not here to make up excuses. anyway, i kept changing different things over the 8 months - food, exercises, schedules and nada lost..very frusting - you can imagine. i joined this forum, am conscious of every little calorie and calories burned and am busting through that plateau! whoo!! finally. i have 18 lbs to lose to get back to where i want to be. i am what they call a SLOW loser but hopefully these next two weeks will surprise me and you so we can WIN!

good luck, s

Skyler, that's funny, we are starting at the same weight! If I go down to 140 in two weeks, I would be VERY VERY happy!

My history is this: In my adult life I've always fluctuated between 135 and 150. I've always been plump at 5'2" but at 135 was still moderately fit. I've tried to go on many diets and/or exercise plans, but nothing ever worked, untill 2 years ago I started counting calories and keeping myself around 1200 and spending weekends doing a lot of physical activity. Without really hoping or planning I lost 7 lbs and reached 133 in 6 month! Unfortunately things happened and I stopped counting calories, and I started eating a lot of sugary snacks and really stopped paying attention to my weight, and in a year I gained 15 lbs! This summer I was 152. I made some substitutions in my diet (oatmeal for breakfast, and mini-bagel instead of chocolate bar for snack) and got down to 145 by mid December, when I decided to go back on 1200 calorie plan and loose the rest of the weight. From this forum I learned about fitday.com and started tracking my calories with this program 2 weeks ago.

I am dealing right now with recovering from an 8 month long illness, so starting exercising very slowly, but I am up to 60 crunches per day and do 20 squats. Today I dragged out my exercise bike to the living room and started aerobic with 10 min. Could not reach my target heart rate, but got pretty close, and I was not exhausted or dizzy, so that's a great plus! I'm hoping to be slowly increasing the length and intensity as I go along.

As for my weight goals, my first big real weigh goal is to reach 135. I am kind of scared of thinking of getting to 125 and below, because I've never really been there except as a teenager, but we'll see. When I get down to 135, and if I can still keep going, then I'll think of a lower goal. Ideally I'd love to see myself in 120's but I don't know yet if this is something realistic for me.

I can gain weight very fast, but I loose it very slow. That's why when I'm actually TRYING to loose weight, it is very frustrating because I do not see any changes over days or even weeks - I see them over months.

Ok, that's about it. I'm excited about the challenge. I don't know how much I'll manage to loose, but I'm going to stick with my diet and exercise plans, and hopefully increase on exercise!

Good luck everyone and let me know if I can help!

2nd day of the challenge

Ok, its 2nd day and I'm doing good on exercise today... Did 15 min of toning exercises this morning. If I do stairs and then bike later, I can reach 30 min of exercise, which would be really great!

Yesterday my calorie count was 1184 (I was even able to get a small piece of Xmas chocolate in there - Yummm).

Looking forward to another good day!

I'm up for the bio thing... ;-)
I'm 5'6'', and weighed about 160 in high school, and looked fabulous--a size 8/10. So, now I've had two babies, and haven't ever worked really hard at losing the excess weight, and I'm up to around 200 pounds. I still don't feel hugely fat, and wear a size 14/16, but it's very definitely a lot larger than I want to be.... ;-)

My big weakness is chocolate. So, now that the holidays are over, I should be okay. LOL! It's so awful--I'm a lecturer at a University, and everyone does the candy, cookies, cake, party thing for a whole month. ARRRGH!

But I'm looking forward to this, and think it will be a lot of fun!

Rialyynn, I also love chocolate and desserts. That's why I love doing 1200 calorie diet - If I ate good during the day, I can have a piece of chocolate or two, and I don't feel deprived! Some people can easily just reject a certain food, but I cannot do that, I love all the foods too much! With my plan, I can have all the foods I love, just in smaller amounts, which is ok with me!

Rialyynn - are you following any diet/exercise plan? What changes are you introducing in your life? I'm just curious how you're choosing to go about this. If you want any help/suggestions let us know.

LOL! Yeah... I am doing both excercise and a diet plan. I work out at the YMCA in the afternoons during my older son's preschool, and I use fitday.com to track calories and nutrients, and try to stay under 1500 daily, with about 40% carbs, and 30% each protein and fat. I have a bunch of personal nutrient "goals" on there that I try to meet too, which is pretty easy, because I love vegetables nearly as much as I do chocolate. It has always seemed to me like I can't lose weight when I go much below or above that number. ;-) I know exactly where you're coming from with the *budgeting* of calories for chocolate and things.

Sounds awesome! You have a very good plan, you should be loosing easily.
Good job on the nutrient breakdown!

The nutrient thing is a bit hard for me. I also use fitday and after adding all the stuff together it showed me that I eat very little protein - like 15% per day, and I'm not even a vegetarian! So, I'm trying to change my diet to add more proteins. But I'm taking it one step at a time. ;)

All the best, and talk to you soon!

Hi guys...got a new member wanting to join...cdnshehulk, i believe...anyways, are you wanting to take her in?

the more the merrier is right! sorry i have been MIA. been having some issues at home. my husband got fired. yup. great. anyways,these days have been tough. haven't slept much but i am still focusing on this challenge. ihavent exercised in 2 days and i feel yucky but i have pilates tonight so that is great. my calorie intake has been VERY low due to stress so i need to fix that. my body doesnt like it when i dont eat enough!! regardless, i am still IN and still working on this challenge so i'm sorry if i dont write in as frequently as expected...hope everyone is well...s

Skyler, sorry to hear about problems in your family! This can be very stressful and emotional time, that's for sure. My husband was in similar situation few months ago. Luckily he was able to find a new job quickly. I hope the same for your husband. But, despite the turmoil, don't fall off the wagon, keep looking after yourself and make sure you are getting enough nutrition and rest. It may help to do something relaxing that you two may both enjoy, to destress, distract yourselves from the negatives and recharge your both batteries to prepare for changes ahead.

As for me, I did pretty good yesterday: I had only 931 calories! Normally I would not go that low, because I don't believe in starving myself, but this was all due to low-calorie dinner. I had fish(tilapia) and mixed vegetables, which were both very filling, and my whole dinner was around 350 cals!

Bad thing is that I completely forgot to get on the bike, but I still had 25 min of activity, which was good.

Well, ladies, let us start the day 3 of the challenge! Good day and good luck!

Hi everyone! Wow Skyler--what an awful surprise. DH got laid off one year 2 weeks before Christmas. What a horrible time of year for employers to do things like that. I had a pretty good day yesterday--I didn't get a lot of "official" exercise done, but I chased the kids around the park for an hour, which counts as exercise in my book. LOL! I also did good on calories, and then watched The Biggest Loser special. I want an elliptical in my living room. Of course, I only live about a mile from my gym, but still!

Have a great day, everyone, and good luck to you and your family, Skyler!

Cate, we miss you!

I meant to watch Biggest Looser special, but ended up watching movie instead. I have not seen the show at all, and now I'm kind of curious.

BTW, Cate, how are you doing? We have not heard much from you, hope everything is well!

Rialyynn, chasing kids totally counts as an exercise! :)

Hi everyone!!

Hey you guys!!

Thanks for letting me join your team!! I'm so excited about doing this. So a bit about me... My name is Shannon, 24, and I live in Ontario Canada. I just got married on Nov. 19th. I find it really tough to lose weight especially since my husband competes in strongman events so he actually wants to gain weight where as I want to lose it. HAHA. He agreed to drop some weight also (he's 300lbs) so we are both doing the biggest loser diet. Ilove the show and inspired me to lose some of this extra weight I am carrying. So I started on Tues. and so far so good. Hopefully I'll be quick in knocking off these pounds. So how does this work? do we weight in everyday or what?

Starting weight 172
Height 5'7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back