Weight-Loss Group 4...We Rock!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korrie

Ok ladies, we must TOTALLY dedicate ourselves to the next 14 days! I know we can do it! Make sure everyone writes what we eat on our diaries, it helps keep us accountable. Also, just a reminder, new rule, if we dont hear from you in 5 dys, you can be voted out, so keep that in mind :)

Good luck everyone! Lets seriously kick some butt!

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I am not in this next challenge so know that I am cheering everyone of you on. You can do it!!!!

Good luck!!

woohoo lets get the pahtee stahted!! ladies, you forgot to post you starting weights! me, 132. ready, set, go!!! :D

our group in case yall need reminders: :)

Group Four - Goal 25 lbs
newbride02
wonderwoman
jenjen
missr3
missjellybelly

ps. do i HAVE to write down what i'm eating? cuz i know your all gonna say its not enough! remember i said i would STARVE if i had to to get our team as far as possible?

Last edited:
hey i just realized something. since i just started my monthly yesterday, chances are my starting weight isnt REALLY my starting weight its just water, right? and when i lose these 5 pounds, i'll only be 2 pounds from my final GOAL weight! ok, i'm off to the tanning salon and then gotta pick up kids from preschool so i will bbl!

hey all - goood luck..... im currently at 190.... im aiming to lose more then 5lbs in 2 weeks!!!!

Ok, I'm at 189 right now.

WW...don't forget if you don't eat enough, your body won't burn much either! Just don't worry about it, we will rock! Also, as far as I go, my tom has never really effected my weight...go ahead and just use your current weight, I mean its your choice, but thats what I would do

Hi Group 4!!
MissJellyBelly weighing in at 179 today.
I'm so excited! I hope to lose more than 5lbs in two weeks. Let's go team! I want to win! I'm working out really hard this weekend. Whoo hoo!

newbride02 said:
Ok, I'm at 189 right now.

WW...don't forget if you don't eat enough, your body won't burn much either! Just don't worry about it, we will rock! Also, as far as I go, my tom has never really effected my weight...go ahead and just use your current weight, I mean its your choice, but thats what I would do

oh yeah, i used my current weight which is 132. but im just sayin that maybe in 2 days i WONT really be 132 cuz maybe i'm just retaining water? (hoping i'm really less lol) i'm on atkins btw and have to stay at 20 g of carbs or less.

B - mozzarella string cheese

S - tsp. cottage cheese

L - 2 hardboiled eggs plus tuna pouch

S - tsp. cottage cheese.

dinner - small pita with 2 slices of turkey breast and 2 slices of american cheese.

plus 2 cups of coffee, 70 oz of water and 2 cups of diet green tea.

will probably have a snack later but dont know what yet!

I'm so excited about this! We are going to totally blow the other guys away!

Stay strong this weekend ladies! 14 dys will go by fast!

hey all happy saturday! how you all doin?

as for me, i got some of my blood test results which make me a little nervous. i'm thinking i better get of this atkins diet asap. for one thing, i had a fasting blood sugar done and it was borderline high which the doc says could mean pre diabetes. i have to have it checked again in a couple months.
i looked up some stuff on the web and this is what i found, jellybelly will probably be interested:

http://www.diabetes.org/type-1-diabetes/hyperglycemia.jsp

also, my cholesterol is too high (over 200) so it doesnt make sense for me to stuff my face with even more? :confused:

Hi WW,

Glad to hear you got your results back, at least you know where you stand. Sounds like you need to go on a low cholesterol & low sugar diet asap. Did the doc give you any advice on what to do? Thanks for the link on hypoglycemia. I actually read up on that about 5 years ago, because I thought I had it. I came across a book on it by accident years before I started Atkins. I was downing way to much sugar at the time. In fact, it's the reason I did start Atkins, to get my sugar under control, to "tame" my hyperinsulinism. It worked for me. I know it's helped a great deal because on Atkins I've never felt better, but it's not for everybody. I don't have any of the symptoms of diabetes anymore, since I've got my sugar consumption under control. At least you just started Atkins, so you know that can get out without making your condition any worse. I don't believe Atkins is suppose to be low fat. I know that high cholesterol doesn't happen over night, do you know if your family has high cholesterol or do you think it was from your diet over the years? I know the body makes its own cholesterol, which is scarey for me. A few of my skinny cousins have high cholesterol. At any rate, I'm sure you can turn that around once you find out what you need to do. If I come across any information on high cholesterol, I'll pass it along.

Now for some cheerleading. Go group 4! We do Rock! I'm going to work out really hard for ya and myself today and follow my diet. Do great this weekend, I'm rooting for ya!

my cholesterol was just 165 last year! so between last year and this year is when it skyrocketed :confused: it has to be something i'm doing for it to jump from that to over 200 this year. i dont know my family history.

but what i dont get is, how can my sugar be so high while i'm in a state of ketosis? it had been OVER 12 hours since my last meal.

this whole thing is so confusing. i dont know what to eat anymore. :(

well tonight i'm going to the movies to see "in her shoes". i dont even wanna go cuz im depressed.

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles WW :(

I never understood the whole atkins diet thing. I mean people in the 30's -70's or even 80's were eating breads, and milk and such, and they were alot less overweight than we are, as a whole. I REALLY believe its not what we eat at all....its how much we eat that the problem.

hey all.. im still ready to lose my 5lbs although im fighting a nasty flu or fever, whatever it is... lets jus say its NASTY

Boy MrR....sorry to hear that! Everyone's getting it this time of year! I hope you get to feeling better!

Has anyone heard from JenJen??? She hasn't posted since 10/12....its been over a week now...I wonder whats up?

Last edited:
Hi Group 4! MissJelly checking in on Sunday to say I worked out really hard yesterday for myself and the team and I followed my diet to the T. My muscles are very sore, but that's a good thing. Sounds like our team is hurting a little right now with 2 members not up to par, but we can still do it!!

WW- Having high sugar in the blood without eating much sugar doesn't make much sense to me either. That's some strange stuff. I guess you'd need a medical degree to know why that is. I hope you find something that works for you. Sounds both scarey and frustrating.

NewBride- I totally agree with your comment about how much we are eating, versus what we are eating. There are intersesting statistics on how americans got fatter when they started introducing low fat foods. Also, when I was in Europe, I noticed people were downing fatty foods right and left, but they were all so thin! The only thing I could really tell that stood out was that they walk and ride bikes everywhere. So they are actually burning all those extra calories.

MissR3- Sorry to hear you have the flu! I hate to play dirty, but that could work in our favor if it's the kind of flu that makes you lose your appetite, hehe. I do hope you feel better soon! I'm so miserable when I'm sick. One thing that really helps me is taking lots of Vitamin C when I'm down, like 2,000mg a day. It usually shortens the duration of my cold or flu by at least a week. I was skeptical when a friend told me about this, but after I tried it, I'm convinced because it's worked every time. Good luck with that honey, I hope you aren't down too long.

Now for some cheerleading! Let's go group 4!! We can do it. Only 2 1/2lbs this week to lose. I wont let you down! I'm all over it. hehe I'll check in later.

MissR3 said:
hey all.. im still ready to lose my 5lbs although im fighting a nasty flu or fever, whatever it is... lets jus say its NASTY

oh no! well i hope your feeling soon. but like missjb said, that could work in your favor as far as the weight loss. are you throwing up?

that movie last night "in her shoes" was good. it was kinda funny but sad at times too. go see it!

havent eaten much today and glad my tom is finally over, now i can get down to business. havent weighed but will do that tomorow to see if i lost any water weight.

i havent heard from jenjen either. hmmmm, wonder whats up with her? :confused:

dont forget your green tea everybody!

hey ladies.. im still not getting better.. BUT it may be a goood thing, because i just weighed myself and ive allready lost 5lbs...

ive totally lost my apetite, havent ate in 3 days.. and still throwing up

MissR3~ I'm both sorry and glad you are so sick you lost 5lbs already. hehe Pass some of that over here! Just kidding. I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted on your recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back