Weight-Loss Group 3...post here.

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wonderwoman

hey, sorry for late checkin but its been a heck of a day. had an early morning test today that kicked up my sciatica so no cardio for me today :(
check in please and post your starting weight, cmon lets start losing those 5 measly pounds!

Group 3
Kccruz
Wonderwoman
Cmsstewart

(my starting weight is in my sig)

Last edited:
Wonderwoman, have I told you how much I love the joke in your sig? *dies laughing*

*hugs* Well, there's always tomorrow, eh?

My starting wait is 199 (I finally weighed myself this morning, yay! I didn't gain any!), so I'm hoping to become 19....uh...4. 194. Or less. Who knows, eh?

I'm hyper...hoo...I think I might go take morgan (my 8 month old speed demon puppy) for a run around the street in a few minutes, maybe...depending on how wretchedly hot it is outside.

you like my joke? thank you LOL! actually gives me a chuckle every time i see it myself!

just got back from walking my 5 yr old to the bus stop. im not really limping anymore today but i know from past experience that doesnt mean im all better. if i go on the treadmill today it just wont be as vigorous as usual, i dont want to ruin it for myself for the next few days!

cms, did you see your visual in the other thread of your hero? just look there when you need a reminder/boost! :D what is your plan for today?

and where is KCC??? she BETTER not be sitting around eating haagen daz and reading magazines or i will come and whoop her butt!

lol!

MY plan for the day is to try and eat more! I did pretty good with water, yesterday...I measured my water bottle and it holds 20 ounces, and I had three of those, yesterday. I have not been doing good with food, meaning I havn't been eating enough (we don't have anything in the house that even remotely sounds good...except little debbie's marsmellow snacks which are basically rice crispie treats).

Wonderwoman, I DID see the picture! *dies laughing* Thank you a lot! It really means a lot :D One thing I love about Liv Tyler is she's a little taller than I am and, last I heard, like 140 or 150-ish...or so someone said, and wears a size 8-10 american, 12-14 UK, I think.

Where is KCC? hm...lol! Well, nothing like practicing tae bo on a fellow member, eh? :p ;) (j/k)

rut roh, stil no kcc??? im gonna try and hunt her down. im doing good i think, drinking tons of water as usual. still need to work on increasing my cardio, 30 min is all i have been doing which is the bare minimum and i dont think thats gonna cut it! i have been eating enough i think and no junk which im very proud of :)

ran out of cold diet green tea so just going to pop the capsules today.
cms, you better throw away those rice crispy things and do some shopping! how bout some chicken and tuna?

Sorry guys for my disapearing act.....what a sorry a$$ team member I am being...(blushing red)..please forgive me.....fiance was home friday and saturday....( and I KNOW I should not put any blame on him)....But when he is off he disrupts my routine.
I need to realize what I am trying to do for myself and not give in to temptation. We went to Universal Studios yesterday...and I really blew it at the end by having a chocolate crepe....and then later on that night went loco at taco bell.....Then today we had KFC for lunch....and I did not follow my plan of choosing.."healthier items"...Tomorrow is a new beginning...so I am gonna follow the rules.....You two sound like your doing good.....WonderWoman...how does the cold green tea taste?...that is something I might would like to do....okay ...I PROMISE to check in EVERY day.....and WonderWoman..you were right about the magazine...but it WAS a weight watchers ....lol.....
Cms...whats your pups name?...

the cold green tea is delicious. i buy it at the grocery store and its diet green tea in a gallon milk type jug. its usually next to the orange juice. easier for me since i dont like to take time preparing things. i drink that all day along with water and coffee and im barely hungry which sometimes isnt good because then i have trouble getting all my calories in for the day. and we all know its not good to have the bulk of my calories at night when i ALWAYS seem to be hungry.

monday and tuesday i should be around, just a heads up for wednesday though i have a very hectic day scheduled and may not get a chance to check in.

today is sunday and i think our goal for this week for ALL of us is to do at least three 30 minute sessions of cardio. more would be better of course but you best not come on here with some lame story as to why you couldnt do it!!! i will not let myself come back on til i have done my 1st 30 minutes of the week. lets get busy!

Next time I go to the store I am going to look for some green tea. Ive heard nothing but good things about it. I think 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times a week is more than possible. I am going to try for 5 this week. I should be abel to lose the 5 lbs since I am real heavy, but people closer to their goal weight will have to work harder.Wonderwoman you are very close to yours. Do you exercise more or moniter your food intake more closely?
CMS....where ya been girl?....YOU DRINKING LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER??? tell us how u r!

Okay Gals, Its 9 in the morning, And I am finnished with my 30 minutes at curves and my 90 minute walk. Ive' had 24 ounces of water, plus a glass of o.j. and my choclate milk.....Im about to start with my next 24 oz of h2o.....Gotta go do the laungry..Uggh!!!.......How are ya doing?

did 30 minutes on treadmill. same ole same ole around here til friday and then i'll be rid of the little turds so i can finnaly get some piece and quiet! ahhh i cant wait!

kcc, i should be monitoring my stuff more closely since i am real close to my goal but to tell you the truth ive become LAZY about it. its been such a LONG trip im just so dam tired of counting and figuring etc etc. it took me wayyy too long to lose a measly 50 pounds (started in april. 04). im not exercising more per say, but since my plateaus last MUCH longer than a heavier person i have to change things up constantly to get the scale to budge. this month its the added green tea and L-tyrosine supplemnts.

my most important goal presently isnt so much to lose pounds quickly, but to maintain my loss, (not gain any pounds back!) and hopefully continue to lose a pound or two at a time slowly but surely.

got housework to do, will go tanning tonight. should get leafbags this week and clean up the yard. but today its going to be 93 degrees :eek:

i hope you girls are behaving in the kitchen??? if not you can confess your sins here. kcc, you are doing much better than me on your exercise WTG!! :D

ps. another added benefit of green tea: it helps prevent cancer and god forbid you ever DO get cancer while taking it, it localizes it making treatment more successful and your prognosis excellent!

Last edited:
Good deal on the treadmill wonderwoman...
You know, I am scared about hitting those plateaus. I wonder at what weight I will hit one. How long do they last? And what does the L- tyrosine do?.....I take a multi vitamine, chromium picolinate,fish oil,fat burner pill,biotin, and white kidney bean extract.....And today I popped a water pill to help with this water bloat. I also have some trim spa that I was thinking about taking....
Today at curves they deceided NOT to measure and weigh me because I am about to start my monthly. ( I gain any where from 3 to 7 lbs.....yuck !)So they will do it after it is over. TG!
I looked for a tanning place here where I live ...and you would think ..living In CA. they would have them everywhere...but not in this city!!....and we are only 25 minutes from the pacific ocean!....( The majority of the people here are Asian....so I assume thats why).....I feel so much better when I have some color....but I really love laying out...outside..but I am not doing that around here...lol..
You have won me over with the green tea...I cant wait to buy some on Thursday!....
Where is Cms ?....

make sure you buy the DIET green tea tho. mine is by turkey hill but im sure any brand will be fine. either that or you can boil your own and sweeten it with splenda or sweet n low. for some reason, when i drink the teabag kind in the winter it makes me real nauseas and i actually throw up. but that could have been the extra green tea extract i was getting from the trimspa last year. i even had a stomach bleed which landed me in the ER and they stuck an NG tube into my stomach. that was one of the WORST experiences i ever had next to child birth!

about the plateaus...well your starting out higher than my starting weight so your plateau should be later i think. how tall are you? lemme think. if i can remember right, i went from the 180's to the 160's pretty easily. and im 5'5" btw. sorry i didnt keep very good records. then i think i hit a plateau that lasted a month in the 160's before i got to 150's. then it gets fuzzy. then i spent SEVERAL months stuck in the 140's like from march-july? but i have to admit, i wasnt as GUNG-HO on my diet and exercise (not as strict) with myself as i had been before.

grrr..i was going to say more but kids made me get up from computer and i lost my train of thought. shoot!

It's a plateua that ruined me last Spring...grrr. *hate*

I've been very naughty in the kitchen, and I havn't been exercising a whole lot these past couple of days...but today I got myself out in the garage (where it's prolly close to a hundred degrees in there...) and did 2 miles (40 minutes) on it, and about 6 minutes of weight training (not a lot, I know, but I was getting muscle spasms and my back was hurting, so I had to stop). So I took a shower and my legs are still wobbly. BUT I feel clean, and I have a lot of energy out (not that I had any to begin with).

What annoys me most, is right when I go to bed every night, I get an adreneline spike and think "I really want to go run!" And several times i almost have, but I've already gotten ready for bed and I really just want to sleep by that time.

As I've said, I've been naughty in the kitchen. A root beer float (about 3 ounces of root beer, and I have no clue how much ice cream) last night, and one this morning (about the same amount).

Yesterday for lunch I had a scrambled egg (and I didn't get sick! wow!), 2 maple sausage patties (very little) and a couple biscuits. Very delicious, since I havn't had that kind of breakfast in...a long, long time.

Go ahead. Kick me. I realllly need a nice, hard, kick...right in the backside. Gah!

OH. Have y'all heard of the eowyn challenge? (I know, I know, I'm a lotr freak :p)

That's the link. In two years I've recorded only 52 miles o.0

anyways, I just thought I'd share. It's extremely fun and motivational!

omg, wish i had that tool last year! i used to walk SOOOO many miles i would get blisters on my feet. i got carried away for a while and started upping from 2 miles to 3 to 4 and a few times even 5 miles a day. i dont have time now as im about to sing off, but will check out the site more and reply to your post later or tommorrow. glad to see you checking in cms! :D

Its 5:37 in the morning and all I need to do is put my shoes on and head out the door.
BUT I am waiting for fiance to get in the shower and get ready.....so thought I would get on here and wish my team lots of willpower today!!!
Yesterday I drank over 72 oz of water....I did real good on my eating and "banked" 5.5 points on my weight watchers!.....Good luck !

just a quickie checkin for me too. its already over 80 degrees and its not even 11 am! i think its going up to 95 today so i am going to slather on some oil and lay outside to work on my tan. tan fat looks much better than white fat! :D

dont forget your cardio! i will be back later this afternoon.

I like being white *laughs*

I value my un-tanned skin very much, hehe :p Someone at work last year thought I had anemia...or something. *cracks up* (I don't...I tan very well, I just don't like having a tan).

Uh...I'll try and either hop on the tread mill or take Morgan for a walk...dunno...it depends on how hot it is out there and how much I really don't want to walk in front of houses upon houses upon houses....

Ive always had a tan , mainly from swimming and runniing around outside. But now since I have gotten so over weight I dont like to lay out in public. In April I had a nice decent tan from laying out in the back yard at my parents house....( They had a tall privacy fence).....I know it cause cancer...(and God forbid if I ever get it)...but it seems like EVERYTHING causes cancer now days.....Its funny wonderwoman about the tan fat looks better than white fat....one of my best friends and I use to say that years ago!!! It also helps camouflage that dreaded thing called cellulite.

Ive done my 30 minute work out and 90 minute walk....working on water now...
cms- morgan is your pup?...what breed?..

im late darnit, its almost bedtime. dont know where the time went! the good news is i think i got a lot darker today, the bad news is i didnt get my cardio in :( SHAME ON ME!! and, i didnt get to catch up on your posts and im sorry! tommorrow morning after i take kevin to the bus stop i have to take the twins to their preschool orientation, get our pictures taken etc. then after that i have a doctors appointment. neurologist also wants me to consult with physical therapy but i dont know if i can squeeze that in or not. i also have to go to the supermarket so i'll probably be too exhausted anyway.
i will try to get on here tomorrow if i can, if not then thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back