Weight-Loss Group 1

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy2

Hello all,

I dont' see a thread for Group one yet so I am checking in for the start of the weightloss challenge. I am at 265lbs right now. Let's start losing group one. good luck to all.

Sandy

Since I am not in this next challenge I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and to know that I am here cheering everyone on!

Thanks Jennylynn =)
Hey Sandy! Good luck!!!! If you lose these 5 lbs --- You're on your way OUT of the 60's!! YAY =)
We can do this ladies!!! Let's get these booty's movin!!!
Do you want to post goals or anything for these following 2 weeks? We don't have to - I just am because if I see it in writing, I'm much more apt to actually DO it haha*
First off - Starting Weight = 194 ---> if I lose these 5 lbs., I'm gonna be in the 180's!! Oh lord, the excitement hehe*

Trish's Goals for these 2 weeks:
94 oz. water per day (1.5 jugs)
workout every morning (or evening), with 1 day a week off
NO scale until the 28th
follow Atkins to a T! :eek:

We might also want to post what we think will be the one or two things that get in our way of pulling this off ... I know for me, it will be the weekend of the 22nd. Jayson (my boyfriend, for those of you newbies hehe*) will be comming to visit me for our 2.5 year anniversary - dorks, i know lol, and we will be going out to eat and all that ... just a little nervous that I won't be getting my right foods in and my exercise will slack, well, the exercise that actually counts towards this goal anyways haha* So I need you ladies to push me then and make sure I still stay on track!!!

Will do, Skinny!

Well, as of this morning, I'm 195 (yay! I didn't gain anything through yesterday's bing!), so the goal is to be 190 by the end of these two weeks.

Good idea about the goals, Skinny!

Mine are:
To drink between 80-100 ounces of water a day.
No more than 1600 calories a day, but no less than a thousand.
No eating or drinking juices after 8.
To have only ONE glass of juice during the day (for the sweet tooth)
To have NO sodas, except on sundays and saturdays (football days...horrible, I know), and even then only ONE.
To do tae bo everyday except sundays and saturdays (I'll find something else to do on those days), for at least 15 minutes, until the 22 of October.
To do the ballet stretching thingamabob everyday except on saturdays and sundays until the 22 of october.
To take a two mile walk everyday (or twice a day :D) while I'm in California from the 22 to the 2 of november.
To take my vitamins everyday.
and most of all-TO CHEER YOU ALL ON!

Unfortunatly, I won't be able to do that during the last week...lack of internet access, but on the end of the challenge I'll weigh myself and record it, then I'll post it as soon as I can. I feel bad about not being back until the second...it can't be helped, though! But I'll certainly do my part in this! No fear of THAT!

yay! I'm excited!

Oh, and the thing that WON'T help is most certainly going to california. I'm going to try my best to keep track of my calories, but it'll be hard.

Sounds good!! Good goals! I should add the not eating after 8 - that is my downfall !!!
You could probably find a place, like a internet cafe or a coffee house that has free internet access while you're in Cali. I bet if you wanted to post on that last day. They usually have them all over, even at libraries and whatnot. You're so lucky to be going there!! ahhh what I would do for some warm sunshine =)

Hello all!!! I'm so excited to get down to 170lb. Just to hit that 169 mark would be unbelievable. We know we can all do it. It's just before supper time here but I just wanted to check in before you all think I wasn't around :D I will be back tonight when I get my daughter in bed.
Shelley

Good luck all. I guess I should post my "goals".
I will strive to exercise at least 3 times a week (I am just getting back into some structured exercise--working around the little ones "school"/day care), no eating after 8pm sounds great, getting at least 96 ounces of water in a day and soda no more than 3 times in the next 2 weeks. that is a toughie for me.

I will hopefully make this 5 lb goal, I have a colonoscopy set for the 24th so I won't be eating anything but jello the day before and clear liquids. Just hope that the day after the colonoscopy I DON'T gain a ton back. :)

GO TEAM ONE!!!!!

Last edited:
Good to have you all in thr groups! =) We have a great group!!! Sandy - I don't think you will gain it all back afterwards, just keep up with your fluids and don't go crazy with foods when you can finally eat again lol* Just moderation! You'll be fine!
Hope everyoens day was good!! Mine was good foodwise - no exercise though =( Tomorrow a.m. bright & early!!

Yay, this is a great group, hehe!

Well, yesterday I could have done better, and the only exercise I got in was a two and a half hour journey through wal-mart. Woo hoo. :p

Today I'm going to a baby shower, and mom was the main coordinator of it so I'm going to go help set up two hours early. It's going to be bad, there, lots of sweets o.0 we're bring a fruit and veggies tray, ranch dressing (bleh! :p) and my special cream cheese fruit dip. Except we're using a low fat cheese which I can't spell the name of :p But it tastes like cream cheese. Essentially, it's the same as a cheese cake filling, cream cheese, whipped cream, and some splenda. It's simple, but it's SO delicious. I might even try a few veggies with it!

The good thing is, is that it's a gathering of people (obviously) and I'm constantly getting yelled at because I don't eat (or hardly eat) at gatherings. I just loose my appetite, heh. So if I do eat something today, it'll be either fruit or veggie...and I might allow myself a little of something chocolate. Maybe.

long post! sorry! *babbles*

Hello group one. Just checking in today. Hope everyone is doing well. I had one of my allotted 3 sodas today for the next 2 weeks. :) I was at a FAll event today all day so didn't eat much. Had a sandwich when i got home at 2:30pm. but did get a third day of exercise in at the Y last night. whoo hoo, three in a week is better than I have in the past few years. Keep on chugging. I will check in again soon. good luck all.

sandy

ARG!! Phil, TOM, Aunt Flo whatever you wish to call it came to visit today :eek: I won't let it get me down. In fact I don't feel all that bloated, yet...I have been so busy lately, definitely too busy to over eat. It's when I'm bored that I over eat. You guys are doing great!!! cmsstewart your low fat dip sounds awesome. Just fill up on the good stuff and forget the sweeties are even there. Sandy you are doing great with the exercise. I know soda is a hard craving to control so you are doing great putting yourself on a soda budget, keep up the good work! Skinnysomewhere you always have such encouraging words for others and it's great to have someone like you in our group. When you go out on your special date try drinking a lot of water before you go, that may cut down on how hungry you feel. Fill up on salads and veggies and try to see if they have grilled chicken or something. It's hard when you only have a few choices but don't worry if you eat a few bad things you can get right back on the horse the next day, remember it is a special occasion for you so have fun and don't worry about it too much.
Shelley

Hey all I made a little graphic for fun to add to our signature. Just right click on it and get the properties and paste it into your signature for a little extra excitement :D
Keep at it guys and good luck!!!!
Shelley

Oh and if I screwed up anyone's names or if you would like your name changed on it just let me know.

Nope, you got it! Awesome!

Well, today I did...okay on food...didn't get any breakfast (well, does a quarter of an orange count?) or lunch (uh...except a little snacking on the food I was preparing for the trays :p). had half an apple and some grapes for a snack with that low fat dip (NUMMY. 2 people asked me how to make it...hee! and another was fighting for it, hehe) and a small slice of cake. I had about 30 ounces of water, and I'm drinking a soda from BK right now...had a burger and fries for dinner when my sister and I were on our way home from the school that she teaches at's game...youch. Painful game. 55 to zero...and we gave them most of their touchdowns.

I got a LOT of walking in, though! yay! And I was standing a lot, and walking a lot...so that's good! yay! Well, tomorrow I endevour to do better, though!

Sorry ladies that I haven't posted - I had a LOONNNNNNGGGG day! lol* But my day went well ... never had time to eat! ugh* But got lots of water in =) CMS- good job with the walking! Let's go girls!
CUTEEEEEEEEE scale!!!!!!!! My name's right!! Thanks!!!

Hey all,

Sounds like we are on a rip roaring good start. My name is right, the scale is cute. Plan on doing a good bit of walking today. We are going to the Pumpkin Patch to get the pumpkins and let the kids play on the giant inflatables that they have there. Hopefully lots of water--that is the plan today. Have a great day everyone.

sandy

I am really kicking into it hardcore today! I am ready to just kick this in the butt! We can do this ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooohh hpumpkins :) fun fun!!! The kids should like that!

I am on my way to the gym in about a half hour, I reallly need to do some good cardio today! burn, baby, burn!!!!!!!!! Or ... more like it! burn, fat, BURRRRRRRRNNNNNn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back