Cohen's Lifestyle Ground Zero :)

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Never Say NEVER!

YES YES YES! :waving:
So guess who is back!!! LOL
Yep so you thought it was over—think again! My apologies to all, I practically just disappeared! No real reason!:blush5:

I have decided to come back—after a much needed Pep talk from Luvbug (thank you my dear friend)!
This forum has always taken good care of me!

Cate : You are still the oracle of the forum and it is so comforting to still and continuously find you here! I missed you! I still received the notification of your posts so read here and there! Many hugs too you!

Luvbug—let‘s DO THIS LADY! ?

So it’s been a bit more than a year since I first started my Cohen’s journey—and I have to say that it was and still is one of the best things I’ve done!
My first run with Cohen’s left me ±18kg lighter and I found myself in new ways and gained so much more that what I ever thought I would! I learned to love myself much more.

So NOW—a bit more than a year later—I gained ±7 kg back from the original 18kg that I lost! And honestly it’s too much and I fear that thing are getting out of control! I’m terribly afraid of that fat person that I was and thinking of it makes me want to NOT eat for the rest of my life! Ok I’m exaggerating but stil that is how strongly I feel about it.

I never got to that point where I packed my program away and throughout all this time I’ve been doing My program on and off again.. not with too much success I might add lol Not that that should be surprising lol there is TRUEFULLY no on and off again with Cohen’s Its either ON or its OFF! So!

Im here now on the start of my commitment yet again! I need some determination to pull through further than a Thursday ? I fail usually on the weekend!

MANY of the things that Cohen’s taught me still sticks—like ±2L of water a day(ALWAYS), I have gut out sugar completely form my diet , also I don’t drink any milk whatsoever!

I have my Cohen’s lunch lying here and So I shouldn’t lie and say that tomorrow is my first day because half of today is already over and I am 100% there already!
So you guys! New and old will have to bare witness to my new attempt to do this!

I will post my meals to keep track!
Breakfast : Fruit + Yogurt
Lunch : Beef + Veg
Dinner : Fish + Veg

Lotsa huggs!
Starfish

*does a super happy dance* :hurray:

YAYYYYY!!!! Welcome back, Starfishy!!!

This time I wanna lose moooore...lol

LET'S DO THISSSSSSSSSS!!! :D

mwaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Cate, does a super happy dance around her living room (the Macerana?) with Starfish & Luvbug. How lovely that you are back my sweet friends. I love your enthusiasm & joy of life. :D Welcome back!!!!!
xoxo Cate

Hi CATE!
Thank you so much! Wow! Long time indeed!

I just updated my ticker and although yesterday i had some Popcorn (naughty naughty) im going to keep my head up high and go forwards!

I am honestly a bit hungry this time around.. I do think that my excersice routine has got something to do with it! By the time Ive done a 40min Cardio and a 20 min wight session my stomach is an empty pit lol! I eat my meal, yet half hour later im starving.. also it rather terrible to lie in bed with a grumbling tummy1 :(

I am not stoping my excersise and im well on track with my fitness! Gym is something that is hard to do but afterward you feel like a million bucks!

I have practically 2 minths till summer and I want to looke evn better than last year! Also i have 2 wedding coming up-- both very gud friends of mine! So some drastic measures need to be put in place!

Its nice posting again :)

Oh and I want to remind new and Old Cohen-intes about Luvbug's invention for a SNACK-- apple sliced thinly on pro-vita with cinamon and candarel -- microwave 30sec's YUM YUM YUM (if you close your eyes and consentrate--it taste like apple crumble!!!! Yum yum! had that last night after some time! THANKS LUVBUG! *hugs*

Hope all of you are having a good day! Here we hav winter and its horrible cold :( Cant wait for Spring! yay!

Lotsa hugs!
Starfish:waving:

Hi Starfishy!

How is your Day 1 going...? :)
Wow..sounds like you're exercising a lot!! It will def make you hungry!!! Maybe you should cut it down a BIT...? hehe

Ooooh, I love that snack! mmmm :D

You are sooo right!! Summer is around the corner and we must be ready! Eeeeeek!! But we will make it!! hehe *hugs*
It's very cold here in the Free State...

Keep warm and enjoy your day!!! mwa!!!! xxx

Hey Starfish,

Welcome back, i'm sure you will make as much of a success of this time around as you did last time!!

Seems like there are a few of us South African girls around eh :)

Quick question? Did you finish your refeed?

I wish you nothing but the best on this and before you know it you will be done!!!

xxx

HMMMFFff
I Everyone! Been a while again hey! Well the only thing that realy changed is my weight and its not pretty, not pretty at all!
ye so Im walking with my tail between my legs .. :( Very uphappy indeed!

So here is the thing! I am very ashamed and also disapoinetd that Im at this stage of decitions again. I cannot believe that im on the verge of doing this again....

I have picked up 12kg in total from the original 18kg that i lost-- so YA square one basically! And the most frustarting thing for me is that eventhough Cohens tought me good habits, changes a few and added some-- I am once again struggling with the same old body issues and they are creeping back slowly!
It feels to me as if i have to be on Cohens, then im happy or then when im off-- a couple of weeks later-- start the upward trend again!

And i tell you that i am not nearly as unhealthy as what i was before, i drink my water (still today) every day.. i eat a healthy diet with not so many carbs and i have a good gym routine where i go 3-4 times a week! So i want to know! WHAT THE HELL MAN! Im seriously frustarted and Im becoming very sad.... :(

Im considering going to get a NEW program! And to pay all the money again and to commit AGAIN! I try my old program but it leaves me feeling starving 90% if the time-- like my body is in starvation mode and the results are not the same:( so i think that i should just take the plundge again and fork out the cash! what else! I cant be like this I REFUSE TO GIVE UP AND BECOME MY OWN WORSE FEARS AGAIN!

Has someone actaully gone and got a new program? was it any different than the first time? I will just have a fit if they new program is like less 5g cheese or something!!!!
Any advise from a second time around???

What else can I do! Im not happy , not happy at all!

:(
:willy_nilly:

Hi Starfish. Nicky has just been on a new program & I know that she is really happy with the results. Why don't you pop into her diary and ask her about it.
There is nothing to be ashamed of Starfish. It's all a learning process. I have experimented but find that I need to constantly watch what I eat but if I follow the Cohen's maintenance guidelines I feel good & do not put on weight. The old habits die hard but I'm killing them off gradually.
If you are exercising vigorously your body would not be able to cope on the original program. Why not try eating only Cohen's original food, but without weighing it (ie eat more) and see how you go with that. You may be pleasantly surprised :)
Pick yourself up sweets. You can do it as you have proved already. Sending you lots of love & encouragement. Please don't be down on yourself. We will all make mistakes & learn from them for the rest of our lives. The key is learning from them & gradually we lessen the mistakes. That's the plan anyway. LOL.
Mwah to you, xoxo Cate

Hi ALL!

Dearest Cate, Thank you so much! Im sitting here still fasting-- going to do my bloodtest in a bit!
I feel so much better that I actually spoke up and got the details for the new program-- I am feeling optimistic and Im relieved in a way! AND strangly enough! I am looking forward to it!

I met up with Luvbug last nite-- was so good to see my friendy! We both are in a bit of a rut! But after a pep talk we are both motivated and decited to meet hopefully once a week just for some tips and to keep ourselves motivated!
Look its not nearly as bad as what it was firts time around and i dont have that enourmous amount to do as the firts time-- BUT I WANT IT AWAY ! I am not happy being plump and it sours my moods in everything i do!
So i have not learned my lesson and i am ready and willing to try again and again till i can find my balance and be stable!
I would like to have my new program and hopefully it will allow me to do my exersise also along with it! I know that Cohens says not realy to do it-- but for me I HAVE TO DO EXERSISE- -I need to go and run or do something to keep my mind healthy and awake!
I have a wonderful consultant and she is incredibly inspiring!
Heya Cate-- miss you lady! I hope that you are doing well and i know that from my own experience its tough and the re-feeding for me is the biggest hurdle!
I am willing to do what it takes as long as i know it will work! :) :hurray:ANd Cohens works!
Im feeling so much better!
:waving:

Hi Starfish, So happy to hear that you are feeling more positive my sweet friend. It's not strange that you are looking fwd to your new program as I think it means that you are determined to succeed. It's lovely that you & Luvbug will be able to support one another. Please consider that you will not be eating many calories on the program to provide the energy required for much exercise. I know that once exercise has become a big part of your life that it is hard to ease off but for your health & well-being while you are eating so little on the programme I think it would be wise to do so. Walking should be ok but just follow what your body tells you or you could do yourself more harm than good. I know I sound like an old fuddy duddy but I want you to take care of yourself.
It will be interesting to see how different your new plan is. Catch up again soon, xoxo Cate

:waving: HEYA Cate!!
Payed and testes and everything IN! So now the wait till i can get my appointment! Im so excited! Yipeee!

Yes Im also rather intrested to see how much diff it will be but i guess that it probably wont be! LOL
I will take it easy on the excersise, you are right-- its not worth pushing so hard- -it will make it a bit more tough- but i hope to at leats just take a walk or some Yoga or something on a regular inteval-- that should me alright i guess!
I am thankful that I have the resources to embark on yet another diet program and i was shocked to see how the prices went up YIKES but oh well im will to pay it! :hurray:
Yayness!
So last weekend of freedom..or more or less- i somehow cant get it over my heart to pig out completely, its just nit worth it! But maybe a curry-- yumyum my FAV!

Have a fantastic weekend Cate!
Im going to try and post regularly, well for as long as Im inthe office!

Cheers! HERE IS TO THE SECOND TIME AROUND! YAY!

MWAH! :coolgleamA:

:waving: Hi all!
Again.. its been some time-- I find myself so busy that i find it hard to sit down and just post! But here I am so lets try :)

Ok so, Im on my second progam now-- Ive been on its since the 13th of October 2010 and my ticker shows my updated weight. YAY so its going down in true Cohens fashion!

I cant say that im disapointed and i do find that this time around -- Im not so frantic and I am not experiencing it as such a hassle.. i find it rether easy! Look i dont have the same amount of weight to shift as with the first GO, only about ±10kg... but still -- its 10kg! lol

See, i never finished my refeeding the first time round and i kept my weight of for about a year-- however-- it slowly started to creep back and nomatter how hard i tried it was just increasing-- Therefor-- I decided to go on the the program again! Look, its like not the cheapest program you can find and in my case-- i did a double payment and i am very determined to get thru this -- INCLUDING REFEEDING! So so far so good!

Im hoping to not take the full 12weeks-- i add a 3-4 times a week excersise routine in and i dont seem to get all that hungry-- I go to gym first thing in the morning and then carry on as usual!

Regarding my program-- Its different and i do have increased weights from my original plan-- more foodies! Yay not a lit(well is it ever) but i dont get so famished on the new program as what i had with trying to repeat my old program! I got starved on the 3rd day of the old program and i just couldnt get thru that! Now my body is yet again getting what it wants and its happy= happy me!:hurray:

Lets put it this way! More happy More prepared and loosing MORE weight! Its great and still I LOVE COHENS!

Hope all the new and old Cohenites are doing well! Keep up the good work -- and remember! NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS WHAT SLIM FEELS! Here's to that!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND:biggrinjester:

Hey Starfish,

Welcome back :)

You will get through those 10kg's in no time, think the exercise will definitely help as well!!!

I have also found the second time around alot easier and I don't seem to have as many demons in my head trying to steer me in the wrong direction which is a good thing I have been losing slower but maybe that is also better for staying off longer :)

Good luck with your journey, i'm sure it will be over before you know it.
xx

HEY All! :biggrinjester:

Thank you for your posts!

Im going strong and just did my 4week blood tests! Yay! 4 weeks tmorrow YAY! Cant believe that its been that long already!

Looking forward to my weigh-n tomorrow !
Angel_sa: yes,no for sure! I am deff loosing slower than before but then again, previously I had like almost 25kg to shift where as now I only have to do about half of that!

I love Cohens and I will always say that this program works beautifully for me-- I like sticking to it and I like the way that it is so strickt! When you do Cohens-- and you do it right! Its the best thing! :) Im happy to be in my Cohens bubble and know that Im on the right track!

Looking forward to the next 4weeks! Not to long now!

Im so excited: me and my partner got our bicycles on the weekend! Have not been on a bike in almost 13years! Was great to go for ride with the wind in my face! Much better than stationary bike! YAY!

Hope all have a great losing week! Hang in there!

Greets and all smiles
:party:

Hi Starfish- good for you sweetie re-committing to Cohen's & being so determined to succeed. I'm looking forward to hearing how much you have lost in this 4 weeks. Go Starfishy xoxo Cate

Heya Cate! Thank you so much for the support!

Im stocked! Going to be awesome when Im done! I always weigh more on my consultants scale than on my home scale so im anticipating a bit of a lower number than what i wouldve liked but its ok!

We took our bikes out early this morning-- rode down to the gym, did our workout and back again! PHEW! GOOD excersise i should say but loving it!

I cannot believe that this year is on its last legs already and we getting ready yet again for the festive season! :hurray:
Before we know it then Januarie is here and we start this cycle all over again!

My heart is sore and i terribly sad, my only sister that is currently my neighbour is moving to Cape Town :( Im so sad.... i love that sister of mine so much and i am going to miss her so terrible! But she is a big girl and i will never stand in her way-- im just being a little sis and crying :) Ive never been far from her for 26years and now next month she will be gone :( Change in life in inevitable, sometimes its not comfortable and nice ... but neccesary
:(

I will give a shout when ive gotten my weigh-in number

Have a good day Cate!
Lotsa Hugs!
mwah:waving:

Hi Starfish, You are being brave about your sister moving & that's good. Be grateful my sweet friend that you still have her, even though she won't be living as close. She will most likely move back and in the meantime you will be able to visit one another, message, Facebook etc. I miss my older sister so much & it has been 5 years since she died. I am really grateful that we were close & loved one another so much as I will always have that. Sending you lots of love & strength, xoxo Cate.
PS Looking forward to hearing the weigh-in news!

Hi Starfish, I miss your bubbly personality. Hope life is good for you in Sth Africa. Pop in if you have the time & give me an update on how life is treating you. Don't be shy. I really do miss my SA friends. You always made me smile & that's a gift, xoxo Cate

Back