GetFitMary Diary

GetFitMary

This diary is not about weight loss as I don't need to lose any but somewhere where I can record my food and exercise.
I'm not really starting properly until 1st Jan as I want some treats over Christmas.
I am Gluten free and want to go sugar free again.
I have an exercise bike and I go out walking most days....

Welcome Mary! Do you have any fitness goals you'll be working towards?

Welcome to the diary section of the forum, Mary. Well done on reaching your goal weight. You are in good company, with quite a few here who are also in maintenance. It’s good to keep a diary & share your tips. :)

Hi Mary, nice to see you started a diary (which my brain will forever read as GetFitMaryDairy to make it rhyme). I'm a walker as well and I'd love to have access to a bike again (bloody Covid closing down gyms).

Hi Mary, nice to see you started a diary (which my brain will forever read as GetFitMaryDairy to make it rhyme). I'm a walker as well and I'd love to have access to a bike again (bloody Covid closing down gyms).

I love being out in the fresh air so walking suits me. I do go for a cycle ride when the weather permits. I live 3 miles from a beach and the route is mostly off road and flat. Just a couple of overbridges to go over.

Welcome to the diary section of the forum, Mary. Well done on reaching your goal weight. You are in good company, with quite a few here who are also in maintenance. It’s good to keep a diary & share your tips. :)

This year I have got lazy with cooking so want to get back into making my own meals again. There is only so many chicken goujons you can eat.

I love being out in the fresh air so walking suits me. I do go for a cycle ride when the weather permits. I live 3 miles from a beach and the route is mostly off road and flat. Just a couple of overbridges to go over.
That sounds lovely! Biking outside is so much more fun than using an exercise bike. At some point I´ll get over my fear of my next bike getting stolen as well and get a new one...

You must have some lovely walking paths, being so close to the beach. I love walking :)

There are some lovely walks. Because I live away from the beach I can go lots of different ways to the beach. I have two beaches I can choose from.
This is where I ended up yesterday from walking down a lane.

Attachments

• MWSnap529 2020-12-20, 07_11_53.jpg
    MWSnap529 2020-12-20, 07_11_53.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
Went for a 10 mile hike today. On the way home my OH didn't fancy walking up the steep hill so he suggested it may be easier going up 208 steps instead. I managed it and left him behind.:rotflmao:

Attachments

• MWSnap539 2020-12-20, 18_54_04.jpg
    MWSnap539 2020-12-20, 18_54_04.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello! It's so cool that you decided to write your diary! I wish to do it too soon. I like riding a bike, we have a stadium near the house, I can ride there if the weather is fine. I will be waiting for your diary.

I have been away but now back home.

I am doing a food shop to be picked up tomorrow. I am using Huel for a couple of meals to help me cut back on meat. I want to by the end of year be vegetarian with aiming to be a Vegan. I'm not going to use fake meat products so need to get searching for some good vegetarian meals.

It's going to be hard as I do like meat for it's protein.

Happy 2021 to everyone and let's see how long it takes me before I cave in for a nice sausage or a burger.:)

Hey Mary, welcome back!
let's see how long it takes me before I cave in for a nice sausage or a burger
Why are you going vegetarian/vegan? I have nothing against that and I know it has helped a lot of folks get healthy, but I think you can be a perfectly healthy carnivore. My wife is vegetarian, so I am exposed to it, but I am not. I eat a lot of her vegetarian dishes, but still fix myself meat when it makes sense. If it is easier to stay on track with the occasional meat meal why not do it?

You, of course, should do what is best for Mary and what works is usually best. Happy New Year!

I´m not a vegetarian but I do try to keep my dependence on animal products low, because small world and lots of humans. If you´re trying to avoid fake meats as a vegetarian of course beans, dairy, and eggs are your friends, as well as the higher-protein seeds (things like cashews are lovely as a snack or a cream alternative but it´s a lot of calories for the amount of protein you get). I´ve tried going vegan without fake meats (apart from the cost they tend to upset my stomach) but in my experience you either have to really love tofu and tempeh or have a LOT of calories to use up if you want to get abundant and varied protein from whole plant foods. If your body is happy enough with the lower recommended limit of protein that´s not a big deal but getting less than 70-75 g of protein a day makes me awfully binge-y, which kind of defeats the purpose of the whole exercise. For now bean stews, homemade bean spreads, tempeh (I´ve found a great brand of tempeh but tofu I really can´t seem to get used to unless it´s either smoked or deep-fried) are my go-to´s. Some grains, mostly wheat and quinoa, are ok sources as well.

Back