gastric sleeve advice sought pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty boy

hi everyone i'm having a sleeve fitted in 6months time when i get my balloon removed just wondering if anyone has any advice/tips, maybe stories on how succesful/unsuccesful the sleeve is pls, thanx.

I am also struggling with when / what surgery. I came across this site: [removed] that talks about a new gastric balloon which can stay in longer. I wrote to them, and they said that they will be selling in early 2010. I am wondering if a balloon could stay in longer, so there would be more weight loss if that would be better than more drastic surgery. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i am having sleeve opp on 7 jan. every thing i have found out so far is all good news. i have met a few people that have had it done and they all think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
sue.

Post-Op Gastric Sleeve Patient

Evening all,

I'm post-op gastric sleeve now 25 days and I can share my experiences with you and help awnser any questions you have. I had mine done in Homerton Hospital, Hackney, UK. So you know I have also had a Gastric Balloon in the past so I know your experiences with it aswell. It did'nt end to well with me and if your interested you can read my post in another forum thread here on weight loss.

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/surgical-weight-loss/8093-gastric-balloon-17.html

Regards,

Will

Hi i have a band at the moment which has gone wrong. my doctor has told me about the sleeve and asked me to consider it. however i have a few question that i would rather be answered by people who already have a sleeve.

How long was your recovery before going back to work??

How servere was the pain??

What was the diet like at first??

How much can you eat now??

Can you still have boozy nights out :)???

Do you or have you had any side effects???

Thanks to anyone who can answer these x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back