gastric balloon in Quebec Canada costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadedkorean

Hello I am new here.

I live in Toronto Canada however am looking into travelling to get the gastric balloon done. Safety is my number one concern here. I want someone that knows what they are doing.

I have looked into the surgical weight loss centre here in the GTA, but I have some suspicions about their testimonials. Also it seems to me that they treat you like a number, in the sense of its hard getting a follow up appointment once you have paid and had your surgery....

I am considering going to Quebec to get this done. Can anyone here comment on the costs of surgery and how the clinic treated you?

Thanks,
julia

I know in the Blue Water Clinic near Sarnia cost Cad$8,000 including the dietitian for 1 year. It is closer than Quebec, so maybe could be an option to check out for you.

I just had mine inserted today at a mississauga clinic on hurontario. It was a great experience they are very professional and very compasionate. Had they ballon for 7hours now and feel good...proabably because of the meds im sure tommorow wil be another story. Good luck on your choice

where ever you decide to go for the gastric balloon, make sure you get in writing not only what services they offer but the frequency, sounds all so well that these clinics offer psychologist, dietician, trainers, etc, however at what frequency???? my experience was terrible, my body did not tolerate the balloon, from what I understand this is infrequent, a risk we take, but my biggest disappointment was that the clinic did not deliver what they promised in terms of their support. Also I would strongly recommend that you go to a clinic that has been doing this for awhile, new clinics have limited experience to offer and support during difficulties, also they have growing pains while trying to organize things. Interesting, while they go through these growing pains they still charge you the same as what a well established program with experience charges, go for the experience!!!!!!!!
Last but least, the balloon is only an aid, I have read so many of these posts, and the ones that were successful, it was diet and exercise, the balloon really only works for the first three months, after that your body does adjust. The initial rapid weight loss is due to the amount of vomitting you will do!!!
Drul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back