Gastric balloon in ontario-costs and clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trenaud,

The procedure at blue water surgery is done as a privately paid for procedure and is not covered by OHIP. I paid $8000, which included all taxes and all follow-up care for 1 year, that includes a nutritionist coach and full access to their website (link removed) where there is a whole online community of people who have had the balloons done at their multiple clinics across southwestern Ontario.
They also have a financing company available to help with monthly payments if needed to make it a bit easier on the pocket.
I've had my balloon since July and I've lost about 33lbs, which I am extremely happy about. I get my balloon taken out in the new year.

I'm not online alot because of my busy schedule but I will try and contact back as soon as i can.

Do you know how many cc's of saline were inserted into your balloon. I had my balloon inserted at Lakeview Surgical Centre in Barrie ontario. The balloon had to be removed five weeks after insertion due to intolerance. I feel the balloon was too large for my anatomy, the barrie clinic charges 8000 plus taxes. the entire experience was awful for me.
I lost 26 pounds due to vomiting but of course gained this back, now the only thing I am down is 8000.00.

ADoes anyone know where in Ontario this can be done for less than $5000?? The balloon sounds like a great option for me, but I don't want to pay huge amounts for it, nor do I want to do financing through anyone other than my own bank. The BWC refused to give me a price unless I either give them my phone number, or travel 3hrs each way for a consult. I just don't understand why they can't just give me a price. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back