Gastric balloon in ontario-costs and clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine_mom

Can someone point me out to where I could get gastric balloon procedure down between windsor Ontario and around toronto ontario, also prices.

thanks

I would highly recommend my clinic (Link removed), I think they have done the most balloons in the area and have an amazing modern clinic. I know a few people who have had lapbands done there too. Im getting my balloon out next week, I lost 20 lbs in total, I was hoping for 30 but its put me into the healthy BMI range so Im happy. Those with more to lose will loose more I think. good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and the cost was around $6800, it was 6 months ago so I forget exactly! definitely worth seeing them for a free consult

sunshine

I am getting my balloon in on friday the 17th of July and am having it done at Bluewater Surgery in Sarnia ( Point Edward ) it cost me $8000.

Hi all if you are still out there. I am new to this forum stuff. But just wanted to add that I too went to the Bluewater Surgical Center. Three weeks now for me. It seems this thread had died so I will wait to see if I get any response before I go on. LOL Any body out there:waving:

Can someone point me out to where I could get gastric balloon procedure down between windsor Ontario and around toronto ontario, also prices.

thanks

Check these Ontario Gastric balloon clinics :

EcuMedical Resources International
880 North Service Drive East Building 100, Suite 101, Windsor, ON
Windsor Ontario
Canada N8X 3J5

Slimband
64 Prince Arthur Avenue
Central Toronto Ontario
Canada M5R 1B4

The Surgical Weight Loss Centre
1413 Hurontario St.
Mississauga Ontario
Canada L5G 3H5

I'm getting the balloon inserted in Sarnia next Saturday. Can anyone tell me how bad I'll be feeling immediately after? I live about an hour away. Can I anticipate throwing up the entire trip?

Good for YOU!

Hi Northern Girl. Good luck on your new venture. I had mine put in in October. I will be having it out this Friday... the day before yours goes in. As far as getting home... I live about 2 hours from Sarnia and it wasn't too uncomfortable getting home. First of all, I used a gravol patch prior to the procedure, in addition to the anti-nausea meds they give you, which I believe really helped . The first week or so I would have to say were a bit uncomfortable as far as getting around much but it didn't take very long to start feeling better. I was lucky not to have had to vomit at all. But even if I did... as far as I am concerned... it was well worth it. I lost around 25-30 lbs. and am scheduled for a tummy tuck next month. I hope all goes very well with you as I am sure it will. Take care and remember... the discomfort is only temporary. You will be back to normal and looking great in no time. :cheers2:jc

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Justmejc. I'm getting pretty nervous now. I'm looking forward to this but still not looking forward to the potential nausea. Congratulations on your weight loss! Sounds like the balloon worked well for you. Good luck with the tummy tuck. You're going to look great when everything is done.

No regrets... you'll see.

Hi Northern Girl, The procedure has become so popular now and with great results. I won't lie,,, yes you are going to feel a little rough for a few days. Hope you have someone to help you for a bit,,, but it is soooooooo worth it and all you have to do is just keep telling yourself... "it is only temporary", but the loss is forever. I have met quite a few who have had it done and I haven't found one that regretted it. Stay in touch with your progress. I would love to hear from you. Best of luck. jc

JC, it's the beginning of day 4 after having the balloon in and I'm starting to feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel. I've been pretty nauseous but the vomiting seems to be under control. I'm hoping that I'll feel better every day now. At the moment I'm pretty tired. Take care!

You'll be out of the woods soon...

:hurray: so happy you are starting to feel better now. You will see, things will improve. Just take it easy and drink as much water as you can. And while your laying there... decide who you're going to give all your clothes to, as they soon won't fit you anymore. And that is the best feeling of all. Take care Northern Girl. Keep in touch... jc

Hi JC. I'm past the nausea and vomiting but have now progressed into (sorry but no way to say this nicely) smelly burps. It's horrible! Did you get that and what did you do to help? I'm looking forward to feeling like me again, just a slimmer version of me, lol.
Keep in touch.

Sorry, haven't been on the pc much lately... burps ey... No, I never got that although I have heard that a lot of people do. I always took the antacid meds every day. Never developed that problem. What does Gloria say?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I've been doing alot of research into the intragastric balloon, I'm from London ON way and thinking of having it inserted at blue water surgery as well. How did you find the clinic and the nutritionist?
Thanks, Erika

Hi Erika,

I'm new to the forum as well but I have been onto other weight loss forum sites. Alot of people have been talking about this intragastric balloon. I actually had it inserted at blue water surgical center late last month. The clinic is nice, I really enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere. The process over the last month has been a little rough to say the least, I'm finally starting to feel better. It was a long road of nausea and vomitting it took me about 5 days to start turning around and eating solids again. I started at 5'7 198lbs and I'm down 7lbs so far. My goal is 150lbs its where i feel comfortable and easier to maintain I think. The nurtionist has been good so far, but you really have to take intiative as well to follow the meal plan and make appointments to see her.

Hows the journey for other ballooners?

hi I am looking at getting the gastric balloon done at bluewater in sarnia. Does anyone know how much it will cost and weather my health coverage would cover any part of the procedure?

aside from Canada, you can also look for alternative location that provides (spam removed) somewhere in Arizona. you can consult which treatment will best suit your situation.

hi I am looking at getting the gastric balloon done at bluewater in sarnia. Does anyone know how much it will cost and weather my health coverage would cover any part of the procedure?

Trenaud,

The procedure at blue water surgery is done as a privately paid for procedure and is not covered by OHIP. I paid $8000, which included all taxes and all follow-up care for 1 year, that includes a nutritionist coach and full access to their website (link removed) where there is a whole online community of people who have had the balloons done at their multiple clinics across southwestern Ontario.
They also have a financing company available to help with monthly payments if needed to make it a bit easier on the pocket.
I've had my balloon since July and I've lost about 33lbs, which I am extremely happy about. I get my balloon taken out in the new year.

I'm not online alot because of my busy schedule but I will try and contact back as soon as i can.

Hi Erika,

I'm new to the forum as well but I have been onto other weight loss forum sites. Alot of people have been talking about this intragastric balloon. I actually had it inserted at blue water surgical center late last month. The clinic is nice, I really enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere. The process over the last month has been a little rough to say the least, I'm finally starting to feel better. It was a long road of nausea and vomitting it took me about 5 days to start turning around and eating solids again. I started at 5'7 198lbs and I'm down 7lbs so far. My goal is 150lbs its where i feel comfortable and easier to maintain I think. The nurtionist has been good so far, but you really have to take intiative as well to follow the meal plan and make appointments to see her.

Hows the journey for other ballooners?

Whats this about???? According to our records, "helpplease" and "erika" are the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back