Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

twin484

Trying to lose weight. Had a gastric bypass in 2003 weighing in at 397 lbs , it went well. my lowest weight at 253lbs but in 2009 I had a hernia on my small intestine so they had to remove a big section and I regained weight ( 311lbs). Wasn’t happy at all. I worked on it since came down to 275 lbs and now gaining back again. ( 287lbs.) I’m so scared to get back up in the 300lbs. The family doctor I have doesnt seem to care much cause she brushes me off like I’m nothing. I need help, advice or tips on what I can do. Thank you

Hi Twin and welcome to the forum! Kudos to you and your hard work so far. What/how much are you currently eating/drinking? Any splurges? Can you exercise? A fuller idea of your situation is often helpful.

Hi Twin and welcome to the forum! Kudos to you and your hard work so far. What/how much are you currently eating/drinking? Any splurges? Can you exercise? A fuller idea of your situation is often helpful.
I eat 1600 calories a day and drink 7 to 8 bottles of water. I drink tea ( 2 ) and decaf coffee ( 2 ). I eat whole wheat English muffins , no bread , 1 or 2 times a month pasta , potatoes 3 times , eat plenty of fish, chicken, turkey, I limit my beef , pork and I don’t eat fast food. If I do pick something up it’s chicken Caesar salads or something I won’t feel guilty eating. I eat plenty of fruits. I do have a problem with sweets. ( I have low blood sugar so my go to is chocolate) I can exercise my legs, arms , limit to that cause of all the surgery I’ve had. 18 hernia repairs counting the one on my small intestine. Have a threadmill I walk on for 15 minutes everyday. In the summer I take my walk outside , it’s a 45 minute walk.

Wow, that's a lot of surgeries! All the more respect to your commitment to health.
I do have a problem with sweets. ( I have low blood sugar so my go to is chocolate)
That could be a problem, especially if you don't count the medicinal chocolate in your daily total. Chocolate and icecream are notorious for ruining the results of bariatric surgery because their gooey meltiness lets them circumvent the physical restrictions of a smaller stomach. Can you rearrange your daily calories to keep your blood sugar more stable? The lower your intake of refined/added sugar the less your blood sugar should fall below what your body needs. High-fiber foods, if you can eat them, also help your body spread out the glucose-in-blood time.

Yes I can rearrange my daily calories. Need to find a dietitian or nutritionist to help me. Very hard to find in my area. The dietitian I had doesn’t help me much. I want someone to work out a meal plan of 400 calories 3 times a day.

If you're not restricted in the kind of foods you can eat just googling "400 calorie meals" will give you an abundance of recipes to choose from until you find a nutritionist. Oh, and during the pandemic many nutritionists offer online consults so you may be less restricted in your geographical options than normal.

If you are interested in losing weight via a simple Japanese tonic, or have explored other diets, weight loss supplements and fitness plans, and haven’t found one that works for you, click this link here SPAM LINK REMOVED to learn more about a product that may satisfy your weight loss needs.

Will check it out .

Last edited by a moderator:
twin484. This thread, unfortunately, attracts a lot of spammers. Consider starting a diary, where you will more than likely get some genuine support. It's the most active section of the forum. You'll find it at Weight Loss Diary

Closing this thread & looking forward to your diary :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back