Flyer's diary

I lost more than 5 lbs from last night to this morning. I weigh every night before bed and then every morning when I wake up, generally I lose 2 to 6 lbs; just sleeping as you say. Most likely it's the trips to the bathroom, when I drink less in the afternoon and evening the loss is less... I have always considered my first thing in the morning weight as "official", for no real good reason, except maybe that it was lower. Makes me feel better.

Also curious to see where you are this am.

i really think i'm on to something with this sleep thing... :)

02.17.21..164.0.jpg

no coffee yet... may be a bit of dehydration.

Attachments

• 02.17.21..164.0.jpg
    02.17.21..164.0.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
i wasn't really planning on a walk today... until i discovered the market next door was sold out of yesterday's newspaper. if it was any other day than Wednesday i might have just let it go, but the Wednesday puzzle (NYTimes) is usually the best one. Quik-Mart came through and got me to knock off about a mile and a half round trip. walking doesn't usually put me in fat burning mode since i tend to stroll rather than power walk, but when you're on a fast (even after 14 hours of an intermittent fast) ... there really isn't anything left to burn other than stored fat.

just short of three days i broke my fast around noon today. all i had in the house were vegetables so i steamed some carrots and the sauteed up some onions and peppers throwing in the carrots near the end. got to say it was filling, though i wasn't really hungry. i just didn't want to get my 1st vaccination tomorrow morning in any stressful situation. i have some freeze dried chili open so i'll probably finish off the day around normal dinner time with a bowl and more of the vegetables. that should put me in a better situation tomorrow morning for the shot.

this was only my 3rd multi-day fast (that i can recall) and once again it seems the worst part is the evening of the first day. the easiest? first thing in the morning after not eating for 24+ hours you'd think hunger would hit hard, but with me it never seems to show up. in fact the 2nd and 3rd days i mostly felt like eating because i was bored. i could have gone another day, but this was good enough for a start to getting back to basics. i will still see if i can get down to 160 again through normal intermittent fasting... maybe hitting a few more 20/4 days than 16/8 days.

i probably will get there, but it seems like every pound less you set your target at, it becomes exponentially harder to maintain. i kinda makes sense... every lb lighter you get, a single pound gradually becomes a larger percent of your total body weight. add to that, for energy you can really only burn fat or some muscle so only dealing with that part of your body weight, the percentage becomes even larger.

Last edited:
not much of a bounce back after a 3 day fast. feeling good that things got reset. i will probably stick to 18/6 days for a while starting at noon and ending at 6pm. still going to keep bagels out of the house for a few days yet... :)

02.19.21..165.0.jpg

going to be tough to totally ignore that pineapple.
missed the end of the sale of more, but apples remain a great deal here...

apples on sale.jpg

Last edited:
i hope others are feeling this, but for the first time in 4 years i find that i'm not worried if i miss the morning news to discover what new lunatic position our country has suddenly taken.

so i can never find cotton gym shorts in stores, but Hanes sells them online, so why not. received a package the other day and aside from the shorts, a bonus... an XL pair of sweatpants i didn’t order. i know from past experience, it would take more effort and money on both ends to return ... com’on, it’s not a 2kt Blue Nile diamond sent to me by accident... :) ... so i tried them on. XL... but damn, awfully tight..! looking up the style number ... BOYS XL... 31” waist..!! mixed feelings... awfully “snug”, but with an elastic waistband, at least i CAN get them on... ;)

Interesting consequence of the fast... stir fry’d up some chicken, onions and broccoli and had breakfast around 1pm. 3pm and i feel like I’ve had enough to eat today. I found that was true when i was IF’ing during my actual weight loss. whereas a few months before i would have had a whole sandwich, all of a sudden, 1/2 sandwich seemed filling to me. i may be on an 18/6 IF right now, but I’m only eating as much food as if i were OMAD’ing.

I suppose i should mention that i opened up a bottle of wine for the stirfry.... and some actually did get into the skillet... :)

+ FD pineapple for a bit of dessert in a few hours.

i hate to give the impression IF’ing isn’t flavorful or satisfying.

so i tried them on. XL... but damn, awfully tight..! looking up the style number ... BOYS XL... 31” waist..!! mixed feelings... awfully “snug”, but with an elastic waistband, at least i CAN get them on... ;)
Wow, that really says something about your current weight!

i don't want to take credit for elasticized waistbands. i can still only measure about 34" waist ... 33" if i really suck it in. oddly this is one measurement which seems like it could improve since it's still a place i have a little gut. in the meantime i'm just fine. i've already had to ditch a number of jeans because there's just too much material in the butt area.

i'm going to have to reevaluate my goal, though. i thought i might try to get to 160, but i've come to realize i just don't get that much exercise ... yet. i will likely start walking a lot more in a month or so when i finally get somewhere to walk to, but i don't find that much incentive to walk just for the sake of walking... at least not very often. the flip side is that i could always eat less, but frankly i'm at a point right now that i don't want to change.

i'll still probably multi-day fast at least a day once a month for a while. that seems to do me more good than anything else.

It sometimes happens when they attribute a death to covid and then change their mind (like the 20-something covid+ motorcyclist killed in a crash in Florida).

Back