Floater's diary

I hope rest helps. Do you have any lemons & honey? I have a honey & hot lemon drink every night all year around & rarely get a cold. Take care, Floater :grouphug:

Thanks @Cate , @LaMaria ! I feel much better after sleeping until the afternoon. My throat and chest feel a bit odd, but the lymph nodes have shrunk back and I have no muscle pains (which I get if I'm sick). I think my body is just reacting to the temperatures dropping (this happens to me quite often).

I'm having pea soup for breakfast and already packed my swimming gear and post-swim porridge. I figured that a slow paced water jog might be better for my body in this situation, and it will also give me a chance to evaluate whether I'm fit enough to hit the gym tomorrow. The swimming hall air is moist and warm, which should help with the coarseness in my throat. And I can get that chicken I've been dreaming about after my swim!

PS I have no honey or lemon in the house, but I do have a lime I can add to my tea. I don't like sweet drinks so lemon and honey isn't really for me. I get nervous about my tooth enamel :D

Acidity is more likely to kill your enamel than (natural, unheated) honey but as long as you don´t swish your mouth with it either is probably fine. Take it easy in the pool!

Had a snack of half a pita bread with marg, tofu and spring onions - going to take the dog out and then eat properly. I feel so excited about today's water jog. If I keep this up, I should get visible results by Feb/March!

And noticeable results much sooner. Slow and steady!
Amen.

It just feels so good to be able to move again. I lost two years to depression and even worse mental health stuff, so no wonder my body has changed. But it's amazing what it can still do despite looking out of shape. When I was water jogging today and just let myself sink into the rhythm and let my thoughts disintegrate and focused on the sensations of the water around my body, I was so so happy. I feel the good sort of exhausted, and I'm looking forward to the gym tomorrow. Every workout is another brick in the road towards transition, and I don't even need to think about the aesthetics aspect of it, but I'm building a stronger body and cardiovascular system that will help me survive and recover from the surgery much easier. It's also a big thing to have found the things I like to do: water sports, weight lifting and walking are things I truly enjoy so it's not hard to find motivation.

Late dinner: two chicken legs (skin off), roasted pumpkin, 200g of alfalfa sprouts, a pita bread with marg (it had gotten too hard and dry to hold filling)

Making congee for breakfast, I'll have it with the usual whisked-in eggs, corn and spring onions, a banana for dessert, and then head to the gym with my post-workout porridge thermos. I'm soaking peas for pea soup later - this time I'll make a vegan version without ham and with "Indian" spices. I still have three chicken legs from yesterday, so I can eat them after getting home from the gym. Didn't have the best night's sleep but feeling decent and very excited about getting my WL workout in!

Workout was good - I kept it short and didn't push myself too hard, while still getting a decent workout in: bench press, leg press, bicep curls, and deadlifts with a kettlebell. I like alternating between using the safety bar, free weights, and kettle bell when doing squats and deadlifts, because I notice the "feel" is a little bit different. The heaviest kettle bell at the gym is 25 kg, but the strain and the center of gravity is so different when compared to the other options that it still feels effective.

I don't know if there's any scientific basis to it, but I do feel like having my usual warm porridge with oats, PB, protein, maple syrup or jam for sweetness and quick carbs, and matcha powder really helps with muscle soreness the next day. Matcha has caffeine in it, but it also feels really comforting to drink something warm after a workout, when compared to just having a cold shake or something. I juts got home and will sit down for a while, and then have some chicken and take the dog out and shower.

My apartment really needs cleaning! I've been so busy working out and cooking and eating well that there's a lot of dog hair and sand on the floors. The joys of owning a big dog :D But I'm really proud of myself.

Dinner: a banana and three chicken legs, skin off. I gotta go buy onions so I can get the pea soup going. Feeling EXHAUSTED and a little bit loopy, but not in a bad way.

Nothing wrong with exhausted, everything right with feeding yourself well. Definitely take a rest day tomorrow though!

Definitely take a rest day tomorrow though!
I will, unless there's an opportunity to meet a friend in the evening, in which case I'll get my water jog in before that because we'll most likely stay up late and it will mess my schedule. But I trust my body to tell me if it's too tired to go tomorrow.

I took my recyclables out and after that walked to get a cheese burger on a whim, so I ended having a 3km walk. Felt good, and the burger tasted heavenly. I'm now caramelizing onions for the base of the veggie pea soup.

I'm going to blow a fuse... My oven light just busted. I have no ide whether this is something I can fix by myself or if I'll have to get the landlord to do it for me, so I sent them an email. The pea soup is smelling good though - still needs 90 minutes or so before it's ready to eat. I used yellow curry, fresh ginger, caramelized onions, star anise, whole cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, fish sauce and scorpion chili sauce for flavor; also two cubed carrots and 0,5 dl of nutritional yeast.

As long as it´s just the light and the oven still works it´s at least not urgent. I hope your landlord gets back to you promptly and solves the issue though!

I'm not a fan of pea soup, but your food sounds healthy & I love that you are looking after yourself so well. Hope you get the oven light fixed soon.

Back