Floater's diary

Had a two-hour powernap, let Heikki out to run and bathe (the cornstarch in bathing sand trick seems to work really well for him, his fur looks instantly better despite him molting, and he seems to like the consistency a lot too). Had a bowl of instant ramen and a stick of licorice, took out mango to thaw, made myself a cup of coffee because the migraine is starting to come back but it´s still too early to take more NSAIDs, and will eat my other stick of licorice and the remaining chocolate before trying to get a good night´s sleep.

Therapy tomorrow, it´s a video meeting, so I´ll do the drawing assignment as soon as I wake up. I´m glad I bought a lot of convenience foods before Mother´s Day because today has been one of those days where they stand up to their name. And not feeling like eating something other than super healthy foods at all times is a failure is a good sign that I´m losing weight out of self-respect, not self-punishment. Sugar isn´t the devil, candy won´t destroy my health as a part of a balanced diet, it´s all about the big picture.

And not feeling like eating something other than super healthy foods at all times is a failure is a good sign that I´m losing weight out of self-respect, not self-punishment. Sugar isn´t the devil, candy won´t destroy my health as a part of a balanced diet, it´s all about the big picture.

Hear hear! Good work on the self care and I hope therapy will do you good tomorrow.

Thank you! After the mango I wasn´t feeling like chocolate but felt hungry for protein, so I ate the remaining cold chicken in my fridge and put a bowl of cherries to thaw. I also put 1,5dl of soy mince, 1dl of sunflower seeds, dates and raisins (snacked on a couple of both hehe) into a glass jar, and filled the jar with boiled water. Once it´s cooled down I bit I´ll transfer it into the fridge and use it for a big batch of smoothie tomorrow. :3

I hope you feel better soon. Well done looking after yourself so well, Arvo xoxo
Thank you. I had a nightmare from childhood, SA related. It was horrible but at least today is therapy day so the timing was right in that sense at least.

Made a batch of smoothie and that's for breakfast too. My protein and fiber intake are both looking good these days. I took a sleeping pill after the nightmare. They make me retain water (most "downers" do because anything that affects the CNS wil affect the gut too: ADHD meds make me poop like there's no tomorrow, whereas sleeping pills slow down gut motility) so the scale is +1 kg from last Sat but with my dietary habits I could not possibly have gained a kilo of fat in a week so it's best to not worry.

Lunch: more smoothie because my therapy is just about to start. I finished the drawing assignment for therapy - I´ll post it here once the fixative has dried and doesn´t stink anymore.

Here´s the therapy assignment - "a picture that elicits fear". It´s a bit half-assed but then again I whisked it together in 30 mins. I still like it. The female-seeming figure on the bed looks disheveled and the perspective of the room is intentionally messed up, while the reflection of the true self in the window looks serene and the line work and color palette make him look harmonious when compared to the figure sitting on the bed, confined by sharp outlines, the looming clock, and the melting walls. The pajamas are the same color as Finnish hospital pajamas in size M.

Having cottage cheese, coffee, and a M-150 energy drink. Then off to the gym. Going to buy more chicken and bananas on my way home. Maybe a burger too. Appetite is in the drain today so today´s motto is "fed is best". Therapy was good.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 14.11.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 14.11.31.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 0
Had a Whopper Jr with two patties as preworkout. It's crazy hour at the gym, I doubt I'll stay for too long. People...

There was no pre-cooked chicken to be found at the grocery store and I forgot to buy bananas. Got home, cleaned Heikki´s cage, hoovered, wiped the floors. The cornstarch I added to Heikki´s dust bath makes his coat look gorgeous but oh man it gets everywhere. Put on one of my "emergency bras" after showering, and was pleased to notice that it´s turning into more of a crop top than a bra. Weight loss is weird.

Ex is coming over at 11 PM, we´ll vape some weed. I wanted to prep something filling that´s not soup or smoothie. My kcal intake has been creeping down lately and I can feel it. So I rummaged through my cupboards and whipped together a baked pasta dish that´s in the oven now and will hopefully turn out nice. I sauteed an aubergine and a shallot and some garlic until soft, and blitzed them in a blender with a bag of frozen green peas and spinach as well as some soy sauce and oat cream. Rinsed a tetra pack of black beans and boiled conch pasta for a couple of minutes, tossed everything in a casserole dish, crumbled a pack of feta on top, ground white pepper on top of everything, gave it a good stir and put it in the oven. Hopefully the conch pasta will soak up the moisture from the veggies, if not, I´ll have an inedible casserole dish full of hard pasta and sad veggie mash. But I´m hopeful lol. Let´s hope for the best.

The pasta dish turned out amazing! Could do with a bit more salt but then again, I try to wean myself off salty foods because I like them a liittle bit too much and want to keep my BP under control. The pasta is soft but nor mushy and sauce to carb ratio is perfect.

I'm glad therapy went well. It's great that you have such a good therapist. That pasta dish sounds amazing. You are getting very creative in the kitchen. I'm glad I'm not hungry.
I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you & my other friends in the forum on my birthday. This year is a major one for me & it feels a little different I must admit. Mostly I feel very grateful for my family & friends. I am very lucky xo

I'm glad therapy went well. It's great that you have such a good therapist. That pasta dish sounds amazing. You are getting very creative in the kitchen. I'm glad I'm not hungry.
I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you & my other friends in the forum on my birthday. This year is a major one for me & it feels a little different I must admit. Mostly I feel very grateful for my family & friends. I am very lucky xo
Hugs!!! 💐

I like the idea of baked pasta dishes a lot but for some reason I can't convince myself to precook pasta for it. Or waste aluminum foil on covering it. That sounds so petulant though! I suppose I should get out of my own hair and use a properly-closing casserole dish :D

I like the idea of baked pasta dishes a lot but for some reason I can't convince myself to precook pasta for it. Or waste aluminum foil on covering it. That sounds so petulant though! I suppose I should get out of my own hair and use a properly-closing casserole dish :D
I just nuked it uncovered

Swam for 60 mins but I could feel yesterday´s gym session; had a locker room smoothie, and bought beef jerky, bananas, and dates on my way home. Boiled some eggs. Now having a breather.

Would "raw" pasta still cook fully if you're cooking it uncovered?
Yeah if the sauce has enough water!

Back