Floater's diary

Slept way past noon. Feeling some physical discomfort. Had cabbage casserole for breakfast. It´s a snowstorm outside but I wonder if I should still brave the weather and go aqua jogging. I feel like the lack of exercise for the last few days is turning my brain to mush. And I´m most likely not going to be able to sleep tonight so I can spend the night doing the SMART Handbook translation.

I need to have a snack before going though because the little portion of casserole won´t keep me sated. I think I´ll have my coffee, have some bread with an omelette, and then go aqua jogging and see what the day turns into.

I didn´t feel like bread & omelette, and decided to have a bowl of mango instead. Updated my grocery delivery order to have 12 bags of mango, 12 bags of cherries, and 12 bags of pineapple. Having frozen fruit around at all times has been amazing for my weight loss, and all of these fruits also have anti-inflammatory properties. It feels like a lot of money but that amount of fruit is enough to last me the whole month.

I have a lot of pain in my finger joints. Once my nicotine spray runs out, I´m going to try and wean myself off it. "Pure" nicotine shouldn´t be inflammatory, but it´s a money sink, and I want to see if I can keep up my weight loss progress without the spray.

BOOYEAH went aqua jogging for 120 mins and it did wonders for my mood. I still have moderate joint pain in my hands. If I´m still very sore tomorrow, I´ll substitute the gym for another aqua jogging session or rest, depending on how I feel. I had my locker room protein shake, and at home I had a bowl of chicken soup and a handful of red licorice. Let Heikki out for a run. My shoulders and back are starting to show more and more muscle definition thanks to me shedding the winter/beer fluff. And despite my body not feeling at it´s peak functionality right now, it´s nice to look in the mirror and realize that I am FAR from lazy.

Tonight I plan to pull an all-nighter with the translation of the SMART Recovery Handbook. I have a Zoom chat about that at 9AM in the morning and while I know that some people think all-nighters are insanity, my autistic brain prefers them to slowly chipping away at a project. It´s simply much easier to do something in a big chunk of hyperfocused trance. I have read the handbook before and it´s been mulling in my brain for a couple of months. So let´s see how many pages I´ll get translated tonight. Gonna put the coffee pot on :D

Thank you, you lovely people :grouphug:

Having a snack of red licorice and making myself another cup of coffee. I´m having a lot of fun translating. To be honest, the original text is clunky as fuck. As per the translation agreement, I´m not allowed to change the content or the "spirit" of the original text, but I´ll be damned if that doesn´t give me wiggle room to make the translation easier to read. Participial phrases change neither the content, meaning, or the spirit of the original text but release the reader from the Hell of sentences that sprawl across half a page each.

OK my brain is getting tired now so I guess I´ll go brush my teeth and go lie down for a bit. I may be too caffeinated to sleep, but I need a break anyway. Five hours of translating is a proper achievement. Happy with what I have so far, and this is only the rought draft, perfecting the text comes later.

OH RIGHT I should probably eat lol. I'll go grab something.

I have missed challenging myself intellectually.

EDIT: dry rye bread with blue cheese & two microwaved weiners.

EDIT2 still a bit hungry so unless I fall asleep in 30 mins or so, I'll have my last portion of cabbage casserole

Last edited:
Great to hear you're enjoying the translation. I used to like translating stuff but these days I'm never sure about any language I use 🙈

Lunch: veggie soup with smoked tofu, chickpeas and chopped wieners for protein, two slices of rye bread with blue cheese, 300g of frozen mango.

Hands are giving me trouble. Burning joint pain that made it hard to chop veggies. Not severe pain, I´d say it´s maybe 4/10 but it makes my hands clumsy. Not long until the next doctor´s visit thankfully.

Thanks!

I think that today I´m going to take a double dose of my migraine prophylactic (it´s totally safe, the dose of the stuff when it was written for depression was 50mg when the migraine prophylactic dose is 10) in the hopes that I can sleep

A bowl of soup, 200g of cottage cheese, a banana.

Last edited:
I hope it works & you are able to sleep. Your sleep is so out of whack at the moment.
It really is. And I probably won't sleep too well tonight. I'm hyperalert and trying to rest in bed because it's at least easier on the body. This sucks

God EFFING DAMNIT. I have to pee every 20 mins and have restless feet. Might just as well get up, make breakfast, have coffee and take my meds.

Breakfast: a banana, wheat crackers, Brazil nuts, cashews.

EDIT added two boxes of these crackers and a bag of almonds (skin on) to my next months' grocery order. Eating something plain that takes no preparation effort and has a long shelf-life is a godsend in moments like this one.

Last edited:
Ok I slept from 9.30-13 which honestly isn't that bad

Back