Floater's diary

The doctor was a very kind and professional veiled lady, who referred me to a mammogram but warned that the lines are very long right now. She suggested I use my 6.4. appointment for this and not the referral to the genetics policlinic. I decided to call the secretary again and she'll send me an appointment if any come back. If I'm going to die from cancer, I need the truth about my biological parentage to be known before I croak, because justice depends on it.

I guess I'm in a bit of a shock because I can't remember if I said anything about the genetic testing here before but either way I'm gonna fix this and nothing will make me give up.

Even if you did have cancer at a stage where nothing could be done, which I highly doubt is statistically highly unlikely, you still wouldn't drop dead within hours, days, or even weeks, with no time to do anything else, so please stop that line of thought.

Thank you friend 💐

I had a salmon sandwich & coffee, and aqua jogged for 120 mins. I feel calm and happy now. I'm not too worried about the titty because a) the lymph nodes all seemed normal and b) exercise is the best antidote to catastrophic thoughts.

Had my locker room protein shake and am now heading home to make dinner 🥰

Had a snack of a two-egg omelette and gouda rye sandwich while waiting for my veggie and chickpea soup to be done. Now going to lie down for a minute while the flavors set, and have soup for dinner and a bowl of cherries for dessert.

EDIT the soup was great, I had no room for cherries after having it but I've had my daily fruit & veg for the day so all is well.

Last edited:
I wonder if I should eat or if I should just brush my chompers and try to sleep. I guess that´s preferable, as long as I won´t get hungry, because then I won´t sleep anyway.

OK sitting down and starting to write, my stomach gurgled and I realized I am hungry indeed and that´s probably the cause of my headache too lol.

Spaghetti with tuna & garlic. Ahh, heaven

Last edited:
I woke up at 8AM, didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep but they are about to change the clocks soon so I want to adjust my sleep cycle beforehand. Being outside the workforce, it's harmless that I usually wake up at 10AM in the wintertime (especially as I am most active in the evenings), but in the summertime that would mean waking up at 11AM and that's just too far away from the society's normal rhythm for me.

Breakfast: a bowl of chickpea & veggie soup, a bowl of pineapple.

The joint on my left thumb is swollen and sore. This has been going on for a while now and sometimes it´s hard to tell whether it´s weather-related or whatever it is. I try to not go into catastrophizing. Even if I´m on my way to developing rheumatoid arthritis, it´s not the end of the world and as long as I monitor the pain and keep up healthy habits and exercise, there are also options that could help with the pain, like finger braces and such.

Lunch: meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

EDIT: roasting vegetables for a silky pureed soup, containing cauliflower, zucchini, onion, garlic, celery, and two tetra packs of white beans. I´ll also use bulgur for carbs and a thicker consistency and leave the beans & bulgur whole, because IMHO soups that don´t require chewing at all tend to not be very filling. And I´ll either add in some tahini or oat cream for savoriness.

Last edited:
Please get that joint checked out if you can. I assume your thumb joints are as hypermobile as the rest of your joints and if they are it's important to learn how to stabilize them properly (ideally actively, but if necessary with a brace) while working with your hands (even if it's "just" chores or art) to avoid early arthrosis damage. If it's rheumatoid arthritis it's often helpful to start on meds before irreversible damage to the joint occurs.

Please get that joint checked out if you can. I assume your thumb joints are as hypermobile as the rest of your joints and if they are it's important to learn how to stabilize them properly (ideally actively, but if necessary with a brace) while working with your hands (even if it's "just" chores or art) to avoid early arthrosis damage. If it's rheumatoid arthritis it's often helpful to start on meds before irreversible damage to the joint occurs.
Yeah I pay attention to the position of my fingers. They are hypermobile and caused me a lot of pain when I still played the violin. Unfortunately, so far my attempts to get any help for my likely EDS have been completely fruitless. In Finland it's unfortunately considered an illness of "histrionic women" and in general is left untreated. The autism assistance personnel has noticed that my left thumb is swollen looking. Perhaps their word weighs more than mine. However, if I get referred to the genetics policlinic, I can bring this up there and they can test it, which is better to go to doctor after doctor and get told it's not severe enough to require treatment because I can walk, cook, and work out 😤

Had my protein shake in the locker room, now having veggie soup and rye bread with two-egg omelette and a bit of gouda. Going to go lie down for a minute after dinner.

Last edited:
Your joint is visibly inflamed and painful. Regardless of whether you mention your condition (probably better not if your doctors are assholes about serious health conditions) you still need treatment for that very specific and easily noticeable issue. But it absolutely does suck to have got used to medical personell being unhelpful and/or disrespectful. I kind of have the same problem with my skin and gut issues :censored:

Thanks, Llama. I´ll see what Ibuprofen and rest do. Sometimes it helps calm my joints down.

Pasta, tuna, garlic, and scallions.

Is it possible to get your thumb checked out at a GP clinic without mentioning anything else? I try to just see my doctor with just one thing so they can concentrate on it.

Is it possible to get your thumb checked out at a GP clinic without mentioning anything else? I try to just see my doctor with just one thing so they can concentrate on it.
Yeah of course, but the thumb is very low on my priority list right now. I wasn't planning to say anything about EDS anyway. The doctor would just look at it and tell me to take anti-inflammatory pain meds.

However, if I manage to convince the GP on April 6th to refer me to the genetics policlinic for a different thing (I can DM you about it, forum mom, but it's a very disturbing thing, so beware), the EDS thing has a decent chance to be looked into as well, so I'm just going to chill and rest this off and focus on the big picture.

Lunch was veggie soup. Dinner is a bowl of mango, and pasta with garlic, scallions, and gouda. I went grocery shopping and voted. Bought two grilled chicken legs, I´ll have them later once they have cooled in the fridge for easy separating the meat from the bone

Thank you for voting, even if it isn't even my country.

Back