Floater's diary

Look at you with all of your healthy food! I love that you're looking after yourself so well. Hope that migraine disappears & you can rest, rest, rest :)

Thanks forum mom 💐

The pasta was amazing. There's something about a plate of spaghetti before bed that just makes me feel so good (and helps me fall asleep easier). The pistachio oil had a much milder taste than I had thought but it was still nice, and fresh mild chili is incredible on pasta.

Ugh. Rest escapes me, I have horridly restless legs 😤

EDIT yup I can tell it's going to be a sleepless night. Time to take cherries out to thaw and watch Cunk on Eart on Netflix. I'll also take the minimum dose of slow release ADHD meds, because sometimes it paradoxically helps me fall asleep.

EDIT2 great, I think the snack & med might be helping. I'll try to sleep

Last edited:
I hope you're solidly asleep by now. The only times I get restless legs is when they're too tired, in which case elevating them even in bed helps after 30 minutes or so. My dad gets restless legs during planting season because he sits on a tractor for endless hours and it irritates his lower back. Do you know what causes yours?

Breakfast was veggie stew. Lunch is a banana and a bowl of pineapple. Anxiety is sky high. I hate that it´s a rest day today because working out would really help with this anxiety.

Cleaned Heikki´s cage and he was chilling on my bed and I gave him scritches and he peed a god damn puddle. Oh well, I was about to change the bed sheets today anyway. Washing the duvet and the bed cover as well isn´t that much bigger of a trouble really.

EDIT: took the boots I needed to return to the post, and went to the supermarket to buy some appetizing food to keep myself focused to the present. Had a 1/3 baguette sandwich with arugula, grilled pork, gouda chunks and pistachio oil, and two chocolate pralines.

I feel like I´m losing my mind. The anxiety is insane. Still ate though so that´s a plus.

Last edited:
Two ice cream mochi.

I need to lie down for a minute, and if I feel like I need to eat more, I'll have some baguette with avocado & cheese because the avocado is on it's last leg

Good news: I fell asleep pretty soon after lying down and woke up before my alarm, and these kinds of days are my favorite!

Breakfast: congee with corn, a fried egg, scallions, and avocado, a banana.

Gym was a-ma-zing! It was half empty, so I ended up working out for almost an hour, using all the equipment my little heart could ever desire. I rarely exercise that long at the gym but I was feeling my oats and kept the weights sensible, and it was a nice break of routine compared to my usual workouts. Had my locker room protein shake and one chocolate praline because why not.

After gym I popped by the church as I usually do, and used the women´s toilet there. Of course I was wearing a hoodie and my tacticool/cyberpunk winter coat, but an older lady took a long look, laughed, and said that she had thought for a second that she had been to the men´s toilet by accident. I took it as a compliment and walked home basking in the lovely spring sun.

At home I took a nice hot shower and moisturized my skin - I have made it my goal to moisturize my whole body after every time I shower. I want my skin to be in the best possible condition so my eventual surgery will have the best possible results. And it´s just this little thing I can do as self care.

Now having bucatini pasta with caramelized onion, tofu, and mushroom sauce with oat cream and garnished with scallions. I´ll have 200g of cottage cheese for dessert.

EDIT: nope, the cottage cheese will have to wait until snacktime, the past filled me right up :D

Last edited:
I participated in a Bible Study group, it was great. Next month I hope to be there in person, I was just too tired to walk back into the city center today after I had already been there for the gym.

Dinner: 200g of cottage cheese, 1/3 baguette with pistachio oil, a soft-boiled egg, gouda cheese, and arugula. A banana seconds away from spoiling for dessert. Heikki the chinchilla was a little menace during his out-of-the-cage exercise time and I needed to be hot on his tail to prevent him from gnawing at my houseplants. But he is adorable and so sweet.

Probably need to eat more before bed. I think I´ll have the rest 1/3 of the baguette, because by tomorrow it will be all gross and dry. I also need to eat more protein today. I have therapy at 12.15, so I need to leave at 11.30. I think I´ll have the last portion of mushroom and tofu sauce with some potatoes for breakfast. Need to prep my protein drink... I could prep the potatoes too but they are always best fresh so IDK. Only takes 20 mins to boil/steam those anyway.

Last edited:
I realized I just wasn´t hungry for carbs and probably won´t be today, so I peeled and halved some potatoes and put them in vinegar water in the fridge for mashed taters tomorrow, and prepped the remaining baguette into sandwiches with gouda and arugula in them. I´ll have them for breakfast with some tuna added in, but I won´t add the tuna until it´s time to eat them because I really dislike the taste of fridge-cold tuna. Also prepped my post workout drink for tomorrow and put the thermos in the fridge.

I´m super hungry for protein. Already had one boiled egg as a snack, will have one or two more depending on my hunger level, and hopefully I´ll get to sleep early!

EDIT: had two eggs and two Brazil nuts. Knackered, sleep beckons!

Last edited:
Your gym visit sounds good & the encounter with the older lady. Well done looking after your skin. I must make more of an effort or I'm going to start looking like a lizard, especially now that I am getting much more sun. Hope you get to sleep, Arvo xo

Thanks forum mom! I had the tuna, arugula & gouda baguette and it was just what the doctor ordered... Going to zzzzz now 🥰

OK. Sleep just won't come. I'll get up, make myself some coffee, and stop trying to sleep. Too many thoughts going on in my head.

I'm worried about plateauing but I KNOW I've eaten reasonably and exercised very dutifully. I have some hormonal stuff going on because my chesticles are feeling really sore and full. So I need to give it a week and not panic.

I ended up having a 1,5hr nap and felt like boiled shit, but made it to therapy and the session was very useful. Now having breakfast at the Indian buffet, after this it's church and aqua jogging time. I'll go easy, no sense going balls to the wall with my workout while sleep deprived.

Back