Floater's diary

Think of your adorable Heikki when you go for your appointment :beating:
Thanks forum mom, I promise I will!

Also, good news, I troubleshot about cage placement with a chinchilla guru and she said the place is fine as long as I keep the curtains shut at certain times and that means my adorable boy will keep me company during sleepless nights :3 Nera used to sleep in the foot of my bed and now Heikki will do the same :3

I had microwave fish soup for breakfast and as my migraine is over, I dared to try a short effect ADHD med. Feels fine so far.

I used to have a pet rat...so maybe similar to your little chinchilla? Not sure....She was such a love to have around though... Animals are such a great connection! I hope heikki can stay in your room and keep you company :)

There is no reason for you not to make a good impression at the psych clinic. Be the person we know. Be yourself :grouphug:
Guess what, forum mom and other friends? The appointment went SWIMMINGLY. The psych nurse was very professional, smart, and empathetic and we had good communication and chemistry. She was appalled about how I´ve been treated at the trans clinic and was clearly well versed in trauma-related subjects. Now we have a good battle plan and she´ll be present when I meet the psychiatrist in mid-September. She was respectful both about my trauma and my gender experience and had a sense of humor too.

When I got home, I walked to the supermarket to get myself a small bottle of whiskey and some snack salami to celebrate and got a hay ball/hay nest for Heikki because I wanted to share my joy with him. He was CHUFFED when I gave it to him and I'm so glad I moved his cage to the foot of my bed because it´s so relaxing to watch him go about his business from the comfort of my own bed. He really seems excited about the change of scenery too.

When he got tired of playing with his new toy, I made myself the grossest late lunch ever: three pollock fillets just fried on the pan, slapped some soy sauce on them, ate it - tasted like cat food but I have been eating way too little protein lately so on the other hand I almost enjoyed it? Lol. Dessert was three slices of cheese and two snack salami. I promise I´ll eat my carbs ad veg today too but I was starving! And Heikki didn´t seem to mind the smell from my "cooking", so that´s a plus too.
I used to have a pet rat...so maybe similar to your little chinchilla? Not sure....She was such a love to have around though... Animals are such a great connection! I hope heikki can stay in your room and keep you company :)
Rats are adorable and in many ways similar to chinchillas. Chinchillas are more stubborn though, I hear, and not as cuddly. But I can appreciate Heikki´s drive for independence lol.

A great day.

So glad to hear you finally met a decent healthcare worker again! Wonderful to have an extra, qualified advocate in your corner.

I couldn't sleep so I made autumn's first batch of egg drop soup. It was great. As the individual portions for later are cooling down on the countertop, suddenly I'm so tired. Magic of cooking!

Today I´m not allowed to take antiemetics - the max days you can have them in a row is 5. Egg drop soup for breakfast, and my ADHD meds. Assistance will come over in 30 mins and we´ll try to log in to my e-bank to ask for a year more off-payment time for my student loan.

Ughhhhh I'm SO RESTLESS, must have walked 15 km, I just can't hold still. I came home to tend to Heikki and let him run. I had planned a 45min playtime but he went back to his cage after 25. Even with the AC on full blast, the weather is intolerably hot and humid like a weighted blanket.
I hope it won't be too bad. :grouphug:
Thanks @liza3 ! I think I'll just disregard the recommendations and have another antiemetic because fasting now would only make things worse. 5 days or 6 days in a row is not as if I'm horridly abusing my meds.

Fingers crossed for cooler weather. Mugginess is gross even without a migraine.
Yeah. I pretty much felt like horse in pain, pacing around. Thank GOD the antiemetic+ibuprofen+paracetamol combo worked, kept my food down, am now drinking water and taking table salt flakes every 30 mins. Can't miss therapy tomorrow!!

During this painful night I have Heikki for company. I have now decided that as he has the "Perfect" model cage (2 stories), I'll get him a "Perfect Maxi" (3 stories) and attach the two cages together with wires (safely of course). It will give him ample space and will fit in my living space just fine, almost as a space divider. Also a savvy choice as a Perfect Maxi only costs 120€ in Finland and I can still utilize the old cage. Watching him really gives me solace. And imagining his future palace is like a caravan serai on my pain journey. He sure loves apple tree sticks.

Update: the Perfect cage series is no longer in production so I either have to thrift for one or dish out money for a brand new 3-story Critter Nation. Both options have merit. Luckily, lil man is safe and comfy in his current dwelling so there's no rush.

I didn't sleep a wink so I got up early to clean up and let Heikki run. I was on edge and he was in a bratty mood. By the time I got him back to his cage, I was sweating bullets. But now everything's in order so I can just rest when I get home from therapy.

I'm in full meltdown. Therapy today was absolute shit (not my therapists' fault) and my bank told me the absolute limit of student loan payment pause is until January.

I. Am. Fucked. My budget allows zero wiggle room as is, having to pay 120€ per month to the bank is a catastrophe to put it mildly.

Back