Floater's diary

Long story short, went to the ER today in excruciating pain, turns out I have migraine, so many puzzle pieces clicked, still in some pain but mostly relieved on a way deeper level (a reasonable explanation for long term issues that made me think I'm "crazy", and with cheap and easy treatment options too), and Heikki was a darling today. Nausea is too bad still to eat anything and I gotta wait until August to be able to get the prescribed meds (prescription paracetamol, ibuprofen and nausea meds) but OTC Ibuprofen is my friend until then. I'll keep a migraine diary and some day I'll find some combo of lifestyle changes and meds to be more functional. 🥰

It's always better to have an answer to a problem. I have never had a migraine, but have seen G suffer with them. Someone told us that if you drink the juice of one lemon, neat when you feel one coming on it may thwart it & it worked a few times for him. Thankfully he is no longer under the stress he used to be so hasn't had one for years. I hope you find that balance one day & can live a more contented life :grouphug:

Finally managed to eat: pasta, marg, cheese and Marmite. Nothing to write home about but this was what my nausea allowed me to have and maybe I could sleep a bit

Breakfast: congee with marg and plenty of salt. My sense of taste is still off but this is unassuming enough that I can eat it without issues

There are so many worse breakfasts... Glad you managed to eat.
Me too! The amount of salt I'm craving is creeping me out though lol. I ate half a spoonful of Marmite while almost shaking like a junkie, and decided to test how Marmite "tea" would taste. My electrolyte balance is probably off. As the very solution-oriented person that I am, I've been burrowing into a migraine information rabbit hole and it really helps me stand this motherfracking residual headache!

Heating up lentil stew with pollock. Headache is still here but tolerable. A friend came over and we had a walk (I'm super tired, I feel like I have a bad hangover almost) and I let Heikki out to play and my friend gave him a whole dried dandelion leaf as a snack :D I have a feeling like there are ants crawling all around my skin and my mouth feels numb. Funny: I have had these sorts of sensations before but always thought they were just "panic attacks", but I'm not panicked or anxious at all, just unusually tired, so most likely these are after effects of a migraine episode. Puzzle pieces are truly coming together...!

Dear god the pain is getting worse, I think it's because it feels like there's a storm coming in. If I turn my head quickly, it feels like I'm getting stabbed in the temple. As I can't take any more OTC ibuprofen today, and I don't have any muscle relaxants or anything, I asked my ex if he'd be up for a stroll and a quick vape. My sense of smell feels extremely heightened to the point I can SMELL MY LAPTOP, and noises feel extra loud too. There's also a numbness in my jaws and neck as if I had drank something sticky and it had spilled out of my mouth, a truly bizarre sensation.

Now, of course, tonight is the last night I can use this natural herbal remedy as the psychiatrist is coming up and I want to have a 14-day safety window just in case he wants to test me for drugs. But if I get rid of this pain even for just tonight, or if I can alleviate it for even just a tiny bit, that'd be a win in my books...

Thank god it worked. I ate polenta with onion, spinach, and cheese. PROUD of what I managed to eat despite the pain. Feeling hopeful for the future!

Breakfast: soba noodles with garlic, scallions, oil, and soy sauce. Super simple and super lovely. I'm also making a big batch of beluga lentil stew. My headache is gone - the weed worked! - still some soreness/stiffness in my neck and back but that's fine.

FUCK, I tok my ADHD med and I can feel it triggered another migraine... Let's pray this one will pass quicker...

800mg of Ibuprofen seemed to kill the attack in the bud. I also slammed down a liter of water which probably helped somewhat too.

Lunch: tomato-based beluga lentil and black bean stew with pollock.

Phew! I did a big cleanup, washed the floors and did laundry and repotted some plants. Now I only need to change the bedsheets and then it's time to let Heikki out to play and mess everything up again 😂😂😂

Dinner: mango and pomegranate seeds for a starter, and a bowl of pasta with beluga lentil stew, tuna, and cheese.

My mom had bad migraines and dehydration was the one thing that would _for sure_ trigger one.

Back