*final* 10 -15 lbs club

I'm in! I still have 10-15 pounds that seem to be holding onto dear life. My excuse is seperation anxiety lol. It's great to be soo close to a goal, especially if it took a ton of hard work to get here. I's be happy with just losing a solid 8 pounds, but 15 would be terrific.

I'm stuck between 134-137 right now, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to get in the 120's...so that's where I'm headed!

Has anyone checked out Jillian Michaels' book "Making the Cut?"

I checked it out from the library, but I was wondering if anyone has actually applied the principles outlined in the book and seen great results.

Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and ... - Google Book Search

I'm not looking for magical, overnight, no effort tricks - but I just started a new job and have been so busy (excuses, excuses!), so I haven't actually been able to look at the book and start applying it to my own life/workout routine.

Welcome to *hell. Nice to meet you!

*Hell: last 10-15 pounds

haha nicely called

yeah I am on my last 12-15 lbs and I have been going up and down but overall I am loosing just has been really sloooooow. :banghead:
might have to do some weight lifting to speed up the process lol, just can't wait to get into a normal bmi stage. :drool5:

Hey! I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a pen-pal type of thing. I want to lose 10 pounds and I am about to spend 5 months in argentina, the land of steak, pasta, and good wine. Basically, I know that an e-mail penpal would be a great way for me to stay focused, as we can share moments of success and reach for support when we're feeling weak. I just know I'd stick with checking and responding to e-mails while abroad as opposed to a forum.
I can also share great things about a life in Argentina! I'd love some help reaching my goal!

Coming back from lapse, for the last time

So I am 157 and 5 10''. 10-15 pounds is where my goal lies. I came closer to it recently, but lost motivation and fell back to the 157. I am determined to get these last pounds off, even with my new environment looming up ahead! If anyone would like to be e-mail buddies, I'd love the connection and more one-on-one motivation.
Good luck to all!!

So I am 157 and 5 10''. 10-15 pounds is where my goal lies. I came closer to it recently, but lost motivation and fell back to the 157. I am determined to get these last pounds off, even with my new environment looming up ahead! If anyone would like to be e-mail buddies, I'd love the connection and more one-on-one motivation.
Good luck to all!!

Ha I studies abroad in Rome for a semester...nothing but pizza, pasta, gelato and wine. I managed to lose a good five pounds because I walked EVERYWHERE all the time. Keep up the exercise and I'm sure you'll do great! That is going to be so awesome.

Ill join the club. It took me about 2 yrs to lose 60 - 7- lbs...My metabalism was soaring...after a couple months of reaching my weightloss goal of 115 I just got plan lazy.......Gotta me moving so I can lost those last 10 - 15 lbs. (Being short my range is like 96 -119lbs)

I'm in! New to this forum. I'm not looking to lose a specific amount of weight, but, rather, looking to be back down to the size I've been all my life. My destination: size 2! I was still a size 2 when I got remarried three years ago at the age of 42. But things have changed since then. I've dropped three sizes since June, two more to go! I don't care what I weigh if I look and feel good. I definitely had more energy before the weight came. I started walking a couple of months ago. Was up to four miles a day but started having a problem with consistency. Maybe this forum with help with motivation.

Finally!! Ive been reading through all these different threads trying to find people who are only trying to lose 10-20 pounds! I really can't relate with the huge weight loss goals, and its such a slower process when trying to lose a smaller amount of weight. Im about 5'4 and 138 -140 pounds. I would like to be 120-125. I was about 130 a year ago, and going away to college I definitely gained the freshman 15 (ish)! I need to lose this weight before summer!

i hear ya wacky

i have ti agree with you wacky. a while ago i was losing weight like crazy i used to excercie like 5 days a week about 1 hr or so per day...but latley i barley excercise at all. i got ta get movin gain.

I have been hovering at 115 for a bit now. I'm on the last 10, I figure. My goal is to be 105, if possible. I'll settle for 110. Before anyone jumps on me about mental health issues please take into consideration that I'm only 5 feet tall and have a small frame.

I'm doing Power 90, and my measurements are changing. I only hope the number on the scale will follow... just in a downward trend.

I thought that I would join you since I am now in my last 15 pounds.

I am not sure whether I will bother going down to the goal weight currently on my ticker as it was a lowest estimate that I did when I was a lot bigger based on what I weighed when I was aged 18. I am 48 years old and my shape has changed so I may start to look gaunt before I get down that low. People are making comments that I should stop soon!!!

I have got to the stage where I would like my wedding ring to fit and it doesnt yet. I also have four skirts from when I was young that I would love to be able to wear again. These things in many ways now matter more to me than the number on the scales.

Everyone always says that the last few pounds are the hardest - so I actually joined a slimming group a little over a month ago - even though I had already lost quite a lot of weight. I am hoping that this helps me get through this last bit of weight and acts as a sanity check regarding my goal weight. I am also looking to them for support through maintenance - which I anticipate being a major problem in itself.

10 to go, but it won't budge

I've lost over 30 pounds and have about 10 left before I reach my target weight. But I can't seem to get rid of it. I exercise daily - a mix of interval training, weightlifting, and pilates. I eat well and maintain a fairly low caloric intake - a very healthy diet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good/healthy way to lose the last 10 pounds? Is it because I've added weight training and may be building muscle mass now? Any help will be appreciated!

I've lost over 30 pounds and have about 10 left before I reach my target weight. But I can't seem to get rid of it. I exercise daily - a mix of interval training, weightlifting, and pilates. I eat well and maintain a fairly low caloric intake - a very healthy diet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good/healthy way to lose the last 10 pounds? Is it because I've added weight training and may be building muscle mass now? Any help will be appreciated!

Things that I would be checking are:
- Is your calorie intake as low as you think? It can be easy to be inaccurate with your measuring. Weigh everything when working out the calories for a week and see how that works.
- Is weightloss still happening - just a lot slower? Have you been tracking your weight through your project? Are there any cyclical peaks and troughs? My own weightloss is skewed by water retention due to TOM.
- As your weight becomes less - 1% that you could hope to lose becomes less. Also the amount of calories that you burn becomes less so you need to reduce the calories that you eat or exercise more for the same effect.
- Are you doing enough cardio to lose weight? Pilates is great for toning which you will want - but cardio burns the calories.
- Dont just weigh yourself but take measurements too - maybe every two weeks. The scales may not show a reduction but if you are gaining in muscle to balance the fat you are losing - you will see a difference in the measurements.
- If it is ten pounds that you want to lose - why not buy an item of clothing that is just a little bit tight for your current size. This neednt be too expensive as there are some great bargains to be had in supermarket chains and charity shops. Many people find that the scales do not change but they can suddenly get into a smaller size of clothing. It really makes you feel good about the value of the hard work that you are putting in.

Last edited:
I have about 5kg/11lb to go. The problem is I still have the man boobs and I feel fat, yet I have a healthy BMI.

The last kg's seem to be the hardest.

I have about 5kg/11lb to go. The problem is I still have the man boobs and I feel fat, yet I have a healthy BMI.

The last kg's seem to be the hardest.

Shannon - I wonder whether it is worth asking Steve if there are exercises that could improve your man boob situation. I know that they say that you cannot force fat removal at a certain place through exercise - but maybe if you encouraged muscle development there it would look more like how you would like it to look. Try sending him a PM. He often seems happy to help people that he has seen put in a lot of effort as you have.

Back