Weight-Loss Feb Diet Challenge (2018)

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniquest

Hello!

A few of us in the diary section have decided to launch a diet challenge for Feb, but anyone is welcome to join!

Challenge starts Feb 1. Challenge ends at stroke of midnight March 1st. :D

This challenge is focused exclusively on diet. You can set a calorie goal for the month, day, or week. You can follow a diet plan, like keto, Mediterranean, Weight Watchers, etc. You can make it all about Macros. You can even remove certain items from your diet for the month, like refined sugar, gluten, etc. As long as it is diet related, it's all good.

Some ideas you can implement into your challenge plan:

* Planning ahead for cheat meals via calorie counts or specific dates. Of course, things come up spontaneously - so having a plan is always helpful!
* Weighing and measuring foods.
* Tracking what you eat.
* Trying new healthy recipes.
* So many servings of fruits/veggies
*Drinking water

--Those are just a few ideas. Feel free to get creative and make this diet challenge your own!

Finally, this is not a weight-loss challenge. Many of us are wanting to lose a few pounds, of course, but this challenge is more for focusing on changing old eating habits for new, healthier ones. If you want to track your weight, that's fine, just keep in mind this challenge is really about diet. If we all lose at the end, great! But if we all make long-lasting changes to our diets that will improve our health in the long run - even better!!!

Let's get started. Post your challenge plan by replying. Check in or update as regularly as you can!

Last edited:
Ok, so I will go first ...

Main Goals:
1. My main goal is to eat 1350 cals a day Feb 1 - Feb 28. The cals can consist of anything I want. The lesson to be learned here is moderation.
2. I will be tracking all calories with MFP.
3. I will be weighing meats and measuring everything, including sauces, cream for coffee, oils, etc.
4. I will post my MFP daily report for calorie intake to stay accountable.

Mini-goals:
1. Try one new healthy recipe per week.
2. Eat at least one serving of FRESH fruit and veggies each day
3. Keep carbs below 100 grams on M-W-F

Planned Cheats:
1000 extra calories total for the entire month however I want to use them. It can be a one time deal or I can split it up into two 500 calorie cheats, or 250 calories each week. At any rate, I have 1000 free calories if something comes up or I have PMS. :smilielol5:

Good luck with the challenge!

My main goals:
1. No soda through the entire month of February
2. Eat below 2,000 calories a day with exception of one cheat day per week not to exceed 2500 calories
3. Quit eating the gigantic chocolate chip muffins from the work cafeteria for breakfast. I do not need that much sugar, even if it fits in my calories for the day.

Awesome stuff, Jenni. 1,350 calories per day is an impressive goal.

Love the "no soda" and no "gigantic c.c. muffins", Cory.

YOU GUYS GOT THIS!!!

My (more modest) goals:

1. 56,000 calories for the month of February. If my math is correct, that's an average of 2,000 calories per day which is slightly below my BMR.
2. Fastidiously keep track and accurately record daily caloric intake.
3. No beer, no hard drinks and no more than 3 glasses of wine in any single day for the month (did I mention my goals were "modest").

Excited to start tomorrow. Friday is going to be HARD....

Great goals peeps! This is going to be fun and motivational!

Cory - those muffins are from the devil himself, I swear! They have some at my grocery store bakery and my daughter always wants them!
B-Lo - I'm with you on #2! The weekends are most challenging for me when the family is around and eating pizza, lol.

I would like to amend my calorie goal. Unfortunately, I can't edit the post anymore. So I'll just amend it here: I'm changing it to 1500 cals day with a 2,000 cal surplus to be used at my discretion. I just think the 1350 is too low, and I want a goal I feel I can stick to and accomplish.

Good for you. 1,500 sounds much better.

I just found out that my family is sharing a cabin with a Boozehound (and a great guy) and his family for 2 nights in Whistler next week. This is going to be HARD... but this is exactly the type of things I've got to change...

Good for you. 1,500 sounds much better.

I just found out that my family is sharing a cabin with a Boozehound (and a great guy) and his family for 2 nights in Whistler next week. This is going to be HARD... but this is exactly the type of things I've got to change...

Your first serious hurdle. But think how easy it seem after you jump it? You can do this!

Shake for breakfast - 400
Poke bowl for lunch - no rice or crab filling - 475
Salmon filet with Brussel sprouts -550
2 left over prawns for snack - 150

Tomorrow will jump, big time

Wishing both of you luck. You've both got some extra challenges here.

I met all my goals yesterday! Ate under 2,000, no soda, and no giant muffin.

I was at goal yesterday, but it wasn't the most nutritious day, lol. I ate cookies and Doritos, but I did stay under 1500! I'm hormonal and craving sweets/salt. I'll try to eat less processed stuff next week when things settle down. Hope everyone stays strong this weekend!

Hi guys, checking in. Superbowl weekend proved to be more than I could handle. Let's put it this way - I have no more extra cals this month. Doing 1500 today and not a calorie more!

Aw man. I'm really new so it's probably too late for me to join in on this one, lol. I can't wait to see how everyone did! I would love to join a challenge like this for March 2018. Good luck everyone. I'm gonna go watch this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back