Featherweight club !

Magalo

Hi everyone !
You are short, small-boned, young ?

This is a topic for all the featherweight (about 120 pounds or less, or AIMING for 120 pounds or less).

In the low-weight range, it's harder and harder to lose weight ! So here we are to support each other. Share your stats, weight loss, inches lost, stories, goals, pictures ! Whatever you want ! :hurray:

I don't really feel at the right place where people says "I've lost 60 pounds..." and things like that. So here's a topic for us featherweights.

:grouphug:

So I'm 5"3, currently about 104 pounds. I'm small-boned and petite. I love my shape while I'm losing weight, but when I gain weight, my waist get all large (29 inches at 120 pounds wtf !) and my thighs get enormous. I dislike this a lot haha. My body get more and more shapely when I'm thinner.

My stats are 31-24.5-34 ! (bust-waist-hips) And my thighs are 19 inches. It's definetly my biggest obsession. I weight myself almost every day too.

I wish success to all of you !

I don't really feel at the right place where people says "I've lost 60 pounds..." and things like that. So here's a topic for us featherweights.

So I'm 5"3, currently about 104 pounds. I'm small-boned and petite. I love my shape while I'm losing weight, but when I gain weight, my waist get all large (29 inches at 120 pounds wtf !) and my thighs get enormous. I dislike this a lot haha. My body get more and more shapely when I'm thinner.

My stats are 31-24.5-34 ! (bust-waist-hips) And my thighs are 19 inches. It's definetly my biggest obsession. I weight myself almost every day too.​

I'm 17 ! I was 120 lbs at my fattest and I want to weight 100 pounds (I'm 103 right now). Yes it's only vanity since I wasnt overweight, I'm doing it just to feel better about my body.:) I'm 5"3 ! I fixed goal measurements too.:)

I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you have a realistic body image of yourself. I can see this thread going in several different directions. Not all of them are good.

Oh and "I've lost 60 pounds" by the way......^_~*winks

I always had a great body image and I still have it ! :)

Why do you say this thread is going in a bad direction ? I'm really tired of all the overweights yelling at "eating disorders" each time someone want to lose weight if they're under 140 pounds... and that's why I'm making a topic for us, you know, those who didnt weight 280 pounds in the beginning. We can refers to each other instead of refering to people that are absolutely not in the same boat as us. There is a 120' thread, a 160' thread and a 300' thread. So why a 120 pounds and less would be not as good as the other ?

I always had a great body image and I still have it ! :)

Why do you say this thread is going in a bad direction ? I'm really tired of all the overweights yelling at "eating disorders" each time someone want to lose weight if they're under 140 pounds... and that's why I'm making a topic for us, you know, those who didnt weight 280 pounds in the beginning. We can refers to each other instead of refering to people that are absolutely not in the same boat as us. There is a 120' thread, a 160' thread and a 300' thread. So why a 120 pounds and less would be not as good as the other ?

Please remain respectful. Us "over weights" aren't picking on anyone.
Magalo I think you really need to calm down. I never mentioned an eating disorder. I said that I can see this thread going in several different directions. However I do believe that it could attract some interesting comments because of the subject alone.

Just to be clear: My goal weight is actually 120....

I'm really calm ? I didnt meant to sound rude. Actually my maternal language is french and I'm not as good in english that I'm in french, specifically about sounding rude, joyful, neutral or whatever. I don't see where you saw the rudeness.

And by saying ''going in several directions [none all of them are good]", what can you point out if you werent talking about eating disorders. It was DIRECTLY toward this.

And yes majority of "overweights" are picking on skinnier people. A lot more than skinnier picking on overweight people.

So I'm 5"3, currently about 104 pounds. I'm small-boned and petite

Your BMI is 18.2. That suggests you're underweight. I wouldn't go expecting much support on this forum for further weight loss.

Put bluntly, you sound like you could have an eating disorder.

Put bluntly, you sound like you could have an eating disorder.

I especially HATE these. How can you judge somebody behing your screen ? I eat 1200 to 1500 cals a day. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I never had a (curse removed) eating disorders, my friend had one and this was the worst disease I've ever seen. How can you even had the GUTS to make such an insulting statement like this when you are FAR from knowing me. This is not a disease you could laugh about, and judge people about. Its like if I was saying to you "Hey, you really look like you have cancer". This is STUPID. And insulting. I've always supported healthy eating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I welcome you on this site but the attitude needs to dial down. The insults and the cursing will not be allowed here. Both of you raised valid points but you have to be able to communicate that without insults or curses.

As far as the points made here, Understand that there are very few people here at that range..most of us are overweight or maintaining. The fact is you are considered underweight. I hope that you wish to remain here and encourage others..but when many people here are trying to lose almost as much weight as you currently weigh..can you see how trying to have a group who are trying to lose weight as underweight comes off to us? It's a difficult rope you are walking with this, I hope you can do it.

Last edited:
I appreciate your neutrality.

This post is more directed toward smaller people, especially women. When you fall 5"3 and under, 120 lbs and under are a great range to be healthy and thin. I can take my sister as an exemple. She's 4"11, and she lately hit the 125 lbs mark... wich is in the overweight range. Her waist at the smallest is currently 31" inches around... More than half her height ! She's inactive and unhealthy. So even if 125 lbs sound light for most people, it's actually overweight for some. That's how I see it.

And for my weight, I actually decided this goal no matter what the BMI say. And I find it awful to give up on the few last pounds ? I actually feel good at this weight, even if I'm still trying to get to my goal. If my body don't want, fine ! But I still want to give it a try.

While I don't think there are many members here in the same boat as you, I see no reason why you couldn't try to see with this club. I wish you luck in finding others :)

Well.. I find this thread interesting. My wife is Italian, 5-0, and weighs currently 94 pounds... she is "lean" at 88 pounds, that is her "skinny" weight... at 88 pounds she looks fantastic.. not in a anorexic model way, but in a great, slim, toned type of way, the way that many other people on this site want to look (myself included), so I understand the challenge that Magalo faces. BMI by the way is just ludacris for someone that is petite. My wife is "supposed" to weight 120 according to BMI.... if she was 120, she would look visibly more obeese than I did at my highest weight.

Basically, I understand your motivation Magalo, and the desire to get down in weight. I am sure you look great @ the current weight, but to get that skinny look you need to lose a few more. Like Jericho pointed out, you are a minority (in size and weight), so you just might have a hard time getting a "club" together.. I will wish you luck though, and I hope some others come along!

Well I think my point was a bit misunderstood. To show that there are no hard feelings, I'll be the first member to join the feather-weights.

I'm 5'3"
My goal is to be 120lbs

Actually, when I was going to try Cohens, they told me that my ideal weight was around 110lbs. But I don't know about that. So which ever it is that I like best and still feel healthy, that's where I'll maintain.

Hello Feather-Weights.

Welcome to the forum hun. At 5'10 I don't think I'll ever get to 120 or under but wanted to stop by and show some support.
People (myself included) can be quick to jump to the eating disorder argument for skinny people just the same way overweight people are often judged for being "comfort eaters". But you know whether or not you're being healthy and you seem to be doing fine. My little sister is small-boned and TINY but she eats more than anyone I know :p

Welcome x

My little sister is small-boned and TINY but she eats more than anyone I know :p

My little sister was the same way! She was able to stay so thin while eating whatever she wanted. She was also able gain muscle quickly (like me) and it wouldn't take her much effort to get a 6 pack. But, since she's had a baby that's all changed a little. Now she actually has to watch her weight.

I lost 2lbs this week. So that's good.

I have a friend like this too. She's the same height as me (5"3) and she usually weight around 95 lbs, eating whatever she wants. Her mother make family-dinner that are really rich, they eat dessert at EACH meal and she stay so skinny ! She's not bony though, just like really petite. She have a great womanly shape, but smaller everwhere. She's really cute, she can wear everything !

She gave me an American Apparel romper recently. I absolutely LOVE rompers. It's so hard to wait to summer to wear rompers ! It isnt too tight for me to wear it, but if I eat a lot we can see my belly bump haha. I love the kiddy look it give me.

I discovered something this week. I tried to lower my intake to see how my body react. And the reaction ? I GAINED weight. I was pissed XD The days after I ate normally and I lost the weight. How can you gain weight on lower intakes and LOSE it after ? I though I'll have to diet at least a few days more to lose it again. Weird !

I have a friend like this too. She's the same height as me (5"3) and she usually weight around 95 lbs, eating whatever she wants. Her mother make family-dinner that are really rich, they eat dessert at EACH meal and she stay so skinny ! She's not bony though, just like really petite. She have a great womanly shape, but smaller everwhere. She's really cute, she can wear everything !

She gave me an American Apparel romper recently. I absolutely LOVE rompers. It's so hard to wait to summer to wear rompers ! It isnt too tight for me to wear it, but if I eat a lot we can see my belly bump haha. I love the kiddy look it give me.

I discovered something this week. I tried to lower my intake to see how my body react. And the reaction ? I GAINED weight. I was pissed XD The days after I ate normally and I lost the weight. How can you gain weight on lower intakes and LOSE it after ? I though I'll have to diet at least a few days more to lose it again. Weird !

Sometimes it's like that when people are younger. They can eat whatever they want. But for some people, it starts to catch up to them LOL They gain weight as they get older but by then they are still in the habit of eating so much.

I had to look up what a romper was. It's kinda cute.

I read that you tried to eat 800 calories a day and then you gained. Yea, that's a lesson learned the hard way.

Yeah I tried like, 1 day haha. Actually I wasnt hungry I just chose the right things... but it still gave bad results. My body protested XD

I'm 26, 5'7.5 & my goal weight is 120lbs (CW: 136lbs). At 120lbs, my ribs aren't showing but my stomach is completely toned & I feel comfortable in my clothes.

When I was 22, I dropped to 110lbs. I didn't have a car & I had to walk about an hour everyday over really hilly terrain. I was also depressed about a relationship so I wasn't eating enough. I didn't realize how much weight I had lost until I saw the look in my family's eyes when they picked me up from the airport. 110lbs was scary for me - you could see my back-bone when I took my shirt off. And my energy level was really low too.

I understand standard BMI doesn't work for everyone - 136lbs should be perfect for a 5'7.5 woman but my frame is so small that I have 15lbs of fat pads all over me right now (it's gross). But the healthy range of someone in my height is between 118-151lbs & the 118lbs takes into account people who are very small-boned like me.

But at 100lbs, your BMI would be 17.7 - even taking small frame into account, 17.7 BMI is probably too low when the healthy minimum is 18.5.

At 104lbs & 5'3, you sound perfect for a small-boned girl because you're right at the absolute healthy minimum. The healthy BMI range for your height is between 104lbs - 140lbs.

I wouldn't say anything if you were eating like your friend. But you said you are obsessed with your weight & checking scales all the time - you are here on a dieting website when you're already small. These are all bad signs & point towards eating disorders.

I don't know if you will find someone here who is willing to support you in doing this.

Last edited:
I already wrote my point about all this.

I'm on dieting forums most of it because I like seeing the before-after, people being happy achieving their goals, not seeking for advices and things to help you lose weight at all.

I also look at surgery website because I find it fascinating. And I would never want a surgery on myself.

Last edited:
I don't agree with you trying to lose weight but at least you're here on this website looking at before & after pictures of people getting healthy & not on some sick pro-anorexia website.

Daily recommended food intake for a woman is 2000 cal. At 1200-1500 cal you're under-eating by 5600-3500 calories a week - that means you're under-eating by 2.75-1.75 days every week.

I know there are people on this site who are eating 1200 cal or lower a day. But most of those people have 50-100lbs to loose so it makes sense for them to control their intake so much. It doesn't make sense at all for you.

If you're worried about flab or fat, exercise more - run, join your school team, go bicycling with your friends. You'll get nice & toned & you won't have to worry about your weight or the scale or your food so much.

Back