Exercise Club

good work monster :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Monster again.

feeling really good

Deadlifts 3X10
BB Shrugs 3 X 10
Seated Rows 3X10
One Arm DB rows 3 X 10
Dynamic squats 10 X 1 (got airborne on each one) :D specifically working the ATP energy system.

30 minutes treadmill 7 incline just under anaerobic threshold :)

Just had a thought- would you be willing to make a youtube video on the Users of WLF channel on the generalities of weight training, how to start/ what to look at to figure out how to start, and what kind of benefits (less muscle loss/ psychological benefits etc) people should expect to see? (Stuff like you've done for me- full body workout, work within a certain number of reps at a certain percentage of one lift maximum, etc) All the videos so far are entirely or almost entirely on nutrition, and while they're good, it'd be great to get some more exercise perspective in there. (And another Australian voice!)

woohoo heading off to the gym in a few mins, ive started adding more toning work to my gym session doing squats and v sits some trunk twists really starting to notice the difference my thighs are looking good and toned =D
might also be done to more resistance training durning spin sessions
so tonight 30min spin plus 20mins cardio on cross trainer
4x squats reps of ten
4x vsit 7kg medicine ball
x reps of plank 20secs each
cant wait i love gyming it! xx

Well Done Bexxx :)

Due to having to miss training yesterday, today was a double session on weights which is ok since I am still on the light weights at the start of the new training cycle.

Squat 3X10 @ 62.5kg
Hamstring Raises 3X10 (vest)
Calf Raises 3X10 @ 120 kg
Hyperextensions 3 X 10 @ 20 kg
Dynamic Deadlift 10 X 1 @ 62.5 kg
Bench Press 3 X 10 @ 42.5
Floor Press 3 X 10 @ 50 kg
DB Bench 3 X 8 @ 20 kg
Incline Bench 3 X 10 @ 42.5 kg
Biceps (preacher) 10 @ 30 kg, 8 @ 32.5, 6 @ 35, 4 @ 37.5 kg

Cardio Climber 60 minutes, 823 calories, 1670 stands

I'm taking advantage of the gym while I can before my membership expires :( (there's no economical way of keeping on going between the expiry and me going back to Australia)

I warmed up for 3 min (increasing intensity) then stretched. Then upper body workout- 3x12 benchpresses (5kg), 3x12 static row (setting 3, not sure what that means but it's appropriately hard), 3x12 close-ish hand pushups (girl pose, as in leaning on my knees, on dumbells- first time I've ever completed a full set and I'm thrilled. Couldn't get down very far but progress is progress), 3x12 lateral raises (3kg), 3x12 bicep curls (5kg), 3x12 tricep kickbacks (5kg). Then, for the hell of it, 3x12 squats (leaning against an exercise ball leaning against the wall- 5kg), 3x8 straight leg straight back hamstring raises (7.5kg). Then 25 min on the cross trainer (hard hill setting, resistance 8), and 50 (new record) lengths of the pool (total swim 850 metres). Then- not planned- a few hours later I needed to get a bus, saw one coming and sprinted about 200m flat out. I'm particularly pleased about this because running is my bugbear (due to my weak knees) and I did it without being puffed or experiencing any knee pain :D

good work amy :)

assuming your gym works mostly in metric then usually each plate on the row type machines is about 5 kg but the staff should be able to tell you. Great effort with those pushups :)

im so excited today guys joined a new gym which is bigger and better(and more cost effective) gonig for my first workout and its so much nicer there just the atmosphere is self motivating.
good luck with your 5k run too
xx

I'm about to go to the gym and see if I can swim half a mile again like I did the other day. The big fancy aquatic centre here has cheapish student entrance prices so I might do that when my gym membership expires (less than a week :( ) until I can join again.

Did weights and swimming.

Warmup- 6 min on treadmill, most of time at brisk 7.5km/hour walk, 1 min at 10km/hour run (counted time increased and decreased from 10km as part of walk time, run was 61 seconds), on a slight incline.

Weights- 3x12 in all instances (except one leg exercises, then 3x24). 5kg unless otherwise stated.

Squats with back against exercise ball and exercise ball against wall. Straight back straight leg deadlift (3x12, 7.5kg). Calf extensions. Side lunges. Exercises with medium resistance band (two sets of these- both with the band tied to my working foot. One was with me standing on the band with my not working foot and pulling my working foot out as far as I could, the other was with the other end of the band tied to something and my working foot crossing over the front of my not working foot. Both 3x12). Planks (side, front, other side, and front for a set, held each for 40 seconds. 3 sets of those).

Then I went to the pool and swam 75 laps (17m pool- 1.275km or about 3/4 mile) of leisurely-moderate freestyle. Was thinking about going to 100 but I'd only just busted the 50 barrier the other day so decided not to push myself too hard.

Feeling really good :D

good effort amy

Yesterdays Training

Dynamic Bench Press 8 X 3
(Targets ATP Energy System, Works on developing the explosive push at the bottom of lift)

Close Grip Bench 3X10 (Triceps)
Tricep Pushdowns 3 X 10 (Triceps)
Skull Crushers 3 X 10 (Triceps Medial + Lateral Heads)

Rower 15 minutes (recovery HR: 37 beats at 1 minute mark, 47 beats at 2 minute mark)

Todays Training

Deadlift 3 X 10
Shrugs 3 X 10
One Arm DB Rows 3 X 10
Dynamic Squat 10 X 1 (good explosive push at the bottom, became airborne on each rep :) )

went to new gym today and just had a play around on machines coz they are all totally different did do around 40mins cardio and some cquats the plank and v sits
fleeing a little out my my depth the people are lovely but i swear i was the yopungest and the fattest person there which isnt really that motivating =[
hopefully will get better seeing my trainer next wed and going to do a class tomorrow morning

Had a rough night last night (little-no sleep) an important appointment this morning, and needed to do some things in town so my exercise for the day (if it counts) is wandering around the city centre here (for some of it with a reasonably heavy bag). Am too sleep deprived to even consider the gym today.

just had my first spin session at the new gym was bit dissappointed as bikes are not a good and trainr jsut assumed that i knew what i was doing =] and started yelling commands
i feel like i didnt really work that much i sweated so much but it was really warm in there i dont feel like my muscles had a good work out thought hopefully it wil lbe better with a dif trainer xx

starting to like the gym now still think that trainer is a lil snooty but i stay well clear of him!
went today and did 35mins of cardio on cross trainer and then 40squats
the plank 4 reps of 30secs
3 reps press up and 20 sits ups
=D
got two spinning classes tomorrow plus a gym work out xx

Just finished a mostly uphill 7 km run in just under 1 hour :) , hubby dropped me at a known distance from home in the car and I ran home. today is the day that the local event is on called "race the rattler" I am going to aim to run it next year

Evening Gym session

Bench Press 3 X 10 @ 45 kg
Floor Press 3 X 10 @ 50 kg
DB Bench 3 X 10 @ 20 kg
Incline Bench 3 X 10 47.5 kg
Preacher Curls 10 @ 30, 8 @ 32.5, 6 @ 35, 4 @ 37.5 kg (up the rack- minimum rest)

Last edited:
oh wow i wish i couls ru nthat far but running is really not my thing i can do 10 mins then i need a rest!
good luck with your training! x

Squat Day

Squat 3 X 10 (comp legal)
Hamstring Raises 3 X 10
Calf Raises 3 X 10
Hyper Extensions 3 X 10
Dynamic Deadlifts 10 X 1

Back