Erg Club

Trusylver

Sport and Exercise Coach
Staff member
An “ergometer” (“erg” for short) is a device that measures work. Common Ergs are Row Ergs (Rowing machine), Ski Ergs (Ski Machine) and Bike Ergs (Stationary Bike)

I have just added a Concept 2 Row Erg to my home gym and will post my progress here. I would love to see others rowing, skiing and riding to post here also.

Today I completed a 5k row in 8 intervals. I also setup the connection for my rows to be uploaded from the rower to the online log which I have made public but does not include this 5k.

Interesting idea. I don't know if I'll stick with it but my goal is to start doing more cardio again so I may start posting my work here as well.

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1547544/log/57934060

Lunchtime 5k, a little faster than the 5 k yesterday, just for a laugh I looked at the verified rankings for my age and weight division 12th in Aus (334 in World )for the 5k with not much improvement to climb up a few more spots, I am also the oldest in the age division for Aus most of the others are closer to 40 than 50.

As a competitive person this is a motivator to improve especially after I have my hip injection next week.

I also need to set my benchmarks for each of the other ranked distance divisions and time divisions. the hard ones with be the half and full marathons lol

The records are for the current season

Only you could outrow everyone on your first go on a new machine... You really are something, Tru! I don't have a competitive bone in my bone or I'd be too intimidated to ever post on this thread.

Gotta start somewhere: did 10 min/1.56 km on the elliptical this morning. Was going to do some (slow, easy!) rowing as well but the most talkative woman at the gym was on the bike next to the rowers and while I feel for her tragic backstory she's a bigoted pos and I didn't want to ruin my mood.

That shouldn´t be a problem for you! I made it to the gym today despite a sleepless night and did 10 minutes on the elliptical again. 1.66 km this time.

Thanks to your post I hoisted my bloated corpse off the couch and went to the gym instead of finishing the last of the chocolate. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical (1.68 km, 188 kcal) and 10 on the rower (2080 m, 115 kcal). Guess who feels better now?

Back