Emily Rose: The Reboot

Feeling good about things is certainly a good start! Being able to dance is part early exposure to complex rhythms, part flexibility, part habit and part not giving a shit. Three of those anyone can get better at :p

Ha, thanks LaMa.

Day 16:
Really quick entry as I am beat.

1. How did today go?
As days go, fine.
Weigh in was 11 stone 7 1/4 pounds.

2. How was your food and exercise?
Yoga session for exercise.

Food:
Breakfast: porridge, chia seeds, blueberries, milk; morning coffee
Snack: Greek yoghurt pot with almonds, blueberries and raspberries
Tea and milk
Lunch: Awful beef and potato soup and an equally sick ham, coleslaw and cheese sandwich; tea and milk
Snack: Apple cream cake; tea and milk
Dinner: Takeaway Hawaiian pizza (also not great) with garlic dip
Alcohol: Bottle of white wine

Cigs: 8

3. Are you any closer to reaching your goals?
Not really. But that's ok, still early days.

Great goals Emily!

Wow, sounds like you're already hitting a great weight and eating well. You'll be super hot by the end of it!

Haha, thanks Baboon65! Beliiiieeeevvvveee.

Amendments to day 16 -
I'm in full disclosure mode, so I actually drank a bottle of Corona and 100ml of hot whiskey yesterday also. Cig count was 10.

Day 17:

1. How did today go?
Today was a Christmas miracle/Love Actually moment. Had the best romantic, delusional day of all time. Honestly, it was unbelievable. But I'm starting to believe, so I'm going with it.

Weigh in was 11 stone 5 3/4 pounds. That was due to the alcohol last night, it's going to ricochet back up tomorrow, but still, it was nice to see that number.

Exercise was an interval run. An easy one, but I did it. Getting up for spinning tomorrow will probably be more difficult but this train don't stop.

Food:
- can of coke
- french toast that was absolutely amazing
- cappuccino
- coffee and milk
- can of coke
- grilled chicken breast with salad of avocado, pine nuts, hummus, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and spinach
- 3/4 bottle red wine
- tea and milk x2
- chips and garlic sauce

Cig count is a reprehensible 12. Again, this should go down during the week.

I met the man I'm going to marry today. It sounds crazy - it is. But I just have this feeling I can't shake about this dude. It's unbelievable. And I always meet him by chance and it's never the right time, but I really feel like someday it will be.
Also, I got my picture taken for the paper today, that was cool.

:D I hated "Love, actually" but I love your enthusiasm. Serendipity is a wonderful thing ;)
Why are going to be in the paper? Sounds very cool!

Hi LaMa, I was at a book launch, so the photographer took my photo. How exciting!

Baboon65, he's basically like my dream man. I couldn't actually believe I met him again. And he's still not married or anything. I don't know, there's just something about him I can't shake. He has a girlfriend though, he always does. So probably best to forget about him again (for now at least).

Day 18:

1. How did today go?
Ugh. I am ill again. Feel like absolute shit. And I have to be in work for 8am. FML.

Weighed in at 11 stone 6 pounds. Happy with that.

Exercise was a really hard spin class that I think has contributed to making me feel awful again. I am achy all over.

Food was hmm. I didn't really eat a lot today, think it's the illness. Had a drifter bar and a Galaxy caramel bar. I know, terrible. A cappuccino. A banana, a chocolate and a mint tea. Then for dinner, I had a slice of toast with butter and brie with cranberries. Then an omelette with mushrooms, chili peppers, spring onions, sundried tomatoes, brie with cranberries, peppers and spinach with a slice of toast and butter. Two cups of tea and milk. Done now for the evening.

Cig count is 7. Better.

Hearing about the dream job this week but wondering now if I even want to move? Hmm. I would love to interview for it at least so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed tight as I can but please don´t overdo the work-outs before you´re all healthy again!

Thanks LaMa. Feeling a bit better today.

Day 19:

1. How did today go?
Today started off badly when I got pulled over for being on my phone on the way to work. I cried. It was upsetting. But the rest of the day was pretty good.

I weighed in at 11 stone 5 1/2 pounds. I know that number is going up tomorrow though, but how thrilling. I think I'll really start to notice a difference at 11 stone. (My goal is around 10, or whenever I don't have a paunch anymore.)

Exercise was a very relaxing yoga class, not very stressful, but it was a bit cold in the room.

Food:
- porridge, raspberries, flaxseed, blueberries, milk
- coffee and milk
- scone with 2 butters, raspberry jam and strawberry jam
- tea and milk x2
- this chickpea tagine thing with couscous which caused heavy flatulence for the evening. Chickpeas make my stomach cry. Going to avoid them from now on.
- coffee and milk
- wispa bar and fry's chocolate cream bar. Bad choices.
- mint tea
- a decadent sandwich of 2 slices toast with butter, brie with cranberries, smoked salmon, sundried tomatoes and spinach. So tasty but probably not the best.
- bedtime tea

Bad food day overall really.

Cig count: 5. My original goal. If I could keep it at this level for a while, it would be fab.

No. I have one more day of work tomorrow and I hope that's it because I have loads of stuff to sort out in town on Wednesday (nearly all annoying shit) and I need sleeeeeeeep to get over this blasted cold. But I am in good spirits overall.

Getting pulled over sucks... but it´s a lot better than accidentally killing someone because you were distracted. Was the chickpea thing homemade? I get such a stomach ache when I use any kind of legumes and don´t rinse them very thoroughly but apparently they don´t affect everyone equally.

Hi LaMa - no, it was a meal I got at work. I washed the chickpeas the other day and it still had the same effect. Hmm.

Hey Hana - I don't really 'know' him, I met him 7 years ago and have met him roughly once a year since then. I have nothing to go on for this belief - in fact, probably most women that meet him might think the same. But we have loads in common and I like his outlook on life, plus he's yummy. Anyway, might not see him for another year, let's see how it pans out.

Day 20:
Jesus. Day 20. Fuck. I need to start to get it together.

1. How did today go?
Today was challenging in terms of following a plan, because it was a day when Christmas really came into its own and I had loads of events which centred around it, which always equals a lot of food and a lot of drink. So I'm going to give myself a little break in the spirit of Christmas and not get too wrapped up in how not goal-related it was.

Look - I got up this morning at 6am and went for an interval run. It's cold outside. It's dark. It was super early. And I did that much. So that was a good thing for me.

Food:
Ah. Here it gets crazy.
Breakfast: coffee and milk; hash brown, slice of toast and butter, black pudding, sausage, boiled egg, ketchup. Tea and milk x2.
Lunch: Christmas dinner at work. I got the turkey and ham with stuffing, potatoes, brussels sprouts and gravy. I could have got cake, pick 'n' mix, chocolate fountain with marshmallows, mince pies, etc. and I said 'NO!' to all. So give me a little break here.
Some lemon and orange water; coffee and milk.
Dinner: Dinner was in a restaurant with some lovely friends of mine. It was very enjoyable. I ordered the scallops with black pudding and apple which was a smallish dish with some chips and ketchup/mayo.
Alcohol: Whiskey sour before dinner. Glass of white wine with dinner. Dessert cocktail after dinner of a toffee martini. Quite nice but I prefer espresso martinis. Heaven-sent. 2 pints of Heineken. Enjoying a glass of rosé now, will update on this tomorrow. A lot of booze. A lot of Christmas.

Weigh-in today: 11 stone 7 1/4. Expected.

Cigs: 14. Maybe go for a smoke-free day tomorrow. Nights out ruin me.

Nah.

Scallops with black pudding and apple? Want! Otherwise: mostly well done, give yourself a break. Apart from the alcohol and the cigarettes you did very well.

Scallops with black pudding & apple sound really bizarre to me . :eek: I must be the odd one out here! Are you in the UK Emily? I'm confused with the food combos. Some sounds really British & others so American. I'm a sticky beak I know. Black pudding with scallops. Wow!
Hope you have a smokes-free day hon :)

Yep, the scallops were delectable LaMa.

Thanks Hana - I enjoyed both. :)

Amendment to day 20: Ended up drinking the entire bottle of rosé. Bitterly regretted that decision when I woke up this morning.

Day 21:

1. How did today go?
Considering all the booze I ingested yesterday, today wasn't so bad. I had loads of stuff to do in town and I HAD to get it done today, so it got me out of bed and hangover town a little bit faster. I also think all the alcohol has killed off my cold - feeling a lot better in that respect today. But obviously was shattered all day and I am now so happy to be back in my comfy bed and getting a great night's sleep.

Let's start with the cigarettes. I had 2 today. 2! Can't remember the last time I only smoked 2 cigs in a day. I think I'm finally getting a handle on them. I'm nearly ready to say goodbye.

Weigh-in was a tremendous 11 stone 4 3/4 pounds. Again, it was probably because the alcohol soaked up all the water. But still, very happy with that.

Exercise was a weights class. It was tough.

Food was not great at all, but it never is after alcohol, is it? I don't even feel bad about eating crap all day because you've lost so much salt and minerals, you need to get them back whatever way you can. I don't agree that eating healthy the next day is the best cure. Anyway, here is the list:
  • instant hot chocolate with a little bit of milk; 1 slice toast with butter, sundried tomatoes, smoked salmon and brie with cranberries; chocolate Santa lollipop
  • bottle of coke
  • 1 scoop mango ice cream (so yum); americano and milk; merry berry tea
  • americano and milk; lemon curd tart
  • McDonalds signature spicy burger, medium fries, medium Fanta, ketchup
  • Galaxy bar and milky way bar
Well, my weight appears to be going down, so I guess I am. I've been really consistent with my exercise for over a week now, very happy with that. Nothing about the job, but I might not hear till after Christmas. All going well I think.

Thanks Cate.

Amendment to day 21: Also had a glass of orange juice.

Day 22:

1. How did today go?

Today went ok. I woke up early enough, got some Christmas shopping done, and am having another earlyish night. Still feeling a little tired from the excesses of Tuesday.

Did a pretty intense yoga session this evening. Really glad it's Christmas and I don't have to go again until January! I find running or cardio-based exercises like spinning a lot easier. But I firmly believe that the harder something is for you, the more you should be doing it. I don't really care if I can ever manage a headstand but I would love to get my flexibility a lot higher.

Food:
- porridge, flaxseed, raspberries, milk
- glass of orange juice
- large americano with milk and carrot cake
- orange juice
- coffee and milk
- tea and milk
- chicken stir fry with brown rice
- 2 ryvita with butter, smoked salmon, brie with cranberries and sundried tomatoes
- tea and milk

Not too bad.

I weighed in today at 11 stone 9 1/4. I was really pissed off and felt like throwing in the towel, but that won't get me anywhere, will it? Cig count was 11 in reaction to this.

Heard back from that job I applied for. Apparently, they won't get through all the applications till after Christmas. I think it's a really good sign that they are keeping me in the loop though. I hope to at least get an interview.

Having mixed feelings about moving away now. Maybe it's just knowing my dream man is living in the same city as me finally. I know that's really stupid. If he was single and there was a definite chance of my meeting him regularly, it would make sense to feel a bit regretful. But he's not. I don't know. I guess I'm just not as excited as I was.

Day 23:

Weight: 11 stone 7 1/4 pounds

1. How did today go?

Christmas has set in and it was really interesting. Christmas for me always brings up murky feelings from my past. I always had a happy childhood in terms of my family home, but aside from that, when I was in primary school and from a very young age, I really struggled. I always wonder what it was about me that made me struggle. I was probably the smartest in my class, I was pretty, and I think maybe I was just that more innocent about the world, and that made me a target. My parents are the loveliest people. I mean, I've spent a lot of time with them, I know parents hide aspects of themselves from their kids, but I think in general, they are both lovely people, and didn't make me rough enough around the edges to be able to deal properly with the mean kids. The mean kids today stay away.

Exercise: 5k run.

Food:
- orange juice
- exquisite scrambled eggs, chorizo, potato, spinach and sourdough bread with a small banana, honey, oat and flaxseed smoothie
- coffee and milk
- flourless chocolate cake with cream and raspberry syrup with another coffee and milk
- gingerbread man
- orange juice
- tea and milk
- 4 slices pizza
- 2 crackers with pâté and cheese
- mini chocolate cupcake
- 2 slices sourdough bread - 1 hummus/1 blue cheese
- 10 glasses white wine
- 1 glass red wine
- 2 bottles fruit cider

That, my friends, is true Christmas excess. And as truthful as I can remember.

Cigs: 20

3. Are you any closer to reaching you goals?
Ha, I don't think so! Further away than ever. I don't know what exactly it is I want. I so easily disregard the good things. I don't appreciate the small stuff. I am never satisfied or truly comfortable. It's a sickness.

Emily, I am also losing weight,would be happy to be your hot boyfriend.

Back