Ellyria's 2022 New Year

Ellyria

Hello fellow dieters.

I'm 70, in excellent health, 5 feet 2 1/2 ins tall and have been watching my weight since I was 19. My weight always fluctuates because it actually requires so few calories to maintain my weight. Except for me all the women in my family are to some extent overweight because we really like to eat and drink and we are short. I don't eat a bad diet, my food is mainly not unhealthy, I just eat too much sometimes. I will never, ever be the type of person that has so much self control that I consume just the right amount to maintain my weight. I accept that holidays and special occassions push my weight up and then I make an effort to lose it again.

Over lockdown, in the absence of pubs, restaurants and holidays I lost 2 stone in 5 months by dieting and a whole lot of excercise (running mainly). After that I got down, briefly, to 119 lbs (8 stone 7), which I thought was perfect on me, but overall I have been okay with staying under 9 stone, or (126 lbs).

I was able to travel to Spain and 3 weeks in Florida, (I have a small vacation home in Davenport FL), at the end of 2021, closely followed by Christmas and New Year. With all that I had worked my way up to 137 lbs again, so I'm back on the weight losing phase. At the beginning it is always easy so since new year's day I have gone down to 133 lbs but sadly, I am aware that rate is impossible to keep up.

So, currently at 133 lbs trying to get down to 125. Happy new year.

Happy New Year, Ellyria, and welcome to the forum! Great job losing weight during the pandemic when most people gained and very sensible to start back up before your weight gets out of control. Best of luck: I look forward to following your journey.

Happy New Year to you too, Ellyria. Welcome to the diary section of the forum. You did very well losing 2 stone during the pandemic. I think that's about what I have gained in the last couple of years. I plan on doing what you have always done and not letting my weight get out of control again. It's so much easier mentally when you don’t have such a mammoth task.

Well my only remaining school friend died of what turns out to have been a heart attack at the beginning of December and so I went away to her funeral this weekend. She has a large family I haven't seen for many years, so there was eating and drinking. Oh dear. I'm back up to 136 lbs. Never mind, in the circumstances it could have been worse.

Back to the sensible eating.

I’m very sorry to hear about the death of your school friend, but it sounds like you did well under trying circumstances.

Well January didn't go as well as I had hoped, so I decided to start over in February. At the moment I'm at 135 lbs, which is only 2 less than I began the year with so I'm going to have to make more effort. I started going to the gym again. Consequently today I ache as though I have been battered but I'm sure it helps really. Even if I don't lose weight I'll feel better if I get fit again after a bit of a lay off last year.

2 lb less is still better than a gain or maintaining, so well done. Being more active usually makes me feel better about myself & more inclined to eat better. I would love to feel fit again & am working on it too.

2 pounds down is 4 pounds less than 2 pounds gained, so well done :)
Well that certainly is a positive way of looking at it, and you are right of course.

Back