Deb's weight Loss Journal

DbLxTx01

Hi,
My name is Debbie. I am 5'6" and 215 lbs. Reading some of the post here(The entire Forum) I am affraid my life is a little boring compared to some of you :) I have been sruggling with my weight for 12 yrs. The first time I gained weight was after my first child. I actually gained most of the weight after I had him and onto the 3 yrs following that event. Then back in June of 1994, decided to lose the weight. I did lose all of it. It took 2 yrs to accomplish that. I was traveling alot at that time and it seemed that as soon as I settled back down in Tx., the weight crept back up on me. I say that because thats how it happened. There did come a time when I realized that I had gained 40 lbs. I don't understand what was going through my mind at that point in my life...off on cloud nine...lol! I stayed at a steady 175 lbs for the longest time. Then I met the man, who is my husband now, and got pregnant in 2000. During my pregnancy I lost a great deal of weight..25 lbs in the first 4 months. I was sick all the time..ate very little( took prenatal Vitamins) After those four months I still didn't have my old appetite back..but was eating better. I had my second son on June of 2001. I ended up weighing in at 160 lbs, and that was 2 weeks after I had Lucas. And like the pregnacy before..I slowly gained the weigh back. I got pregnant again 6 months after I had Lucas..and gained 50 lbs with my daughter. She is a year and a half now. I weight 215 lbs, thats 25 lbs more than I was after I had her. I don't have anyone to support me. My husband tries...he bought me a treadmill. But I think I might be the laziest person alive...lol I do what needs to be done..then relaxe( the entire day) I guess thats the lo down onmy situation. I have enjoyed reading everyone elses stories. Take care All!

Attachments

• deb_04.jpg
    deb_04.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 134
Hi Deb,

welcome! Can you tell us a little more, on how you would like to lose the weight and how much you want to lose? You can make one long-term goal, but it is very important, that you also make smaller short-term goals that are realistic - otherwise you might get frustrated and give up. And you know what - I am lazy too, but that excuse doesn't count here:):):)

I was in a lil´bit of a hurry yesterday..sorry. My short term goal is to loose about 65 lbs. in 5 months. My long term goal is to get back to my old weight of 120 lbs. I do relize that ultimately...weight doesn´t matter. I have never been athleticly inclined...So I imagine that I will probably have more muscle mass than earlier on...if I can stay with my exercises. I walk for 45 minutes (total) a day. I start off warming up at 2 mph for 5 minutes. Then do stretching exercises for 10 minutes. Then I get back on my treadmill, at 3 mph, for 35 minutes.Following that, I cool back down for 5 minutes, at 2 mph. Finishing off with a few more stretching exercises. My goal is to start jogging soon. I do toning exercises 4 times a week. So honestly..I would be very happy if I can reach a long term goal of 130 lbs. I know that it will take me a while to reach my long term goal. But as long as I can get down 65 lbs...that would make me feel better, physically. My back hurts so bad. I have found that during that time of the month...my cramps are more extreme that be4. I get really depressed..I find myself literally hiding away from the world. Thats not fair to my husband or children. So I am fired up...Gonna do this..thanks for writing Natalie...U take care honey :)

HI Deb - sorry for the long pause in writing - my computer and I were sick:( - so no exercise for me during that time, and my eating habits weren't great during that time, but since I never have an appetite when I am sick - no harm done here.

You are already exercising that's a step in the right direction. As for the depression during that time - have you ever spoken to your doctor about that - there are various teas or supplements out there that might be able to make that time a little easier for you - and your family:):)

Keep up the exercising and try to make small goals for yourself along the way.

Hi Debbie
I sometimes understand what you are going through. I had my son 18 years and at the time I gave birth to him I weighed 200 lbs and I stayed that way for almost 18 years. Just this past year I have stopped smoking and started to eat better, I turned 40 and have began to take off the pounds. I guess all good things happen to those who wait. If you keep thinking positive, walk lots drink lots of water then you will also lose weight in a positive way. Keep smilin!!!

Hi ya´ll

Natalie..I have also come down with a cold. Usually happens that way when the weather starts to change. Yes...I have tried just about everything I know to take the depression away...not any success. But I am feeling a lil' better now that I exercise. I guess it would help to change my diet...having lil' problem with the will power on that one.
Thanks Mary...I have had more confidence in myself than I have ever had be4. I know it is gonna take baby steps...but I am in this for the long hall. I have pretty much gotten the exersising down to habit. I want to work on the way I eat. My next goal.
I appreciate the feed back. Can't wait to hear from ya'll again. Good luck with everything ;-)
PS. Oh I forgot...I have lost 10 lbs..since I started exersising three weeks ago. I have attached a file of a picture of me when I was 85 lbs. less than what I am now. Helps to motivate..when I can look back...lol

Attachments

• deb3.jpg
    deb3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 80
Hi ya´ll

Natalie..I have also come down with a cold. Usually happens that way when the weather starts to change. Yes...I have tried just about everything I know to take the depression away...not any success. But I am feeling a lil' better now that I exercise. I guess it would help to change my diet...having lil' problem with the will power on that one.
Thanks Mary...I have had more confidence in myself than I have ever had be4. I know it is gonna take baby steps...but I am in this for the long hall. I have pretty much gotten the exersising down to habit. I want to work on the way I eat. My next goal.
I appreciate the feed back. Can't wait to hear from ya'll again. Good luck with everything ;-)
PS. Oh I forgot...I have lost 10 lbs..since I started exersising three weeks ago. I have attached a file of a picture of me when I was 85 lbs. less than what I am now. Helps to motivate..when I can look back...lol

Attachments

• deb3.jpg
    deb3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 85
10lbs in 3 weeks - way to go....that's a lot - Keep it up.
If you manage to control your intake - you will do even better. I have full confidence in you that you can do it. Start writing down what you eat - you'll see it will help - but no cheating...everything has to be written down. (even the sugar cubes in the coffee)

Hi Debbie:

Good for you on making the effort to try to change your habits and your weight. It's a really tough road and you need allt he support you can get. I see that you're getting that from everyone already.....

Yopu said you hope to lose 65lbs in 5 months - that sounds pretty agressive - have you checked with your doctor on that?

My math is atrocious - but - 5 months is roughly 17 weeks (I think), a reasonable and healthy weight loss is about 2.5 lbs/week.

Greater than 2.5 lbs loss/weekly MAY not stay off.

You said you suffer from depression? I can relate to this - bigtime! Are you getting plenty of Vit. B complex in your diet? These vits. are crucial to mental activities and lack of same play big in depression.

Here's a couple of ideas - 1) try keeping a food diary on here, so we can help you
2) list the foods that cause you the most weight trouble, so we can suggest substitutes and finally, try to get at the root of the depression.

I saw your picture, you are a very lovely lady, so there's a start right there :)l

HI Deb,

how are you?
how is your exercising coming along and more important. Did you manage to make some changes to your diet? Are you writing everything down? We would all love to get an update from you:)

Hi Deb,

still no update?? Hope all is well and you are keeping on track with your goals and are still exercising. If there is anything we can do to support you from here, let us know:)

Back