Daniel's trip to Hell and back

I reckon you need to mix up the work out abit. You are working like a machine, don't get me wrong.

But your muscles will adjust very quickly. Do you try varying the types of push-ups you do?

Try wide spread push-ups, then mix it up by making a triangle with your thumbs and (those fingers next to your thumbs).

Try doing some on you knuckles also.

Mixing it up is really good. Also rest is really important.

thanks for the advice Backspace, i will start doing that. As for today, more machine working out as usual.. ;)

morning:
25 minute bike ride
5 sets of:
30 push ups
25 crunches
20 leg levers

afternoon:
tennis practice 2.5 hours
45 minutes of wind sprints

Exciting day, swam 50 meters underwater today. Was a big hurdle for me.

morning workout:
light lift
sprints-1x300, 8x220's
swim-
200 mtr swim, 100 mtr swim/25 mtr kick board/25 mtr underwater all 4 times
2 50 mtr hypoxic swims, 100 mtr cooldown

afternoon:
tennis practice 1.5 hours
short swim, i made the 50 meter underwater swim during this swim.

good workout today, had a lot of energy which is weird for me on the 6th workout day of the week.

morning:
4 mile run-30 minutes
30 pushups
25 situps
30 pushups
15 leg levers
5 close grip pullups
50 flutter kicks (2 count)
5 close grip pullups
3x10 3 way crunches

I did this circuit 3 times..the second time with wide grip pushups and wide grip pullups, the third time with close grip push ups and undergrip pullups. i could only do 2 sets of 20 wide grip push ups.

Howdy everyone, sorry i didn't write yesterday. Just rested and swam a few underwater 50's to keep my confidence up.

My workout today went like this:

morning
30 minute stationary bike ride
max pullups-14/7
max pushups-60
75 flutter kicks (4 count) insanely hard..
50 crunches

afternoon
tennis practice 2.5 hours
full body lift 1.5 hours
including:
3 sets of 10 pullups, wide/under/neutral
and some really annoying situp exercises..

tomorrow is a swim day, sort of excited.
cya

Howdy all, just got done with my workout today. i know i forgot to post yesterday so here goes.

yesterday morning:
swim-
100 y warmup
500 y free
3 x 100 y free 50 4 stroke/breath 50 2 stroke/breath
50 y underwater swim
2 x 25 y underwater/25 y 6 stroke/breath
100 y cooldown
= 1100 yards

3 x 20 pushups (arms are tired as ****)
decent ab circuit

yesterday afternoon:
tennis practice 2.5 hrs
wind sprints 40 mins

this morning:
full body circuit lift-1.5 hrs
4 mile run-31:37 (brutal)

this afternoon:
tennis practice 1 hr
upper body circuit
6x5 pullups
6x30 pushups
5x25 situps
5x50 flutter kicks (2 count)
5x15 leg levers

Hey everyone, forgot to post again yesterday. Been really busy here and i'm trying to cram as much working out time as possible into my day.

yesterday morning workout:
swim-
50y warmup
50 y hypoxic swims 2 stroke/4 stroke/6 stroke/6 stroke/4 stroke/2 stroke/ 2 stroke
5 x100 y
100 y cooldown
3 sets of pushups 50/40/30
lots of annoying abs, leg levers, flutter kicks, etc

i meant to do a couple of underwater 50 y swims, but the hypoxic exercises really kicked my a$$. I should get to it today or tomrorow though. When doing something like underwater 50's i think it's important to keep my confidence up. I know i can do it, it's just not fun.

afternoon:
tennis practice 2.5 hrs
45 minutes of short sprints and agility running

Todays workout!

morning:
brief morning lift, 30 mins
12 220 y sprints under 31 seconds (fun...)

afternoon:
30 min stationary bike
pushups 3x50, 3x20
situps 5x25
pullups 2x6 closed 2x6 wide 2x6 under
leg levers 3x15, alternated with flutter kicks 2x50 (2 count)

Last edited:
Had an amazing run this morning. Really ran well, don't quite know where the energy came from but it was very exciting.

workout:
5 mile run-33 min, 25 sec
30 pushups
100 russian twists (2 count)
30 pushups
50 crunches

Hey everyone, i'm currently playing a tournament and the hotel has horrible internet. If i don't write, thats why. I'm still working out just as hard, i just have to be a little more secretive about it. My coach would be mad if he knew i was running and lifting on match days...

morning:
stationary bike 30 min
6x30 pushups
6x8 lat/under/close grip pull downs-140 lbs
12x50 assorted ab exercises

afternoon:
tennis match-2 hrs (lost, 6-4, 3-6, 2-6)

I guess maybe it wasn't as intense as normal workouts, but tennis matches tend to take more energy then just normal tennis practice. It's mentally exhausting as well..

-daniel

I don't know what you call em..Your sitting down, and you pull the bar down from above your head. Essentially it's like a pullup.

Anyhow, this is what i did today:

morning
tennis match 1.5 hrs (lost again)
4 mile run-30 mins
30 pushups
abs
30 wide grip pushups
abs
30 closed grip pushups
abs
20 pushups
abs
20 wide grip pushups
abs
20 closed grip pushups
abs

try handstand pushups. I want to see how many you can do with all those other pushups. I think increasing muscle mass affects motor skills. My golf game went to crap once I started lifting.

Ah - lat pulldowns. Those are good, but won't ever compare to real pull ups. I'm guessing you're only doing those because you're on the road.

Hey all, sorry been mia for awhile. Just got back to my house from being on the road for 6 days. Nice to be back in my own house.. Anyhow, basically this week my workout revolved around 30 minutes of cardio and 200 pushups and lots of abs each day. Pretty basic but it was really all i could do with a hotel weight room. Tomorrow i'm planning a 30 minute swim with a 6 mile run shortly after. Of course a healthy dose of pushups and situps too. O, i was only doing lat pulldowns because i didn't have access to a pullup bar. Better then nothing me thinks..

Back