Crosstraining

10-7-05

3 mini-sessions today, spaced about 3 hours apart.Each time I warmed up with a quick set of reverse hypers, then did sandbag power clean and throws for the width of the yard, which ended up being 10 reps per set for 3 sets.Used a 75-pound bag.
After the clean/throws, I did a pull-up ladder on the gymnast rings for a total of 21 reps per ladder (1,2,3,4,5,6 reps).

10-8-05

Two mini-sessions today.Both consisted of handstand push-ups for 4 ladders of 1,2 and 3 reps each ladder.Finished both sessions with 25 strict push-ups.

Evolution-

I have two 44ibers from Dragondoor and just sold my 53iber from Gill Athletics because I didn't like the design as it may exercises like snatches way too awkward.I'm ordering a 53 from Dragondoor next month.

Do you feel the KBs have a better feel to them for the high velocity movements than a db? I've never played with any kbs but it would seem they'd be more even-weighted. I've been doing a lot of 1 arm barbell snatching and love the movement even more than when I was doing it with a db.

Evolution-I feel that the kettlebells work extremely well for many of the explosive movements, especially snatches, and I am assuming it is due to it's construction.This is just personal preference though as I think that you can get the same benefits from a dumbell for about 90% of the exercises out there.

One-arm barbell snatches rule!Talk about balance.They are a terrific exercise and probably one of the better variations of the snatch.

10-9-05

Weighted pistol squats 2 ladders of 1,2,3 reps w/ 30 extra ibs
-alternated with-
Weighted pull-ups on gymnasts rings 2 ladders of 1,2,3 reps w/ 25 extra ibs

Single-arm kettlebell swings 5 sets of 10 reps/ea arm w/ 44ib bell

Plank position hold 2min 31sec

10-12-05

In the late am, did a kettlebell workout of single-arm snatches with the 44ib bell.12 sets of 10 reps per arm for a total of 120 reps (new PR).

Later in the day, did a session of rope climbing; ascents with the legs held in an L-position and ascents while holding 12ib medicine ball between legs.

Back