Crosstraining

My current goal is to develop general fitness.

8/9/05

Single-arm kettlbell swings 5 sets of 10 reps/arm with 44ib bell
Ring dips 5 sets of 10 reps

Finished up with glute/ham raises and reverse hypers.

9/11/05

Wall ball 10 sets of 12 reps w/ 25ib medicine ball
-alternated with-
Ring pull-ups 10 sets of 6 reps

9/12/05

Medicine ball shuttle run (25ib med balls)

from starting line:
-20 meter sprint to first medicine ball
-20 meter sprint back to start with ball
-20 meter sprint to second medicine ball
-20 meter sprint back to start with ball
-20 meter sprint
-20 meter sprint back to start
-rest 3 minutes and repeat twice

MB bear crawls (5ib medicine ball in each hand)

-80 meters x 3 sets

9/14/05

Am Session:

handstand push-ups 5 sets of 5 reps
-alternated with-
pistol squats 5 sets of 10 reps (ea leg)

ring pull-ups 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, reps (ladder)

PM Session:

single-arm kettlebell snatches 5 sets of 10 reps (ea arm) w/44ib bell

static core circuit

Forgot to post yesterday's (8/15/05) brief, but torturous (at least for me) workout:

Toss & Sprints 100 meters x 6
-two arm overhand throw 12ib medicine ball-sprint to ball and repeat for 100 meters-

First time doing this workout and it was actually pretty demanding.It also seemed to amuse the local girl's high school soccer team who had just come off the field.Heard several mentions of a recent escape from the local psychiatric center.They must have mistook me for a ward of the state;)

Two-a-day session later today.

9/16/05

Two sessions

Early PM:

single-arm kettlebell swings 12 sets of 5 reps (ea arm) with 44ib bell

Mid PM:

sledgehammer swings 4 x 3-minute rounds with 12ib hammer

9/17/05

pull-ups 20 sets of 5 reps

9/18/05

single-arm kettlebell snatches w/ 44ib bell 12 sets of 5 reps per arm

static core circuit

8/19/05

100 burpees (20 sets of 5 reps w/ 15-sec rest intervals)

Boxing workout (shadow box; heavy bag; speed bag)

Taking the weekend off.Volleyball tournament on Sunday afternoon.

8/26/05

Weighted Pistols 2 sets of 5 reps @ 25ibs
Handstand Push-Ups 3 sets of 3 reps
Weighted Ring Pull-Ups 2 sets of 5 reps @ 25ibs

Kettlebell Snatches 14 sets of 5 reps/arm @ 44ibs

8/27/05

Hit a 3-station circuit for time today:
Station one: 400-meter run
Station two: 30 reps of 20" box jumps
Station three: 30 wall ball shots with 25ib medicine ball

3 circuits in just under 18 minutes.

Missed posting a few workouts but here is yesterday's:

8/31/05

thunder rolls/twists w/ 12ib medicine ball 3 sets of 10 reps

glute/ham raises 3 sets of 8 reps

single-arm kettlebell swings w/ 53ib bell 6 sets of 5 reps/arm

core: reverse hypers_knees to elbows on rings

9/3/05

single-arm kettlebell snatches 75 total reps/arm (sets of 5's and 10's w/ 44ib kettlebell)

4-station circuit:
station 1- dips on gymnastics rings 10 reps
station 2- squats 25 reps
station 3- 15-foot rope climb 2 ascents
station 4- glute/ham raises 8 reps

*4 circuits

9/10/05

single-arm kettlebell snatches
-85 total reps per arm with the 44ib bell.Mostly sets of 5's and 10's.

staggered-grip rope pull-ups
-30 total reps on a 2-inch diameter length of manila.Switched up grip every other set.

shuttle run
-10 total sprints of 25 meters each.Odd sprints were weightless and even sprints while carrying a 25ib medicine ball

static core work

Trying to get the house ready to sell so I have had very little time to train.

9/15

Used Pavel's "grease the groove" concept today to get in some quick training.Picked two exercises, pistol squats and pull-ups on a 2" diameter climbing rope, and every 2 1/2 hours I did 2 sets of 5 reps for each exercise.Hit five sessions throughout the day, each lasting no more than 5 minutes, and totaled 50 pistols per leg and 50 rope pull-ups.

9/16

A bit more time today.Totaled 75 kettlebell snatches (30 with the 53 ib bell and 45 with the 44ib bell), primarily in sets of 5's and 10's.

Followed the kettlebell work with static core work; curl-ups and supermans.

I'm taking the weekend off and will be back at it Monday.

9/19/05

Four mini-sessions today.More of Pavel's grease the groove training.First three sessions (9am, 12pm, 3pm) all lasted just under 6 minutes and each consisted of 2 sets of 9 reps per leg of pistol squats and 3 sets of 8 reps of ring dips for a total of 54 squats and 72 dips.

Fourth session was kettlebell work; 9 sets of 10 reps per arm of swings with the 44ib kettlebell for a total of 90 reps.Took 15 minutes.

Taking tomorrow off to rest up for a military pt workout on Wednesday.

9/21/05

Did some military-style physical training today and I think I will try to make this a weekly effort, aiming towards a gradual increase in the number of reps for each exercise.

Started with a 1-mile hard run which was completed in just under 7 minutes.Followed the run with 50 pull-ups (sets of 10's and 5's), 100 push-ups (sets of 20), and 150 squats (sets of 30).Closed out with 5 ascents on the 15' climbing rope.

I ran out of time so I didn't get to the sit-ups or the second 1-mile run at the end of the workout.Next time.

9-25-05

Very little time for training these past few days.Today was just a short session of single-arm swings with the 44ib kettlebell.Did a total of 100 swings per arm in sets of 10.Also did some core work; curl-ups and supermans.

9/28/05

Another quick one.The roofer came to check out a leak so I had to cut it short.

Single-arm overhead squats with a 44-pound kettlebell for 5 sets of 5 reps each side.Then handstand push-ups alternated with pistol squats.Not sure if I'll get my military pt in this week or not.

9-30-05

Overhead squats 2 sets of 8 reps with just the bar.

Curl-ups and alternating supermans.

100 reps in the kettlebell snatch.First set was 20 reps each side.Took a break for a few minutes and then hit 16 sets of 5 reps each arm with minimal rest between sets.

Closed out with a static core circuit; side planks, superdogs, and planks.

Probably take the weekend off.

10-5-05

Finally had the time AND the energy to get in a training session.Alternated 3 sets of handstand push-ups for 2 reps with 3 sets of pistol squats for 4 reps each leg and holding a 15ib dumbell in each hand for extra resistance.Did the handstand push-ups with each hand on a kettlebell which increased the range of motion by six inches, making them extra tough.

Took a quick break and then hit 3 sets of 12 reps each arm of snatches with a 44ib kettlebell.Finished up with a plank hold for 2 minutes, 6 seconds.

Hopefully get some sandbag work in this weekend and get the rings hooked back up for pull-ups.

Back