Cowboy's Diary 2.0

Well time for an update this week. My loss this week was 3 pounds and change again. Total loss for the three weeks is at exactly 20 pounds. Pretty good considering I don't feel hungry and don't feel deprived of anything. Now if I could just get my butt outside and running. I have been walking everyday for about an hour which is about 6K. Need to speed it up I think.

This is the last week of the 4 week challenge. She has an 8 week extension for more of the same kind of thing. That will take it just a couple of weeks from Christmas. I signed up again.

So that puts me at 220 pounds at 6ft. Considering I was 260 a couple of months ago that is pretty good progress. I am feeling better too. I am not sure why I let myself get up that high again but it is what it is. I am generally very healthy even at 320 pounds way back when my blood pressure etc. was really good. Something to be thankful for. I got down to 173 way back when as well but I didn't stay there very long. I actually think I was too low. I feel best at about 185 so that is another 35 pounds. I am hoping the next 8 weeks that I can put a big dent in that number. Guess we will see.

That is it for this week.

Keep fighting the fight!!

Another week has gone by. Times flies when you get old-lol. This week I actually didn't lose any weight. I stayed exactly the same to the tenth of a pound. Weird. I would say that my body was playing catch up. 20 pounds is a lot to lose in 3 weeks so I took the lack of a gain as a win. I feel like so far this week I have lost. We will see.

The official 4 week challenge is done. I lost 8.3% of my bodyweight which I am really happy about. I know that the lighter I get the harder it is to get the pounds off. Been down this road before-lol. That being said some people in the group lost a lot. One person that won the challenge overall lost 21% of her bodyweight. Now I don't know how heavy she was but that is a lot in 4 weeks. Good for her.

We are in the next 8 weeks continuation of this program. Food has changed again and is all really good. Homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade buns ( of which she supplied the recipe) was really good. Salads and homemade dressings were awesome too. Hard to believe I am watching what I eat-lol. I have been walking and getting in at least 10,000 steps each day. If you hit that mark you get a post workout meal. My favorite is the pumpkin pancake with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter and sugar free syrup. Yup I am dieting haha.

I really have to get to the run stage but I am pushing my walking to a faster and faster pace so running is the next step.

I meant to mention that my wife is on this program too. She lost 12 pounds over the 4 weeks which is awesome as she doesn't have a whole bunch to lose. She said this is the lightest she has been in 25 years and she looks fantastic. She does really well on the Keto program so she was a little hesitant about this program but I think she is a believer now.

I am not sure if I mentioned but I was on the Keto program and did IF as well. It didn't work very well for me. I didn't feel good at all. I know it works for a lot of people but it didn't work well for me. I really needed some carbs in there as well.

Well that is it for this week.

Hi, Cowboy. This program sounds excellent, as is losing 8.3 of your body weight. Being the lightest your wife has been in 25 years must feel so good.

:rotflmao: You're starting to sound like a commercial! I think it's great that you're so enthusiastic about your plan though. And wonderful that you and your wife can do it together.

If the woman who lost 21% of her body weight wasn't super bloated at the start and dehydrated at the end that's a worrying rate of loss. Or a cheater.

Hi, Cowboy. This program sounds excellent, as is losing 8.3 of your body weight. Being the lightest your wife has been in 25 years must feel so good.
Thanks Cate. It does feel good to get back into the groove.

:rotflmao: You're starting to sound like a commercial! I think it's great that you're so enthusiastic about your plan though. And wonderful that you and your wife can do it together.

If the woman who lost 21% of her body weight wasn't super bloated at the start and dehydrated at the end that's a worrying rate of loss. Or a cheater.
Sorry LaMa. Don't want to come across as pushing anything-lol. It is just interesting to me to follow someone else's plan-lol. . I have always done my own thing. Yeah I wondered about the 21% too- seems like a lot of weight for such a short time- makes no sense.

Well it has been a bit since I have posted on here - I am trying to at least post weekly. Last week I lost .8 of a pound after a zero pound weight loss the week before. I think my body just needed to catch up. Plus I wasn't sticking to the plan- not cheating just not eating as much as she said I should. I was second guessing the plan.

I have 1700 calories a day and then if you do a 45 minute workout or do over 10,000 steps you get a workout meal. The " meal" consists of maybe a couple of protein balls or a protein pancake- she varies it and gives you the recipe for whatever it is that week. I haven't been eating those as usually I just finished a meal or is just about to start one. Plus at my age I just can't seem to get all the food down that I am supposed to eat. For instance 10 oz of broccoli at one meal is just too much - haha. Anyway the start of last week I told my wife that maybe I should just eat everything according to plan and I did. The result--- 3.4 pounds this week- so 24.2 pounds in 6 weeks- not too bad. Seems so odd to me to eat more and lose weight but I get it. Body- starvation mode - the whole thing. So I guess from now on I will trust the plan and see what happens.

I am now about 215 pounds so I would like to lose at least another 30 pounds. We will see how far I get before this program finishes. I am feeling a lot better and I am having to pull my "small" clothes out of storage so that is a good thing.

Well that is it for this week.

3.4 pounds this week- so 24.2 pounds in 6 weeks- not too bad.
Understatement of the month! Eating more and losing more is the best combination in my book - although there are clear limits to how much volume and fiber my stomach can handle in one sitting, too.

Trusting the plan sounds like a very good idea, Cowboy. It obviously works :) I love that you have had to pull out your "small" clothes 👏

Understatement of the month! Eating more and losing more is the best combination in my book - although there are clear limits to how much volume and fiber my stomach can handle in one sitting, too.
Hi LaMa,

Yeah it is a very strange thing to do for me. Normally I cut back on the food I am eating to lose weight. Still have problems putting the food down my throat-lol.

Trusting the plan sounds like a very good idea, Cowboy. It obviously works :) I love that you have had to pull out your "small" clothes 👏
Thanks Cate. Funny how you forget what those small clothes used to feel like until you can put them on again.

Well I see it has been a couple of weeks since I posted here. It is hard to get back into the routine again. Plus so much has happened to the people in this forum it is hard to keep up just the reading-haha.

Anyway the weight loss is still there but of course it is slower the lower my total weight gets. I lost 2.4 pounds last week and the .8 from the week before so I am at 212.8 this week. A pretty good loss considering. This week is a lower carb week- about 5% less carbs- and I tend to lose faster on these weeks so I am looking forward to the number at the end of the week. My goal is about 180 pounds so I still have 33 pounds or so to go. Funny how fast the weight can go on and how slow it is to lose it.

Well I have been down this road before and I know what to expect and how to get there. I am in a good head space and I will get there.

That is it for this week.

so much has happened to the people in this forum it is hard to keep up just the reading-haha.
We don't expect you to keep up :) It's always great to hear from you. I always sing "I was a highwayman, down the road I did ride" 🎶🤠 when I see you have posted!
Losing 2.4 lbs is good. This plan is really working for you.

It´s maddening. But 2.4 lbs in a week is great going!
Thank you. Sure is tough sometimes to get rid of and just a smell of cake and I would put 5 on. Well a smell and a couple of pieces-lol

Back