Cowboy's Diary 2.0

Well I haven't had time yet to get to some diaries. This damn work thing gets in the way of things-lol.

I have been thinking about a few things. You know when you are at your goal weight and you try to maintain that weight it is so hard. There is no sense of accomplishment because the number on the scale stays the same. Especially for someone who has been heavy and dieted his whole life. You know you are at maintenance and then you gain a few pounds and you think well that is only 5 pounds and don't think anything about it. Then life happens, Covid happens and other things happen and before you know it it is 20 pounds then 40 pounds etc. etc. You forget how it feels to be 175 pounds ( my goal weight) and you get used to yourself at 200 then 240 and then 260 ( thank goodness I didn't get to my high of 320 pounds) . You lose that feeling of being lighter and feeling lighter. You buy bigger clothes and then say to yourself well my clothes fit-lol. It is such an uphill battle.

Now that I am down 35 pounds and at about 225 from 260 that feeling of being lighter and feeling lighter is starting to come back and I LIKE IT-haha. Sometimes I envy people that are naturally thinner. No matter what they eat or do they don't gain much weight.

I am going to do this yet again. I am an all or nothing sort of person so when I get into the zone I have a tendency to stay there. Not even chocolate cake can sway me and believe me that is a real temptation for me-lol. It takes me some time to get there but I am feeling that old feeling again.

Well that is it for me today.

Keep Fighting the Fight!!

Most of that last post could have been mine, but I haven't managed to get back on track......yet.

I've been struggling as well. Officially I blame covid but really that's nonsense. And I want to be ready for the world when it reopens, not just start heading in the right direction!

I've been struggling as well. Officially I blame covid but really that's nonsense. And I want to be ready for the world when it reopens, not just start heading in the right direction!
I know what you mean LaMa. I can always make an excuse to NOT do it rather than an excuse TO do it-lol. We don't know how long it will take before the world reopens but that doesn't mean we don't have to reopen ourselves and be the best and feel the best we can no matter what. First step is always the hardest. You will get there too!!

.... Not even chocolate cake can sway me and believe me that is a real temptation for me-lol. ...
i remember once hearing Arnold (early on when he was a body builder... when i admired him) say that he'll do an extra hundred reps so he can have that piece of apple strudel later on.

i have said this before, my initial goal weight was to get down to 190. after i found intermittent fasting i blew past that and have been in the mid-high 160's (BMI <24) for just short of 3 years now. i don't have to worry about those extra reps, because i don't really eat desserts. fruit is about the closest i come. ... maybe a fortune cookie a few times a month.

i have had runs up to the low-mid 170's, but it is typically because i'm relaxing my IF rules. getting back on track brings me back down, though it seems like it takes much longer to knock off 2lbs than to put it on.

i remember once hearing Arnold (early on when he was a body builder... when i admired him) say that he'll do an extra hundred reps so he can have that piece of apple strudel later on.

i have said this before, my initial goal weight was to get down to 190. after i found intermittent fasting i blew past that and have been in the mid-high 160's (BMI <24) for just short of 3 years now. i don't have to worry about those extra reps, because i don't really eat desserts. fruit is about the closest i come. ... maybe a fortune cookie a few times a month.

i have had runs up to the low-mid 170's, but it is typically because i'm relaxing my IF rules. getting back on track brings me back down, though it seems like it takes much longer to knock off 2lbs than to put it on.
Hi Overlandflyer. When I close to my goal weight it took my almost longer to lose that last 10 pounds as it did the whole 145 pounds. It was hard to force my body down that low. Good for you for keeping it off.

Well time to check in. This was my first week on the new program. This first week was a detox/cleanse week. It is hard to believe how much clean food I had to eat to get to 1700 calories. I was stuffed the whole week. That being said I was down 14 pounds. Now I know the first week always gives you the fastest loss- this isn't my first rodeo-lol. That being said considering how much actual food I ate I was pleasantly surprised by how much I lost. This next week there is more carbs introduced and a pumpkin muffin with sugar free chocolate chips and a pumpkin spice latte that is made with real pumpkin and unsweetened almond milk that sounds delicious so we shall see. She also pushes at least 4l of water per day which I don't have any issues with as I always drink a lot of water.

So far, so good on the weight loss front. I haven't started running again yet but I have been walking quite a bit so trying to get back actual running and getting more exercise is a slow process but I am on the path.

That is it for now.

Keep fighting the fight!!

Thanks Cate. I don't think I have eaten that much food and still been on a "diet"-lol. Eating this way seems to work for me. Nice thing is she varies the Protein/Carbs/Fats combo each day and then each week as well. It is very interesting to see the menu each week. Food is mostly delicious - some things I eat with less gusto-haha. Just finished a delicious Chili for lunch.

Having a different menu every week sounds like a bit more work but also like something that would keep things interesting and reduce the urge to "cheat".

Having a different menu every week sounds like a bit more work but also like something that would keep things interesting and reduce the urge to "cheat".
Hi LaMa.

Nice part about it is that she even sends the grocery list for everything. Takes the guess work out of " What am I having for dinner". Lots of prep work but once you are done it is made for the week. She has a tendency to make more than you would eat for say dinner and then you have it for lunch the next day. So on Friday she sends out the menu and grocery list for the next week so you have time to shop and then prepare the food. No thinking involved just prepare and then eat- easy peasy-lol. She even has dessert for some days.

It sounds great, Cowboy. You will have lots of recipes for later as well for healthy meals.

Weekly check-in time. I really am trying to get to some of your diaries but I have been gone for a while and so much has happened to some of you. I promise I am trying.

Well after a big loss last week- I lost 3 pounds this week. To be expected as my body needs time to recover and reset itself after last week. The foods were definitely different this week. A little more carbs and protein. This program lasts 4 weeks with an extension of 8 more weeks if I want to do it. I think she has a lot of people that try it for the 4 weeks and realize it doesn't work for them or they can't stick to it. It is an "out" I guess. Reading some of the Facebook group comments I can see where some people just aren't ready to really commit to this or just don't like it. To each his/her own I guess.

I am going to stick to it for the 12 total weeks - if not to get some awesome recipes but to continue the weight loss. I am looking at getting rid of about 40 more pounds. Probably not going to happen in the next 10 weeks but hopefully I can put a dent in it. We have Thanksgiving up here this coming weekend and she even sent out a special menu for just that day that includes Turkey, vegetables, gravy etc. even a dessert.

I have been walking lots even though the weather is getting colder. I haven't made that jump to running but that is coming. To think I used to run 10KM or more in -40C-lol.

That is it for this week.

Keep fighting the fight!!

That's great that she even has a Thanksgiving menu! Another 3 pounds down is more than respectable.

It really does sound good & it's great that you are going to stick with it for the full 12 weeks. Having it all worked out for you would be a wonderful thing. Down 17 lbs in 2 weeks. Wow!

That's great that she even has a Thanksgiving menu! Another 3 pounds down is more than respectable.
Thanks LaMa. Yeah the menu for Thanksgiving included Turkey, potatoes, vegetables and even a pumpkin dessert. I didn't feel like I was missing out which is good.

Back