Club 200 Plus

Greetings, I'm 64 years old, currently 217 lbs.
Frankly I've been over weight all my life, & have not been Under 200 lbs since I was 18.
I was 225 lbs when I got married (23 years old) & put on 5 lbs the first year, & about 1lb every year there after.
I started working out & watching my diet last summer mid July 2017.
My weight hit 258 lbs, & blood pressure was 140/90.
I bought a fitbit charge HR, (used $50) & added the MyfitnessPal app to my phone.
These two help track my calories both in/out.
I go to the gym 5 days a week. Mon-wed-Fridays cardio, Tues-Thurs Light weights.
I hit my first target 235 lbs by Christmas 2017 & 2nd, 225 lbs by March 1st.
My blood pressure is now 125/70 & resting heart rate near 50 bpm.
My aim is to be 210, by summer & stay there. (loose total 48 lbs)

Hi everyone! I weighed for the first time in months and surpassed my highest weight in over ten years at 286.8. In January I was down to 252. So starting over today with an 18 month long term goal. So glad I found this space. My support network has disintegrated in the past three months. Obviously that has had an effect on me. Look forward to getting to know folks here.

Hi, CrowFeather & welcome to the forum. A good place to get support is in the diary section of this forum. You'll find it here- https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/
If you start your own diary & introduce yourself you should get lots of support. It's a very friendly space :)
This link will give you some ideas of what might be useful to others to be able to offer specific advice- https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/
Say as little or as much as you like. If you start a diary it will be your space & we can visit you there :)

210! I've been in the 200's for so long that it no longer bothers me to say it. Yikes. Just had a baby girl 3 months ago so that doesn't help either, but that won't keep me down! Happy to be here :)

This week I hit the my target weight (210 lbs) which is what I weighed when I was in college.
I've lost 48 lbs, since last July 2017.
While I'm pleased with the results, I've tried the pinch an inch test, & I'll likely set a new goal for 200 lbs.
I have not been 200 lbs since high school football. (47 years ago).

Hello!

I'm currently 204. I started my weight loss journey last week when I hit my omg number of 200+. I started at 205 and lost a pound over the past week. I'm starting my exercise routine again.

Just found this club, I am thinking about where to go when I get out of the 250 to 300 club and this looks like a good candidate. I still have 9 pounds to go so it won't be right away, but hopefully in a few weeks I will be out. I don't see an upper limit here, so maybe I am ok now.

This club seems slow, no posts for over a year.

Mike I see that you still look at the forum from time to time, did you make your 200 lb goal? How are things now?

just a thought... can't say i don't find some strings with dozens of pages a little intimidating. this one is >16 year old with 94 pages. seeing there is a club 250-300, why not start a 200-250 club?

Probably a good idea, Kyle you should be getting it started soon.

I was kind of hoping some of the old folks here might join us. I noticed that although he has not posted recently mddolson was looking in on the forum as recently as Monday.

Just found this club, I am thinking about where to go when I get out of the 250 to 300 club and this looks like a good candidate. I still have 9 pounds to go so it won't be right away, but hopefully in a few weeks I will be out. I don't see an upper limit here, so maybe I am ok now.

This club seems slow, no posts for over a year.

Mike I see that you still look at the forum from time to time, did you make your 200 lb goal? How are things now?

Greetings.
I haven't been active on the forum for a while.
I just retired (last April) & my wife & I spend 2 weeks in Hawaii (Oahu & Maui).
I put 10 pounds back on this spring & summer, as we were busy working a a number projects on our home (new roof & painting front door & storage shed etc), so I neglected the gym & diet.
I am happy to report my wife & I are back into a regular work out routine, along with being diet conscious, since the first of September.
I've dropped back down to 214 from 220 lbs, & still have 200 lbs in my sights.
I managed to hold my weight through our Canadian thanksgiving & need to get back on track.

Best regards

Mike D (mddolson)

Hey Mike, thanks for answering my post. It looks like you are still more than 40 lbs below your highest weight and not too far from your goal. That is good.

I see you are a Scuba and Judo instructor, do you still do either? My father built his own Scuba equipment from Army and Air Force surplus parts in the 50s. I learned to dive with one of the old single stage double hose regulators, like what Mike Nelson used. That was long ago, before lessons and modern safety procedures. I haven't done any Scuba diving since the 60s.

At 50+ lbs down you're doing well yourself. Keep up the good work.
I too learned to dive on a 2 hose reg (USD aqua master). I stopped doing Judo in 2002 , I trashed my right knee in competition over the years & had a Total Knee replacement. I retired from diving instruction in 2010. I was dual certified Naui, & Padi.
As a retired instructor, I hold a Master Diver C-card, I still dive recreational though, & did some awesome dives in April on vacation in Maui.
Cardio is becoming difficult as I have arthritis in my left hip. I'm on waiting list for replacement surgery.
I started Judo as a junior (13) so after 35 years, I estimate I taken about 50, 000 falls, primarily on the left hip, so I shouldn't be surprised that the arthritis showed up there.
I work on elliptical & arc trainer machines on cardio days, these aggravate the hip the least.

Last edited:
As a retired instructor, I hold a Master Diver C-card, I still dive recreational
Very impressive, I only know enough to know that you know what you are doing. I still snorkel, I always preferred snorkeling and where I grew up in Florida there were lots of nice places with shallow warm snorkeling waters near by. I never thought of Canada as a diving place, cold water, no coral.

I also took judo lessons for a year or so when I was around 13 years old. The one thing it taught me that stuck was how to fall, probably saved me a few injuries over the years. That and how to count to 5 in Japanese.

Hello everyone & whoever that is reading this now who really wants to lose weight,
I started out at 236lb. After months of intense lifestyle modifications, I finally hit my target of 150lb. I wanna share my most effective methods so you know you can do it too ! Keep it up !

-Eat Fewer Carbs and More Lean Proteins :
To effectively curb my sugar intake I take spam link removed
-Eat Whole Foods and Avoid Most Processed Junk Foods :
No chips & chocolate
-Reduce Your Calorie Intake
-Lift Weights and Try High-Intensity Interval Training
Go for Short but Intense Cardio Workouts + Multi-Joint / Compound Weight Training
-Be Active Outside of the Gym / In Your Daily Life
Walk / Cycle / Climb the Stairs Whenever & Wherever Possible

Hope this will help you in your journey too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Met with my surgeon yesterday, filled in all the pre-op admission & consent forms, so my hip replacement is scheduled March 19, 2020

Back